“WIFE TRIP” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“WIFE TRIP”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

My employer books this place for meetings every other year & we always look forward to our stay.This yeay not only did my wife join me(which is encouraged by the bosses),but my daughter was able to wing it with us.It is 5 or 10 minutes from the airport & traffic has never been an issue out of our 3 trips to this point.It has a full service restaurant & live entertainment in the bar.The staff everywhere in this place is always eager to please .The food , whether catered or served @ the restaurant has always been excellent.The outdoor or indoor pools are a nice option & workout facility is well equiped.Everyone enjoyed the stay this year as always & are looking forward to our next visit.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I travel to Nashville often for work , and when I stay out at the Airport, the Sheraton Music City is one to select! They deliver excellent service time after time, have great rooms that feature the Sweet Sleeper Bed one of the best in the hotel business. As a Lifetime Platinum guest with SPG I have come to visit many hotels, and this one is one of my favorites. It really knows how to take care of the road warrior such as myself who looks to get rest, charge up, and get some productive work done while visiting there facility. I really appreciate consistent service with no dissappointments and this property delivers time after time. I highly recommend this full service hotel for the business traveler to Nashville it is sure to please you too!

Room Tip: Request or book an inside courtyard view which offers a quieter room, and provides for a nice view o...
Green Features: They recognize and encourage guests to save water, power etc. Good Corporate leader in this area for sure!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
jmorrissey, General Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
I thank the guest for their feedback regarding their experience at the hotel.

We could not be happier with the level of service extended to you during your stay and we look forward to your return to the hotel the next time your travels bring you through Music City!

Rochester Hills, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

When I travelled to Nashville, I wasn't fully prepared for the amazing service I had at the Sheraton. My room was spectacular, it overlooked the pool which was actually very nice (we were worried about the noise but it wasn't loud at all). We ended up eating at the old hickory grill which was VERY good! The service was awesome - the staff was super attentive and so nice! Anne, one of the staff members suggested we get the salmon... It was so good! We would definitely come back to stay at the Sheraton and would eat at the restaurant again. we can't wait to come back to Nashville!

• Stayed April 2013
jmorrissey, General Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
I thank the guest for their feedback regarding their expereince at the hotel.

It is good to see you enjoyed your time in Nashville and the hotel provided a seamless expereince.

Danbury, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We were lucky to get this hotel for a very reasonable rate. We were pleasantly surprised when we saw what a aesthetically pleasing place it was! Each room had a balcony - ours overlooked the pool and courtyard. I took advantage of both the balcony and terrace. The hotel is near the airport, but it's not a very busy airport, or it didn't seem to be.
The young man at the front desk was very friendly and helpful. We had a car, so we drove into the city, but many people seemed to take advantage of the hotel shuttle and the cabs that were always lined up.
Breakfast was ok, not great. If you order the buffet, they will make you eggs and/or a waffle upon request. That made it much better. They did have. Lovely selection of fruit.
The plaques by the conference rooms told the interesting history of the area.
Would love to go back!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
I thank the guest for their feedback regarding their experience at the hotel.

All hotel rooms have either a balcony or a patio. We are the only hotel in Nashville that has this feature. Thanks for the positive positive comments regardign the desk. We are guest centric and it is good to see this was demonstrated throughout your visit.

My compiments on asking for cook to order items offered on the buffet that did not meet your expectation. We do accomodate these requests frequently.

Lincoln
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

This hotel was not worth the money we paid to stay. It is huge and it takes 20min to find any room in the facility. Tons of walking! Room service apparently goes until 1100pm, but we called at 1040 and no one answered or returned our calls. All the brochures and books in the room were dirty and ripped. Bed was fairly comfortable, but room was super noisy. We could hear airplanes and interstate traffic all night. Not worth the $250 a night we spent here! Very disappointing!! Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed April 2013
jmorrissey, General Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
I thank the guest for their feedback regarding their experience.

Please accept my sincere apologies for a non-responsive room service department. I cannot explain why there was no follow up, but I will address the breakdown.

East Lansing, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for three nights during a conference. The property is nice and hotel staff are friendly, but this hotel isn't near anything but other hotels. The airport is about 10 minutes away but there are no restaurants or stores within a few mile range. That coupled with the fact that the hotel is limited with food choices and does not have any gift store, I was often starving/thirsty (did not have a rental car). The restaurant was just ok and only had a very pricey buffet during lunch hours. As for the room, the room was clean and spacious. The bathroom was clean and average size. The rooms had balconies which was a nice feature. It was about 15 minutes ($16 cab ride) to Opry Mills Mall/Resort area. I was told it was $30 cab ride to downtown Nashville. If I were stay here again, I would consider a rental car to drive to restaurants, stores, etc. The traffic in this area was mild so even the less agressive driver would enjoy driving around.

I thank the guest for their feedback regarding their experience at the hotel.

The hotel is a little closer to attractions within the local area than stated. We do offer shuttle transportation to some restaurants/bars within a very short trip from the hotel.

Big Lake, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

The highlight of this property is the staff who handled our meeting. Unfortunately, the property itself cannot cannot exceed an average rating. The location is not near downtown Nashville, and it would be more appropriate to call it "Sheraton Airport". The grounds give it a scenic photographic quality but reality is you will experience noise throughout this hotel. It may be from the airport, freeway, or other hotel guests in the courtyard. Not a sleep friendly property with out earplugs. This property's location should exclude it from plans unless you are attending a meeting there or need a property near the airport.
For a full service hotel their food service is a joke. Restaurant is consistently understaffed, and the menu lacks any originality or regional flair. They must have a cook, not a chef.
Rooms are adequate but not exceptional. Like I said, average.

Room Tip: Bring earplugs.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
jmorrissey, General Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, April 17, 2013
I thank the guest for their feedback and comments regarding their stay.

It is good to hear positive comments about the staff. We do take exceptional pride in our service delivery and care of our guests.

The hotel is approximately seven to eight (7-8) minutes from downtown and several minutes from the airport. We are a convention hotel located in a corporate office park.

My sincere apologies for the lack of service in the restaurant. This is the exception, not the rule. I ask the guest to please contact me regarding some type of compensation for the inconvenience.

Jim Morrissey

Been to Sheraton Music City Hotel? Share your experiences!