“Hotel and Staff - Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Ranked #34 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Garrettsville, Ohio
“Hotel and Staff - Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Beautiful Hotel, very kind and attentive staff. The lounge was so comfortable and relaxing, a great place to have a drink and chat with people. The restaurant was fantastic too, the food and servers were Outstanding. I loved the beds and pillows,, I wish I knew what kind of mattress and pillows they used, I want them for my home. The only thing I would have liked was an extremely detailed map from the hotel, to all the popular places to go, that didn't require a magnifying glass to read, lol. Including roads to get to places without hitting the freeways, they are a bit crazy for me. I did find a wonderful back road to get into Nashville, Broadway st.. Take McGavock Pike (north I think), make a left on Lebanon Pike, which eventually turns into Hermitage Ave. which takes you right to Broadway in Nashville. Its about a 10 to 20 minute drive, but much nicer than insane freeway. And be careful, your GPS will send you to a McGavock (Street) in downtown Nashville. Our GPS screwed up often around town...Back to the hotel review, Wonderful, Wonderful, I loved it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (191)
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I chose this hotel kind of at random through Kayak's advertised $75/night. What a nice hotel. I had a single room with a King bed. The room was huge! Clean, quiet and nice. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and the linens were very nice. Best of all, the room had a little balcony that overlooked the pool. It was March so no one was swimming, but was so wonderful to open the doorwall and get some fresh air in a hotel room! Everyone was very friendly and the parking was free. You don't get breakfast, and you have to pay for WiFi, but I was okay to be offline for a couple of days. Bring a MiFi with you if you need to get online. I made the mistake of "upgrading" and booked one night at the Gaylord Opryland Resort which was a total nightmare, and I longed to be back at the Sheraton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jonesboro, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had a hard time figuring out where to stay in Nashville but I chose this hotel randomly. It was in a great location. It is not far from downtown or Opry Mills. We stayed two nights and went to the Convention downtown to the Full Moon Tattoo and Horror Festival. The room was $75 a night before taxes. We didn't have to pay to park. Our wifi was free despite what the hotel website said. There are no microwaves or refridgerators in the rooms only in the suites. I am sure you can request one for a fee. These rooms were some of the nicest I have stayed in. Our room was very clean. We had trouble getting into the room one night. I called down to the service desk and was feeling ill. They said they would send maintenance up. A housekeeper walked past and offered to help. She got the door open. The front desk called and asked if I was ok. The lady asked me several questions to ensure that I didn't need assistance which I thought was above and beyond what you usually encounter at hotels. The maintanence guy showed up and demonstrated how I was pulling the door too fast after sliding the key card. We didn't have any trouble after that. The toiletries were above average. The beds were memory foam or sleep number. They were very comfortable. We could hear the airplanes flying over. If that noise is bothersome, I would suggest bringing your own fan to block out the sound. It is very near the airport but higher quality than what you typically encounter in hotels near airports. Our towels were nice and thick. My only complaint would be that the toilet seat in room 3037 needs to be replaced because it is stained. If you have trouble climbing steps, let them know because on the backside of the hotel, you have to go up 6 steps then through some doors to get to the elevators.The tv channels were good too.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor. We past many people with dogs on the first floor so I assume that i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
jmorrissey, General Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I thank the guest for their feedback and comments regarding their stay at SMC.

We are a very nice hotel, I agree! Thank you, again, for your feedback and we will change the toilet seat in 3037!

Jim Morrissey
Hixson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

After spending our first night ( March 26th) at another hotel, my wife and I checked into the Sheraton Music City Hotel on March 27th for two nights. This was our second stay at the Sheraton Music City. We stayed here maybe two years ago.We loved it then and we still love it. Nothing but class from check in to check out. The lobby is absolutely beautiful! The room was large and comfortable. I was a bit dissapointed that wi-fi had a charge of $9.99 per day.But we got an excellent rate for our two nights so I really have no complaints.If you are in Nashville check it out, it's well worth your time.

Room Tip: Excellent location, away from the traffic, but still easy access to the interstate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights with my family. The room rates were so good that we got two rooms so that we could sleep our daughters in a connecting room. The rooms were clean albeit a bit basic and a bit worn. Our tub didn't drain so showers usually ended with ankle-deep water. We used the indoor pool, which was great for our kids, but it was over chlorinated. It was a good choice for us for this trip although next time we might consider the Sheraton downtown so that we can be closer to more activity.

• Stayed March 2013
Linden MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Can't go wrong here, very soft bed, the room is clean and very nice. The hotel does not give you a free breakfast but you get a menu in the room to order breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You also have to pay for the internet if you want to use it in the room but it's free in the lobby. This hotel has a lot of amenities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fareham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Ideally located for those flying in and just off the I40 for those driving and frankly 4 miles to Nashville centre is not an excessive distance. The rooms were huge and we had a great view of the outdoor pool and nice balcony seating. Lobby was spacious and he staff were extremely friendly. We had a dog with us and hat was not a problem at all with plenty of grassy areas surrounding to hotel for walks. All this for $100 a night, very happy. Only issue $9 for wifi why do hotels like Sheraton charge and La Quinta offer it for free?

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I thank the guest for their response.

We are a good deal..... thank you.... I think we are a great deal, but my name isn't Monty Hall and the hotel is nowhere near let's make a deal!

The hotel charges wifi because the competitve market does. Not an excuse, just the truth. We also chage for wifi becasue the hotel recently upgraded its service and each guestroom allows connectivity of up to four wireless devices through the hotel. Meaning, you can leave your room and not have to connect in the lobby because you are not in your room and ou of range. A litlle issue that is a lot of hassle, but not here!

Jim Morrissey

Been to Sheraton Music City Hotel? Share your experiences!