“Pleasant surprise” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“Pleasant surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I chose this hotel kind of at random through Kayak's advertised $75/night. What a nice hotel. I had a single room with a King bed. The room was huge! Clean, quiet and nice. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, and the linens were very nice. Best of all, the room had a little balcony that overlooked the pool. It was March so no one was swimming, but was so wonderful to open the doorwall and get some fresh air in a hotel room! Everyone was very friendly and the parking was free. You don't get breakfast, and you have to pay for WiFi, but I was okay to be offline for a couple of days. Bring a MiFi with you if you need to get online. I made the mistake of "upgrading" and booked one night at the Gaylord Opryland Resort which was a total nightmare, and I longed to be back at the Sheraton.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

755 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Jonesboro, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I had a hard time figuring out where to stay in Nashville but I chose this hotel randomly. It was in a great location. It is not far from downtown or Opry Mills. We stayed two nights and went to the Convention downtown to the Full Moon Tattoo and Horror Festival. The room was $75 a night before taxes. We didn't have to pay to park. Our wifi was free despite what the hotel website said. There are no microwaves or refridgerators in the rooms only in the suites. I am sure you can request one for a fee. These rooms were some of the nicest I have stayed in. Our room was very clean. We had trouble getting into the room one night. I called down to the service desk and was feeling ill. They said they would send maintenance up. A housekeeper walked past and offered to help. She got the door open. The front desk called and asked if I was ok. The lady asked me several questions to ensure that I didn't need assistance which I thought was above and beyond what you usually encounter at hotels. The maintanence guy showed up and demonstrated how I was pulling the door too fast after sliding the key card. We didn't have any trouble after that. The toiletries were above average. The beds were memory foam or sleep number. They were very comfortable. We could hear the airplanes flying over. If that noise is bothersome, I would suggest bringing your own fan to block out the sound. It is very near the airport but higher quality than what you typically encounter in hotels near airports. Our towels were nice and thick. My only complaint would be that the toilet seat in room 3037 needs to be replaced because it is stained. If you have trouble climbing steps, let them know because on the backside of the hotel, you have to go up 6 steps then through some doors to get to the elevators.The tv channels were good too.

Room Tip: Our room was on the third floor. We past many people with dogs on the first floor so I assume that i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
jmorrissey, General Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, April 3, 2013
I thank the guest for their feedback and comments regarding their stay at SMC.

We are a very nice hotel, I agree! Thank you, again, for your feedback and we will change the toilet seat in 3037!

Jim Morrissey
Hixson, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

After spending our first night ( March 26th) at another hotel, my wife and I checked into the Sheraton Music City Hotel on March 27th for two nights. This was our second stay at the Sheraton Music City. We stayed here maybe two years ago.We loved it then and we still love it. Nothing but class from check in to check out. The lobby is absolutely beautiful! The room was large and comfortable. I was a bit dissapointed that wi-fi had a charge of $9.99 per day.But we got an excellent rate for our two nights so I really have no complaints.If you are in Nashville check it out, it's well worth your time.

Room Tip: Excellent location, away from the traffic, but still easy access to the interstate.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights with my family. The room rates were so good that we got two rooms so that we could sleep our daughters in a connecting room. The rooms were clean albeit a bit basic and a bit worn. Our tub didn't drain so showers usually ended with ankle-deep water. We used the indoor pool, which was great for our kids, but it was over chlorinated. It was a good choice for us for this trip although next time we might consider the Sheraton downtown so that we can be closer to more activity.

• Stayed March 2013
Linden MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Can't go wrong here, very soft bed, the room is clean and very nice. The hotel does not give you a free breakfast but you get a menu in the room to order breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You also have to pay for the internet if you want to use it in the room but it's free in the lobby. This hotel has a lot of amenities.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Fareham
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

Ideally located for those flying in and just off the I40 for those driving and frankly 4 miles to Nashville centre is not an excessive distance. The rooms were huge and we had a great view of the outdoor pool and nice balcony seating. Lobby was spacious and he staff were extremely friendly. We had a dog with us and hat was not a problem at all with plenty of grassy areas surrounding to hotel for walks. All this for $100 a night, very happy. Only issue $9 for wifi why do hotels like Sheraton charge and La Quinta offer it for free?

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
I thank the guest for their response.

We are a good deal..... thank you.... I think we are a great deal, but my name isn't Monty Hall and the hotel is nowhere near let's make a deal!

The hotel charges wifi because the competitve market does. Not an excuse, just the truth. We also chage for wifi becasue the hotel recently upgraded its service and each guestroom allows connectivity of up to four wireless devices through the hotel. Meaning, you can leave your room and not have to connect in the lobby because you are not in your room and ou of range. A litlle issue that is a lot of hassle, but not here!

Jim Morrissey
Chattanooga, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We stayed in the Sheraton on a weekend trip to Nashville and overall had a very nice stay. The hotel is itself quite pretty and the lobby is beautiful. There is a nice courtyard and large pool. The room was spacious with a large flat screen tv and desk, and a balcony. The hotel was perhaps a bit older (bedspread a bit worn, etc), but overall nice. One thing that was problematic was that it didn't seem the toilet had been cleaned before our arrival--there was a dried stain on the seat. But that was the only problem during our stay.

It was great to have free parking, and though we didn't take advantage of it, the hotel does have a free airport shuttle as well. I wish they had free wifi in the rooms, although it isn't uncommon for a hotel of this sort to charge for it.

The location of the hotel is very convenient to downtown Nashville by car, perhaps only a 10 minute drive or so. It is near the airport but we didn't get any airport noise. We got a good deal online, and I would stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Sheraton Music City Hotel? Share your experiences!