“Poor location and service” 2 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Ranked #32 of 150 hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Poor location and service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

My team stayed at the Sheraton Music City for a small conference. We found the staff very unhelpful. One member of our party was charged $50 more a night for no reason. They would not change the price when comparing the two prices. One member of the party was put in an 'extra' room with a Murphy bed and no windows. Staff did accommodate a room change after a complaint. The chef misunderstood directions for a product presentation, but quickly fixed it.
The location was close to the airport but about a twenty minute cab ride into city center and other attractions (Gaylord, Grand Ole Oprey).
The restaurant and room service kept odd hours and there was nothing to do within walking distance.
The rooms were clean and the concierge was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Do not pick a first floor room
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
jmorrissey, General Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I thank the guest for their feedback and candid remarks.

This guest was part of the IFEC group. The Executive Director of IFEC, upon conclusion of the event, stated the convention was their most successful. This was a convention food show that literally had too many chefs in the kitchen, no pun intended. All participants were responsible for ordering their own food.

Group rates are extended for only a certain amount of time. A guest can be part of the group but book a higher rate because the group block sold out. Hence, book your room as soon as possible if you are a group convention attendee!

Every room in the hotel has windows and the hours of the restaurant and room service are 6:30 a.m. to 11 p.m. daily. I am not sure if the guest expected 24 hour food and beverage service but we do offer after hours alternatives through the registration desk and would have made a few calls for pizza delivery, etc.

I ask the guest to contact me regarding any more details they would like to share. We are a guest-centric hotel and I would appreciate the opportunity for a conversation.

769 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (177)
little rock, arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Wonderful place to stay off the beaten path but still close to everything. Centrally located, beautiful rooms, lobby, surroundings. The staff was great, giving tips for transportation and sightseeing. Great breakfast!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
jmorrissey, General Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
We like to think we are a great place to stay also!

Thank you for your kind words and we appreciate you taking the time to let us know about it!

Crown Point, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012 via mobile

The rooms were clean. I liked the HD TV's. The woman at the front desk (her last name was Stotts I think) was very nice.

However, the beds were small. The walls must be thin because you could hear every peep around. I was hoping we could get an early check-in but couldn't. I wish it was closer to the city though.

Overall it was decent.

• Stayed November 2012
I thank the guest for their time providing their feedback about the hotel.

Yes, Keri is great at what she does and the hotel is very fortunate she is part of the team!

San Diego, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

This hotel is exceptionally clean. The room was spotless. I did see a room service tray in the hall for over 6 hours. I attended a conference and usually the food is the same rubber chicken, but here they had quite a selection and the food was good. The gym was also very clean and had great equipment. I was disappointed that the whirlpool was not available for use during my stay, it was drained. Great shuttle service to and from the airport.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
jmorrissey, General Manager at Sheraton Music City Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2012
Well, I can say with certainty we do not serve "rubber" chicken or the same old "chicken with brown sauce". One our strengths is our banquet and catering food and beverage. I honestly believe we have the best product in Nashville.

Thank you for your comments. It is very much appreciated. Our whirlpool was under maintenance during your stay but I hope the fitness center made up for it. It has recently been renovated and is the brand standard Sheraton Fitness Center by Core Performance. This is another advantage we have versus our competitors.

Bloomington, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

Booked through Hotwire for discounted fee. Probably would not pay full price. Very nice rooms and amenities. Restaurant slow, food just ok. By airport and has shuttle available. Taxi stand at hotel if wanting to go elsewhere

• Stayed September 2012
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the guest for their feedback and welcome them to contact me regarding the slow service in the restaurant. I understand "slow" but I am interested if there were other issues during the dining experience we can improve upon.

Brookings, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We stayed four days for a Marine Corps re-union. The facility and staff performed superbly. Location is great. Plenty of free parking and is close to all the attractions. If close, stay a night. The facility is very huge. There may have been at least three other meetings or re-unions going on at the same time, but none interfered with the other.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
I would like to thank the guest for their feedback and kind words about the hotel and welcome them to return any time.

Columbus, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have just recently started a new job that required to me to travel to Nashville for a week long training session. I have not stayed in the Starwood Family of hotels prior to this trip. I am glad I did because this hotel did everything right!

Before booking, I made sure to register as a Preferred Guest in the loyalty program. I booked the hotel through my company's travel portal and left the very next morning. Upon arrival, I saw that hte hotel was extremely busy. There was a conference coming in and the lobby was bustling! Kelsey, the young lady who checked me in mentioned to me the room I had originally requested had two queens instead of a king. Let me say that I realize that my company uses a bargaining agreement to come to terms with hotel rooms and that I am not entitled to anything in this life! I politely asked Kelsey if there was anything I could do to request a king size and after working very hard to find me an occupied room, she was able to honor my request. It was not expected, I did not demand it but she gave it to me out of the kindness of her heart! I had my wife traveling with me and it feels so luxurious to sleep in a king size bed when we travel. It helps us feel so refreshed when we are so busy running around an unfamiliar town. Thank you, Kelsey!

We went to our room and were amazed at how clean and fresh it appeared to be. Everything appeared to be modern and fresh. We unpacked and Kelsey gave us a very helpful guide of local restaurants to try while we were visiting. It was Sunday evening and we wanted a quiet but nice dinner.

The hotel itself has a beautiful “wow!” factor when you walk in. There is a very nice lobby, complete with a lively fountain. The Microsoft station is very cool and makes a great place to check reviews for local establishments before you head out the door. The employees are very friendly and appear very professional.

The club room for premier members does an excellent job of stocking it with goodies and offering snacks that were different each day we stayed there (checked in on Sunday, left on Friday). The attendants were very pleasant.

On one day during my stay, I had returned to the hotel for lunch to take my wife out for a quick meal. As we walked back to my car, it would not start! It seemed like a dead battery. I asked my wife to go to the front desk to see if they had any cables or anything and a very kind man named Larry stopped by and gave us a hand. I think he said he was in maintenance. He had a socket wrench and tightened the cables on our battery (which was just recently replaced) and I was able to return to my meeting for the second half of the day and to do so ON TIME. My goodness, I would never expect a hotel to help me out like that. I didn’t have much cash on me and I tried to tip Larry. He politely declined several times, I hope that man is rewarded in someway for his great service. I plan on passing this on with management as well. He needs rewarded!
On one of the days I was returning to the hotel from a long day of work, I must have stepped on something in the lobby area. I did not notice it all but it appeared to be some kind of Halloween make up or lipstick or something. I stupidly tracked orange/red chalky substance from by the hotel door entrance all the way to my room. I called the front desk after trying to clean up what I noticed in our room. I am colorblind and did not see the orange/red in our hotel room carpet but my wife was very quick to point it out. I was apologetic and they said an apology was not necessary, that they were apologetic for not cleaning it before I stepped into whatever it was. Not only did they do that, but they cleaned my shoes for me free of charge. Wow!!! Another show stopper. The cleaning attendant said they would clean the whole carpet in our room after we left after doing an excellent job of spot cleaning to accommodate our stay.
I did not have a chance to dine in either restaurant in the hotel but my wife had lunch there one afternoon. She ordered a chicken panini style sandwich and said it was one of the best she has ever had! I wish I had an opportunity to try it. Maybe next time!
Check out was a breeze. I walked up, was given a copy of my receipt for my records and sent on my way with a very warm goodbye. If I come back to Nashville, I will make it a PRIORITY to stay with this hotel again.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is mostly Priority Club Members, Face Courtyard for prettier view
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your detailed review of the hotel and service!

I look forward to your return visit. Please stop by the Executive Offices and give me the opportunity to meet you.

Jim Morrissey

Been to Sheraton Music City Hotel? Share your experiences!