“Nice Hotel For Conerences” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Ranked #35 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
tennessee
“Nice Hotel For Conerences”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

Nice hotel for conferences. Banquet food was above average and reception food was quite good and well replenished. Elevators slow and really not sufficient for a hotel of this size. Room was comfortable, but bathroom vanity was cracked and a large hunk broken off. Toilet felt like it was not attached to the floor. It rocked when sitting down. It also did not flush well. There was some road noise but it did not bother me too much. The Internet fee was also a disappointment. Advise warm clothing for conference rooms. It was extremely cold. A few minor changes and this would be a truly great hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

It is so hard for me to find a nice hotel for my dog. There are so few pet friendly hotels period, much less for large dogs. Aside from one woman with a kid complaining about me walking my dog well away from her and her precious little child but not far away enough for her, I had a great time here! Hey lady, next time, if you insist on not liking dogs, stay at a non-pet friendly hotel! There are plenty; they outnumber the pet-friendly hotels. It is your responsibility to make sure the hotel is pet friendly or not. Don't spoil someone else's fun just because you did not do your research. Nice balcony, good grounds for walking your dog, clean and friendly. The fact that they take large dogs is the very reason I booked here. I'd definitely return!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Glasgow, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

My family and I have stayed at this particular hotel ten times in the last year. Service is excellent andy my daughter loves the outdoor pool. Some of the rooms are a tad worn, but the wonderful staff more than makes up for that. We love the balcony or patio that each room has. Indoor pool and hot tub are also nice, but can get a little crowded on the weekend. Their breakfast at the restaurant is fanastic, but if you desire something less expensive, Waffle House is very close by.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Murrieta, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed 2 nights at this hotel in June. There are 6 in our family, so we had to book 2 rooms to accomodate us all. We purchased the rooms thru an online travel site (find out which hotel you got, after you book)

I did have a concern that it was a pet friendly hotel, because I'm not much of an animal lover. I saw 1 small dog on the elevator with its owners and from out of my window, I saw a gentleman outside, walking a large dog. Other than those 2 sightings, there was no other "evidence" of pets, so I was ok with that.

The hotel itself was nice, clean. The rooms don't come with refrigerators or microwaves, but refrigerators are available if you ask for one. I honestly don't remember if there was a charge.

During our trip to Nashville the weather was quite hot. Our a/c worked beautifully in the daytime, when it was hottest out side. But at night, both our room and our kids room were pretty uncomfortable in the heat. Not sweltering hot, but it just didn't make for a comfortable sleep. I don't know if the hotel has a default setting or what, but the rooms were not nearly as cool at night, as they were in the daytime.

I think the only thing that bugged me was that the hotel had free breakfast, but that was dependent on your room rate and certainly not for the people who booked their rooms from another website, but, that wasn't a deal breaker. The money we saved booking where we booked, was more than enough for us to pay for breakfast elsewhere and have change left over.

I would stay here again, although, next time around, I would probably like to stay somewhere closer to downtown.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Cookeville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

This past weekend, we decided to visit Nashville & stay two night for Tennessee "tax free" weekend. I have not stayed at the Sheraton Music City Hotel in about four or five year, but used to with a different job stay there frequency. Kelsey greeted us at check-in & was very nice & helpful. She gladly showed us the type of room we would receive & also helped us save per night with rewards plan that I had forgot I was a memeber of! We loved the spacous rooms & the all night indoor pool was a hit with my six year old. We had some AC isssues, but the hotel staff worked to resove issue & when it became nessary for us to move rooms, the staff moved "all" of our stuff to the new room & to our plesant suprise, a very spacious suite!
We will "always" stay at this hotel when we are in the Nashville area, it is full of southern charm & the staff are the best!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Clearwater, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

I have to say this hotel has the best in staff, food and accommodations. I was at a conference there recently and the entire team did a fantastic job on all aspects. I highly recommend having an event there or just staying there for a vacation. You will not be disappointed, at least I wasn’t.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Hilton Head Island, SC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

Hotel staff nice and efficient. room clean and upgraded. Pool enjoyable. We did not eat here, because I thought the breakfast prices were a little high. Over all we were pleasantly pleased with our stay here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple