“Nice Hotel Near Airport” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Ranked #34 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Los Angeles, CA
“Nice Hotel Near Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2008

I booked this hotel based on good reviews on this site, and also got a good rate that included room service breakfast and late checkout. We stayed for three nights right after Christmas.

The front desk staff were always understaffed and poorly trained. There were problems with the breakfast coupons. The woman checking us in didn't have the correct ones and we had to wait until she could find the right ones. (More about that later.) The first room we were assigned had wet paint signs and clearly smelled of fresh paint. When dragging our bags back to the elevator to have our room reassigned, we found another couple who were given another wet paint room. There obviously was no communication between the maintenance staff and the front desk because they were assigning rooms to people checking in that were freshly painted. We were then assigned a new room. When we got to the second room neither key worked. Luckily, there was a bellman who let us into our room. That room had two double beds. My confirmation was for one king bed. This time my husband waited while I went back down to the front desk for a third time. Turned out the person who had assigned us the second room had transposed the room number. Finally the third one was the room we had requested but it took a solid half hour back and forth waiting at the front desk and going up and down in the elevators to finally secure our third and satisfactory room.

The room itself was very large, had free, but slow Internet access, a comfortable bed but only one sheet. I personally prefer two sheets, covering both sides of the blanket.

On the first morning we ordered breakfast and it came more quickly than expected and was very good. The only problem was that when I gave the room service person the coupon he insisted that I should have been given two, one for each breakfast. I was only given one for each day. Apparently all of that waiting for the correct coupons still was not without problems. He ended up taking the one coupon and said he'd straighten it out with his supervisor. We were in a rush to get out the second day and didn't get breakfast, so on the third day when we had room service I presented both coupons that I had left and the room service person was satisfied with that. The second breakfast also came more quickly than anticipated and was hot and very good.

Upon checking out there was a problem with a gift card I was using to pay for part of the bill. There were only two people at the front desk and the woman helping me repeatedly requested the gentleman next to her for help and he ignored her. She was finally able to resolve the problem but with no assistance from her co-worker.

To sum up, the room, once we got to the third one, was good. The location near the airport and freeways was convenient. The room service staff were extremely efficient. The bell staff were consistently pleasant and professional. The front desk was severely lacking in not only short staffing, but also proper training. With better management, the problems experienced at the front desk could easily be remedied. The rest of the staff made up for their incompetence. I would consider staying here again if I wanted to be close to the airport and if the rate was reasonable.

• Liked — The room service and bell staff were above average.
  • Disliked — The front desk staff were below average.
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Huntsville, AL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2007

Beautiful lobby decorated for the holiday season but the room left a lot to be desired. The towels were worn and hard, the room dusty and there was hair in the bathroom sink. My room rate was a steal at $129 and included late check out and breakfast, so possibly I received the raunchiest room in the place...

Won't stay here again.

• Liked — My rate
  • Disliked — The room
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Dallas, TX
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2007

Upon arrival, the front desk staff was not friendly at all. When we got to our room, the carpet was extremely dirty and the bathroom sink actually had mold in it. We had to use the pull out sofa and when I opened it up, there were actually someone's used sheets and blanket in there. I had our car valet parked while we were there for 3 days but each time I came back or left the hotel, I actually had to find the valet or leave my keys at the front desk. Our room faced the courtyard of the hotel and it looked like it hadn't been taken care of in a year. I will not ever stay here again.

Stayed November 2007
Los Angeles, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2007

My stay at the Sheraton Music City hotel was great. The lobby is beautiful and my room was spacious...probably the biggest hotel room in which I've ever stayed. The bed was HUGE and comfy even though I had them remove the feathers since I'm allergic to down.

The only downside was a small one. My room was a bit close to the freeway, so occasionally I'd wake to the sound of a car horn or similar, but it wasn't too bad. If you're a light sleeper, I'd recommend asking for a room that faces inside the hotel area.

Service was great...I ordered room service twice. The first time I ordered a green salad and was surprised to find meat on it. But once I explained that I'm a vegetarian, they sent me one sans meat. :)

The meeting facilities were also nice, albeit a bit chilly.

So all in all it was a great trip.

• Liked — Spacious room, comfy bed.
  • Disliked — Some traffic noise.
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2007

We stayed one night at the Sheraton Music City July 13, 2007. Our experience was the best hotel experience ever. We had to change our arrival date three times; the reservations staff was extremely polite and helpful each time.

We were traveling with our dog for the first time and were pleased to find the hotel so pet friendly. They did not charge extra as long as no damages were done by the pet. We felt that they truly wanted people to stay at their hotel with their furry friends!

When we arrived, they had no more rooms for the type we had requested and were immediately upgraded to a suite. The room was spotless and extremely comfortable. After a long day's travel, we were too tired to go anywhere to eat, so decided on room service. The food was very good and delivered within 30 minutes. We normally share a meal at a restaurant and although we were a little hesitant to share with room service, we decided to try it. There was plenty of food for each of us.

We also had room service for breakfast. There was a slight mixup on pricing -- the breakfast door hangar did not get picked up (hence, a slightly higher cost) and we were charged the room service fee twice. We paid cash for breakfast. When we were asked how our stay was during checkout, we just mentioned it, and were immediately credited the amount of our evening meal as compensation for the error.

Our stay was during a Chet Atkins festival and even though the hotel was packed and extremely busy, our room was so quiet it seemed like a retreat.

We also stayed at this hotel on our trip back home on August 18, 2007. We had requested a king-size bed, but were placed in a room with 2 double beds. I decided to see if our room could be changed and was told that the king-size room was not noted on our reservation, but if we were willing to wait for about 1/2 hour, they would be able to move us. We were allowed to stay in the original room until the king room was ready. Obviously, the room was not as nice as the suite, but it was very comfortable.

We would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone, especially those traveling with their pet.

• Liked — Comfortable rooms, attentive staff, plenty of free parking
  • Disliked — Nothing bad to say about property
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2007

I just stayed overnight at the Sheraton Music City. Not bad at all - right next to the airport, and very convenient to all the highways and only about 10 mins from the Opryland area. I do enjoy Platinum status so I got a fantastic room, but in general the hotel staff seemed friendly and the common areas very clean. I would stay here again.

Stayed September 2007
Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2007

My five friends and I were recently guests at this hotel. It was beautifully decorated and landscaped hotel! For the most part everything was as expected, but the service was far from excellent.

There was very little ice in the ice machine on our arrival.

When finding no caffeinated coffee only decaf upon awaking and preparing to attend a conference I called the front desk and was told I could come down to the desk and get a package. When I mentioned that I was not dressed and that wasn't really an option I was told that they would try to send some up in awhile. 45 minutes later when I left it had still not arrived.

My friends had a similar experience in the restaurant and were never waited on. They finally just got the buffet, but were equally disappointed with the lack of service.

One other side comment is that for the price you pay for your room you certainly could think they could afford to throw in free water instead of charging $3 a bottle.

I would hesitate before making another reservation there or recommending it to someone else.

• Liked — Beds were comfortable
  • Disliked — Service
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Sheraton Music City Hotel? Share your experiences!