“Skip it...not of Sheraton quality once inside” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   777 McGavock Pike, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Ranked #30 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Asheville, North Carolina
“Skip it...not of Sheraton quality once inside”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

Bad greeting....can I get a bellcart? Not unless there's one by the door. Sorry...Sour greeting and then...thin walls. A family out on patio until late. Had my dog because they said they could accommodate and then acted as if it were a bother. I expect more from this level of hotel! Good location if you need to be by the airport. Better to be at the downtown location if you want to see anything beside Opryland. Clean, though. Just don't expect nice folks or courtesy and then you'll be fine.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I brought my team to this location for a conference that was taking place at Opryland Resort. In general, we prefer to stay away from the conference site for privacy and sanity reasons. The hotel is great. The rooms are spacious and service very,very friendly.
The club lounge was okay--the evening snacks seemed better than what was put out in the morning.
I'd stay here again for sure.

By the way, although--on a map--it looks like the hotel is right next to the airport, once you're at the hotel, you don't realize that you're near it. I heard only 2 planes fly by in 5 days.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2011

I booked this on Hotwire and was very pleased. Hotel has a nice pool in the center courtyard and all the rooms have a balcony. It's set back from the road so when you drive into the property it's sort of like driving up to an estate. The rooms are very comfy, and the staff is friendly. Even housekeeping smiles and says good morning in the hall. There's a nice bar area and the bartender was quite friendly. Have a Honey Jack and Ginger Ale, quite tasty! It's a short drive to Grand Ole Opry. There's a Waffle House around the corner (one of husband's favorite dives for smothered hash browns). Convenient to many Nashville fun spots and historical sites. Honky Tonk Row for a fun night of music is a must-do. It's clean, friendly, and convenient - nice place to stay.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2011

Needs a little TLC. Grounds are pretty, halls and rooms need a little TLC. Beds were OK not the best not the worst. They do allow dogs which was very nice however they advertise the dog beds, bowls etc and I was never offered them on my stay either direction thru Nashville. Had room service and the burger was a burger minus everything I asked to have on it so that was not OK esp. the prices you pay for room service.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Joliet, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

friendly to talk with staff but that was about it, room was dirty even had empty beer and champagne bottles under the bar sink. stayed on first floor which had several steps up to get to but the staff simlpy watched us walk by pulling a luggage rack past them only to find out we had to walk all around the hotel the other way just to find the ramp to get ot our room they could have at least tell us that. We reserved for 2 cildren on the sleeper sofa but had no linens for this and only 2 towels for 4 people. pool did not have any clean towels either,

Room Tip: called concierge from room phone it went to voice mail instead of front desk, dirty spotty carpeting...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Atlanta, GA USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2011

Just got here. I 'm sitting here at the pool. The tables are sticky, towels have not been picked up, and this dude is smoking this big stinky cigar not caring who it might be bothering. We contacted the manager. The manager might show up and ask him to take his smoke somewhere else. But after 20 minutes, no manager.

I came here to celebrate my birthday with my family. This along with a dirty tray with leftover food at my daughter's door, so far, not a great choice.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Minneapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

The past few trips to Nashville I have stayed at Opryland which is obviously quite a bit different than this Sheraton. I liked this property becuase of the free shuttle service to and from the aiport. It had the best staff and the grounds and building itself are so grand looking. It is impressive.

I ate in the restaurant and found it to be very good.

The one thing that I found to dissapoint me was the cleanliness of my hotel room. I found several dried up dead bugs behind the chair (when I was plugging in my cell phone charger). I also thought that the hotel provided hairdryer was very gross, it was sticky and appeared to be quite old. I asked for a replacemetn and received it, which was much better.

I would stay here again depending on my reasons for traveling to Nashville. It is a bit of a drive to downtown Nashville, so if I was planning to spend more time there I might stay closer.

Overall I enjoyed the Sheraton Music City Hotel.

I forgot to mention that the bed is the most comortable hotel bed I have ever stayed in. AMAZING.

Room Tip: Near the elevators
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Been to Sheraton Music City Hotel? Share your experiences!