“Pleasantly surprised by the Doubletree downtown” 4 of 5 stars

Book and Save up to 20%
Ranked #46 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Peoria, Illinois
“Pleasantly surprised by the Doubletree downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2011

I'll admit that I wasn't terribly excited when I heard I'd be staying at the Doubletree, mainly due to it's location. However, the hotel surprised me, and the walk downtown was easier than I expected - in fact it's really easy. You're close to the pizza place in the arcade, which was a plus. Our room was clean (with free wi-fi) and comfortable. We ate breakfast and a couple of meals at the bar, and the service and friendliness impressed my coworker from Kansas - as a Tennessean I wasn't surprised. The food was good as well. I haven't stayed at alot of downtown hotels, but I'd recommend the Doubletree. Save your $200 from the Hilton Suites, stay here and go to Morton's with your savings.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled on business
SteveBo14, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, January 5, 2011
Bedub247, thank you for your kind comments regarding your December stay in Nashville. We think we have a great location being one block from the capitol and a short walk to the entertainment district, 2nd and Broadway. Also, Morton’s and Puckett’s is only a couple of blocks from the hotel. Of course, we always have a shuttle service available to service the downtown area.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Houston, TX
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2011

We stayed here over New Years Eve. The hotel was predictably noisy with the late night party scene returning all night. Unfortunately, they didn't return quietly. Lot's of whooping, etc. Since it was New Years, it wasn't unexpected.

The lobby is nice. The service is friendly and efficient. The rooms are very small, almost cramped feeling. I wondered if ours was particularly small or if was the standard size. For three people, the room was way too small to be comfortable. The bathroom was small as well. Some of the furniture was showing some wear, but not too bad. Room service was surprisingly reasonably priced, which was nice. The location is good. However, there are a lot of other options in the immediate vicinity with a location equally as good.

I don't think this would be my first choice for a place to stay downtown. I think the nearby Courtyard is a little nicer and the location a little better. However, if I could get a good deal at the Doubletree I would return, although I wouldn't put three people in a room again.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
SteveBo14, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, January 3, 2011
Dear Another Houstonian:

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay on NYE. We our very proud of our hotel, especially of our staff and service. Hopefully, we will have the opportunity to have you as a guest again in the near future.

Happy New Year!
Harvest, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2010

I stayed at the Doubletree in Downtown Nashville this past weekend when I surprised my wife and took her to see the Garth Brooks concert just down the street. The Doubletree had the best rates for a nice downtown hotel, and I had really enjoyed my stay there just around a year and a half ago when I was in town for another concert.

Unfortunately, I have to report that things have started to go south for this hotel. The first thing I noticed was the non-front desk staff. I got the feeling that even the front desk staff thought them to be inefficient, as the lady checking us in even made fun of one of them right in front of us after they were talking with them. One of the housekeeping staff also woke us up at 7AM the next morning by ceaselessly banging on the door, and we were unable to get back to sleep. After staying up late after the concert, this was very much NOT welcome.

Also, the management seems to have made a change in the breakfast accommodations that we didn't care for. When I stayed around a year and a half ago, I booked a package that included breakfast at the buffet in the morning. Then, we were shown to a nice table up front. Now, if you book that package ahead of time, you are shown to a second class "breakfast club" which is in a noticeably less nice area. I really didn't care for being treated like a second-tier guest just because I booked my breakfast in advance. But even though we were shuffled into second-class, the food itself was still great.

Lastly, the pool and the gym isn't as great as I recalled from last time. The indoor pool is pretty nice, but the room temperature of that room is way too cold to actually swim in. One of the maintenance guys cleaning the pool actually put on a coat when he came into the room. I really wanted to go swimming with my wife, and this was a big reason I chose to stay at the Doubletree. But when the temperature inside the pool room wasn't much warmer than it was outside in December, that just wasn't possible. The gym was okay, but their weightlifting equipment could really use some maintenance.

There are still many nice things to be said about this hotel. The location is great and the building and grounds itself are very well kept. The rooms themselves are always very clean and the beds are really comfortable. The wi-fi is halfway decent at around 1MBs, and is (for now) free. The front desk service is also very friendly, and they provide a personal phone number to reach them at if you have any issues. I guess it's just too bad that my issues cropped up after our contact had left for the night.

All in all, I still hesitantly recommend the Doubletree. The pro's outweigh the cons here, although I think next time I am staying in Downtown Nashville I will try a different location.

One last tip: When you book this hotel, do it through Travelocity. When I booked through there, the breakfast buffet was thrown in to my package for no extra charge. That kind of deal may change, so shop around on all the travel sites like it and Orbitz when you book and make sure you get the best deal.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
SteveBo14, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, December 30, 2010
Dear Harvest:

appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay. I apologize for the poor service at the desk. This is inexcusable. As you recall, the temperatures were in the teens. With the glass in the pool area, it is difficult to warm this pool area when it is unseasonably cold outside. The exercise equipment is inspected daily to be sure that it is safe and operable.

It would have been helpful if you would have contacted me during your stay so that I could have spoken with you in person. I assure you that I would do everything possible to resolve your issues.

Thanks you again for your comments.
Thibodaux
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

We loved our stay at the Doubletree Downtown. The hotel had a shuttle which brought us anywhere we wanted in the area for free. Clyde , the driver, was great. He kept us laughing the whole time. He was kind and courteous. They even shuttled us across town (which was further than they normally did) because they were not busy and were able to do so.
Clyde picked us up when we were ready to go "home" to the hotel. There is a Starbucks in the lobby and the restaurant had great late night food. This is a great location to be near the music, nightlife, and restaurants.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Thanks so much for your kind comments Thibodaux! Clyde does a great job as our courtesy van driver. He has impressed many of our clients as noted in several of our Trip Advisor reports.

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Nashville.
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

The Doubletree in downtown Nashville is in a great location for those that may not have a vehicle with them or want to rent one. You can walk to everything in the downtown area. The hotel is clean and furnished nicely. There is a very nice bar/lounge that has live music some evenings. There is also a Starbucks in the lobby which is a big PLUS for those that enjoy coffee. If you get a chance, definitely get outside of downtown - there are several great/trendy restaurants to go to; the Eastland Cafe and City House to name a couple. Also be sure to visit the Frist and the Parthenon (replication of the one in Greece).
The only downside is that you will pay $24/day to have your vehicle parked -

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
SteveBo14, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Thanks for your outstanding comments paradise 58 regarding your recent stay in Nashville. We offer live entertainment in the lounge Tue - Fri from 5:30 PM - 8:00 pm and sometimes on Saturday. Our Starbucks is one of the highest rated stores in Nashville regarding product quality and service.

Hope to see you again soon!
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2010

We orginally were booked into the Gaylord Opryland but our booking agent messed up and didnt tell us it was closed for refurb. After a long call, it was sorted out and booked into the double tree. The only issue is that you must use valet parking to park in hotel but they are friendly and efficient.
From check in service, the hotel was great. The warm cookies are a great touch and to have Starbucks in reception was perfect after a long drive. The room was clean, very comfortable and lots of space.
Walking distance to town centre made it perfect and there is so much choice of food and bars that we were spoilt for choice. Even if you dont like country music before going to Nashville, you cant help but enjoy all the live music in downtown Nashville, great music.
Must recommed Red's classic barber shop for a great shave, just round corner from hotel and does a real cut throat shave - have asked trip advisor to allow me to type review for them as it is amazing.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
SteveBo14, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, November 20, 2010
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Doubletree Hotel Nashville Downtown. We have an outstanding hotel with excellent team members dedicated to quality service.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2010

Went to Nashville on a business trip. Found the location to be fairly good. The rooms were nice but a bit small for the money. The chair in the room was quite comfortable. Found the t.v. to be difficult to work - not sure why. The in-room coffee was actually very good. The staff was friendly and there's a Starbuck's in the lobby. Felt the check-in took a bit longer than it should have; however, check-out could not have been any quicker. Valet parking was $24.00 per day. Very clean. For a nice lunch or dinner - try the restaurant in the Hermitage Hotel. Enjoy!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
SteveBo14, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, November 18, 2010
We very much appereciate your comments. We look forward t o seeing you again.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown? Share your experiences!