“I would stay again” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Roswell, Georgia
“I would stay again”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

This hotel is about 3 blocks from the two main drags where all the action is in Nashville (Broadway and 2nd ave), so walkable location, they also have nice van drivers that can drive you and pick you up if it is too hot to walk 3 blocks, which in June in Nashville it sometimes is! Staff was all friendly and helpful, plenty of services to take care of all our needs, we had a Jr. Suite which was quite large with lots of windows, so that was nice, clean enough although starting to show some signs of wear. Decent price, not cheap, but this is a full service hotel right in the city, so to be expected. I'm pretty fussy about hotels and I would stay here again when in Nashville, although I would probably choose the Hilton downtown first if the prices were comparable (Hilton better location and seems newer).

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

Nice location, great walking distance to highlights of city, valet parking is an added service and the shuttle staff is helpful and nice. The bathroom in our room was small and had leaky faucets. Plus the toilet was shorter than normal and sounded like a cannon when flushed. Weird. But the staff and restaurant were very friendly and helpful to us. There isn't wireless high speed internet in the rooms either, just the ethernet hookup.

• Stayed August 2010
Kiel, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2010

My friend and I stayed here on a vacation..Check in and service was okay.. I had called down the night before and question them if they had a continental breakfast, and I was told yes.. My friend went down before I did and asked the lady if this was the continental breakfast, she was told yes, so she made her plate and ate, then I came down and did the same.. she then learned that it was not, we did talk to a manager who gave us a voucher for the meal.. we went back to our room and asked for a bell boy to come and get our bags so we could check out. We were told yes, nobody came.. we then took our stuff went down and checked out.. we had gotten valet parking so I gave the gentleman our ticket, they couldn't find my vehicle. Many people got their vehicle before I did. We were suppose to be somewhere at 9 am and because they couldn't find my vehicle, we didn't make it to our destination.. all they would say is sorry and we'll take the valet parking off your bill. When your from another state and come this distance, and you can't do what you have come for...I would never suggest coming here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Jackson, Mississippi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

My experience was awesome. I had the Fried Green Tomatoes Napoleian. It was one of the best things I've ever eaten in my life with the goat cheese and crawfish sauce. I loved the location! It was close to the Ryman, the Country Music Hall of Fame and Bridgestone Area. The staff from the time I checked into to the time I left made me feel right at home and the southern charm of each and everyone was incredible.
I will definitely be back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2010

CHOOSE THIS HOTEL!!!! The location is perfect. Every thing downtown is walking distance. The service from the time you pull into valet until the time you pull out is excellent. The Bellman helped us with our luggage and got us to the front desk with a smile. The front desk was courteous and helpful with directions to local sites. The room was cool (very very hot out) and comfortable.
The food in the hotel was not like "Hotel Food." It was tasty and affordable. They even had pizza when we didn't want to leave the room. I will positively be back!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
College Park, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2010

The people who worked at the Doubletree were pleasant, helpful and courteous, BUT the bathroom was small, the toilet was 4 inches shorter than the one at home and the shower head was so low I had to bend way over to wash my hair, and I am only 5 feet nine! Good location, close to honky tonk/tourist sights and nice breakfast buffet.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Freeport, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the hotel in Nashville and from the minute we pulled up, the service was EXCELLENT! The vallet,bell boy and the desk clerk was very helpful. My husband travels alot and he was quite impressed. We asked about nice places to eat and the bell boy(Parker) even made our reservations for us. They informed us about the hotel van that would take us where ever we wanted to go downtown(it was over 100 degrees there)The van driver would play 20 questions with us, which made it a fun ride. From begining to end to was great. I would go back to Nashville just to stay at the Doulbetree!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown? Share your experiences!