“Great Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Manteca, California
“Great Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2010

Great place to stay in downtown Nashville. Very comfortable bed and clean room. Staff was very helpful and pleasant. Loved the fresh-baked cookies you get at check-in. Would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
SteveBo14, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, January 25, 2010
Thank you for your recent review. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to serving you agian on your next visit to Nashville.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
TENNESSEE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

When I walked in the hotel to check in, there was an awful odor. The lobby smelled of rotten eggs. I thought it was just me then my husband came in and said the very same thing. Our room even had this strange smell in it. I woke up wishing to get my stay over because the smell was so bad! I should have asked what it was I guess.
I would need to go back and look a the fine print on their website or elsewhere. I MAY have been told or read about the valet parking and just forgot. I was NOT impressed with the fact that after check in they take your keys and go park your car. Then when we went to go get it twice, we had to wait for a few minutes, probably about 15 minutes both times and had to tip and then had to pay 22 dollars for the service that we didn't even ask for. I didn't know, but after reading some reviews, seems we could have went somewhere else to park for cheaper...and quicker!
Internet in your room was an extra 9.95 I believe she said...ridiculous. Everywhere I have stayed this year has offered it in the room for no extra charge.
No free breakfast.
Only 1 cookie given to me at check in (petty complaint huh?) where others have the cookies on the counter so each family member can grab one.
However, the staff was friendly and check in was a breeze. The room was clean and beds were nice but SMALL! It was cold and rainy the night we stayed and it was quiet a distance for us to get to the Sommet Center so we ended up driving. To me, the location was not perfect for that as I thought it would be. To me it just wasn't worth the money we paid.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
SteveBo14, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, December 29, 2009
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay Nashville. Please accept my apologies regarding the "awful" odor in the hotel at check in. The odor was coming from outside of the hotel. We did everything we could to eliminate and finally were able to rid the hotel of the odor the next morning,

Valet parking is normal at all Nashville Downtown hotels and is documented on our website.

Effective January 1, 2010, internet in the rooms is free.

We do offer transportation in the downtown area to Broadway and 2nd Avenues venues.

Thank you again for your comments.
Tennessee Ridge, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

I have stayed on 3 occasions at this property over the past few months. All stays were pleasant with no significant problems encountered. I found all of the rooms to be quite clean, and in generally good working order. On all occasions I had interesting-shaped "triangle" rooms - one very small, the other 2 quite large. These triangle rooms are at the ends of the hallways; most rooms appear to be standard rectangles. The larger rooms were "Junior Suites" - one had a refrigerator and a microwave, while the other had a fridge only. Not sure why - if you need these, I would suggest specifically asking. Nice flat-screen TV's. Desk available.

I used the fitness center a couple of times - a few weight machines, yoga, stuff, and multiple treadmill-type machines with TV's. The pool looked nice, but I didn't try it. I used both the in-room internet ($) and the lobby WiFi (free) and both worked well. I accessed "lobby" WiFi from the 2nd or "Ballroom" floor where it was less busy that day. The business center is also on the second floor.

The breakfast buffet was consistent on each stay with a moderate variety of offerings (both warm and cold) - all tasty. Service at breakfast quite good - speedy and friendly. In fact, staff members were consistently helpful and friendly. I saw another review noting lack of change for larger bills at the front desk, but I asked for and received change with no problems on at least one occasion.

I am not a fan of valet parking in general (nothing against this hotel as I did not try at this property), so I chose to park across the street corner at the Public Garage for $14 overnight. Access is extremely easy, and both the garage and the street between it and the hotel are very well lit, so I had no concerns leaving my car in the evening. This may be a different story if there is a downtown event with larger crowds.

I would be happy to stay at this location again if similar circumstances.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind comments regarding your recent stays in Nashville.

For your information, Internet is now complimentary in the rooms.

Thank you for your patronage.
New England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

This hotel is in a fantastic location. If you're a DIY traveller it is about a 1 block walk (very safe night or day) to the bus station. You can take the number 18 bus directly from airport to hotel for less than $2/ pp. Then you can walk to the bus station daily and take the MTA bus to anywhere in the area for $2/pp (or cheaper daily bus pass rates).

The hotel is clean and safe and there are always staff in the lobby. Starbucks is in the lobby and is a great place for a coffee/pastry at about $5/pp in the morning. At the plaza cafe they serve a buffet breakfast. It has a nice selection of fruits, bacon/sausage/biscuits, eggs, cold cereal and pastries and is all you can eat although we didn't find the food all that appetizing for the cost per person.

The hotel is walking distance from Broadway and 2nd Ave. Those streets have shopping, restaurants, and famous bars/live music venues for tourists. They do charge accordingly though and we paid between $50 and $60 each evening for live entertainment and meals for 2 people. BB Kings Stacy Mitchhart band was a great night out with decent food. Wildhorse Saloon was fun to dance at but the food sucked and was very overpriced. The hotel is also walking distance from Ryman Auditorium and Country Music Hall of Fame. It is a safe walk and those attractions are very local and popular. Finally, TN Capitol and State Museum are within walking distance and offer tours and exhibits free of charge.

The rooms are clean and while the carpet/wallpaper appear dated the furnishings and linens appeared clean and modern. Our room was furnished with a large, flat screen t.v. and a wolfgang puck coffee/tea maker with free coffee/tea daily. We enjoyed HBO movies free at night. The bathroom had shampoo/conditioner/lotion and facial cleanser too. We did have one problem with the room but we ran down to the front desk and it was taken care of immediately. The staff was extremely courteous and quick to resolve situations with a customer satisfaction focus!

The hotel has a shuttle which escorted us around town at night (the shuttle guy insisted he drive us one night when it was drizzling) though we never saw printed information about it and were unclear if it was available at all times or exactly where it may have gone. We were unclear why we didn't receive written information in the room or verbal information at check in about this service.

Only complaint about checkout was that the guy in the lobby said he couldn't change our cash. We had only large bills left and were going to be utilizing the bus to get to the airport. He said he could not make change for a $5 to give us singles. I wish they would keep some small bills on hand for customers who need to use the bus. You need to bring singles to the bus station because there's no cash exchange machine. Our bus ticket was down to just a few dollars and we didn't want to put another $5 on the ticket since we would be leaving town and wouldn't get to use it. Starbucks was not yet open at 5:45 a.m. when we were leaving nor was anything else in the area (its a business district area).

Overall, a safe, clean hotel with an excellent location! Great value!!!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your kind review regarding your recent stay in Nashville.

Our team is dedicated to offering the very best in service and amenities. We look forward to you visiting the hotel on your next vist to Nashville.

Thank you for your patronage.
kentucky
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2009

The double beds where very small, my husband and I slept in sparate beds. There were no bath robes or slippers in our room and it was very hot. The Holiday Inn Express was much nicer, bigger rooms, and you get a breakfest in the mornings for a cheaper price,

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
CINCINNATI, OHIO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2009

hello everyone... i read reviews all the time before i go somewhere.... i read all of them here and, to be honest, was a little worried....
It was all for not! the hotel was just perfect! the service was awesome, the location was awesome and the room service was top notch! we had breakfast in the hotel the morning after our nice quiet sleep and the breakfast was great as well.
we got calls after check in to see if our room (108) was to our liking and it was! we got calls after room service to see if it was to our liking... and it was! they truly showed us nothing but excellent service!
i would completely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Nashville...... it was really nice.

Happy Stay in Nashville!

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
knoxville tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2009

We stayed at the douibletree this past weekend and had a great experience. I was with a large group going to see a play at TPAC. This hotel is right beside the Tennessee Performing Arts Center and we were able to just walk over. Parking is pricey but we didnt have to move our car the whole weekend. They do provide shuttle service to the downtown area. I was in a junior suite, corner room and it was great. I read complaints about low water pressure but mine was wonderful. I did have some in my group get upset about their room being really small. I think there are a few that are tiny. Being a TA, I wish I'd looked at them for future reference! We had breakfast in the dining room and dinner in the Meritage restaurant before the play . Both were excellent. There are drink specials at the bar during happy hour and live music at night. I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed September 2009

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown? Share your experiences!