“Very friendly and comfortable hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #52 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Shildon, UK
“Very friendly and comfortable hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2009

We have stayed in a Doubletree hotel before (in Clearwater Beach) and again we found this to be a very friendly and clean hotel. We arranged our stay through United Vacations.
I've read some of the other reviews, but we didn't encounter any of those problems. We stayed for three nights in mid July. The check in was very efficient , friendly and helpful. They provided us with a safe deposit box next to the reception, and also booked us on to a couple of trips.
The hotel is in the middle of the city, close to restaurants, bars, theatre and museum, but there are no big shopping malls nearby -- Opryland should be your destination if you want to shop till you drop.
We had a room on the second floor, right at the end, with a good view of the city, although we were woken up one morning by the nearby church bells playing hymns!
We had buffet breakfast in the restaurant, and it was very good value for money. There are a couple of breakfast places nearby if you don't want to eat in.
If we have one memory of the Doubletree, it will be the friendliness of the staff, throughout the hotel, not just in reception.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
huntsville al
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2009

We stayed here because it was so close to TPAC and we were going to see Wicked The hotel staff was very polite and our room on the fifth floor was very nice. The price was great and we just walked next door to the theater.

Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2009

After reading several reviews I was hesitant to book this hotel but figured I am pretty easy to please so I shouldn't encounter any real issues. Sadly, I was wrong. One of the only bright points was check-in. The woman at the front desk was lovely and prompt. After a quick run up to the room, I was back in the lobby confirming with the front desk that the parking garage across the street cost $15/day and had in and out privileges, which is what I was told when I made my reservations. The gentleman apologetically informed me that this was incorrect and said that I could valet for $24/day. Don't forget you must tip each time you get your car and sometimes wait for 15 minutes just to get your valet ticket. Unreal! That night we asked the front desk what time the pool closed and were given a snotty response of, "Uh it closed at 10." So we headed to the bar for a night cap and much to our surprise the bartender was great, sadly I don't remember his name. Also, when I made my reservations I was told that breakfast was included in my nightly rate. Much to my disbelief the next morning the front desk informed me that this was also incorrect. Could things get worse? Why yes, yes they could. After a long day of sight seeing we opened a bottle of wine and headed down to the outside bar area. We sat at the end, at our own table away from the other 5 patrons. My boyfriend proceeded to light a cigar, careful not to bother anyone close by. Not two minutes after this occured a woman from the hotel bar asked us if we were drinking alcoholic beverages that we brought from our room, of course I said yes...why lie, she told us we had to move to another area. Basically we were ostracized from the bar seating area because that particular night we didn't buy a drink from the hotel bar. Some other key notes, to use the internet it will cost you $10/day, the water pressure in the shower is nonexsistent, and there is no place for you to park your car if you want to make a quick trip up to your room. I will try to make some positive notes....the workout facilities are very nice, the checkout experience was great, there is a Starbucks in the lobby and the blackout drapes let us sleep in a little late. I will be traveling with ten other people to Nashville for a wedding in October and I will be sure to suggest everyone stay at a different property.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2009

This hotel is okay: Its centrally located (although some others like the Sheraton and Hilton are closer to the action). Its also clean, and has decent friendly staff working in it. However, it is a bit dated and if you get the wrong room (like we did) you will be totally screwed.

We were given a room on the 2nd floor, which is where the pool is located. Upon arriving in our room, we noticed that it had a wall of windows looking into the pool area. We didn't think much about this and then went to dinner. After dinner we went out for drinks and to a couple of honky tonks on Broadway. Had a great time. We were expecting to sleep until 8 or 9am the next morning and then hit the road. However, at 6am this nauseatingly terrible elevator music started emanating from the pool area. then there was some sort of aqua aerobics class for seniors that made a lot of noise. This was unpleasant. I couldn't get back to bed. I was very irritable.

Needless to say we probably could have avoided this if we had just changed rooms. However, this hotel is a bit old, the rooms are dated, and the shower pressure is completely horrible. So our trip would have been improved slightly, but overall this hotel is average.

Oh, and btw - the cookies aren't even that good.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

I stayed one night in July of 2009, since I was there to see a show at the Nashville Municipal Auditorium, which was 2 blocks away and very easy to walk to. The hotel was great...love the recent remodel, love modern design and this one is a fantastic example. I checked in in a breeze and got my warm Doubletree cookie :). The room I had was a mini-suite which was huge! The furniture was very nice, elegant, the room was clean and the bed was wonderful. The heat/cool controls react immediately and kept the room a great temperature. I had no noise issues. Best of all, there's a Starbucks in the lobby! :) You can also walk to the Country Music Hall of Fame (I did) or the hotel will take you there in a shuttle. You are also within walking distance of the Broadway nightlife area. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled solo
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2009

I usually stay at the Renaissance in Downtown Nashville but it was unfortunately booked on the night I was visiting this year. I opted for the Doubltree as it looked to be of a good standard and the price wasn't too bad. Location is okay - not as close to Broadway as the Renaissance was but still only a few blocks to walk.

Hotel itself was very nice, has its own Starbucks in the lobby and you're given cookies upon check in! Lovely room, comfy bed and all seemed clean (and I always check towles and sheets religiously for any sign of mark!). Definitely recommended for a stay in Nashville, although the Renaissance would always be my first choice.

West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2009

My girlfriends and I stayed at the Doubletree in Downtown Nashville and had an excellent experience. There were six of us and we were in town for a bachelorette party. The staff were all very nice and extremely helpful. Each day we ask them where a good place to eat was and they gladly made a recomendation and offered to call the hotel's free shuttle to take us there. We had a Jr. suite and it was very large, clean, and comfortable. The location of the hotel is great. It was only a few blocks to all of the shops, bars, and many restraunts. The only bad thing about the hotel is the cost of parking. It was either $25 to valet park or $15 to self park.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown? Share your experiences!