“Great Stay-Room was very comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book and Save up to 20%
Ranked #41 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great Stay-Room was very comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2009

Stayed for 5 nights at this hotel during the CMAfest. Booked thru a package so have no idea what the actual room rate was. The room was perfect, cleaned daily, and extremely quiet. Never heard a sound from other rooms or the hallway. The room temperature was very good too, never too hot or too cold. We had to arrive early in the morning on Wednesday and there was a room available for check in at 5:30am at no additional charge so we didn't even have to bother with them storing our luggage until we got back from our event (GAC Kickoff Breakfast at the Country Music Hall of Fame). The hotel offers complimentary shuttle service within 4 blocks which gets you to the heart of downtown and all the festival events to save you from walking if you prefer. It is only a short walk to the downtown area if you prefer to walk. The walk back is uphill. I don't know if the shuttle is an all year service or just for the CMAfest. We never got to use the pool so I can't comment on that and we never ate at the hotel either. There are a few places close by for a quick bite to eat but the place you have to eat at is Demo's at Commerce & 3rd. Excellent food and extremely reasonable, almost downright cheap for the quality of food. The bed was wonderful. I slept very well at this hotel. For the last 2 days we rented a car since we needed to get to a fan club party on the other side of town and figured we would just rent a car and then use it to get back to the airport rather than bothering with taxi's (taxi is $25 each way to Opryland area)and shuttles (shuttle is $24 to airport.) We found the valet service to be excellent. We never waited more than 1-1/2 minutes for our car. The rental was $39 something for the 2 days and $48 for the valet parking so we spent a little more with renting but didn't have to deal with taxi's and shuttles and didn't have to tip anyone so it probably came out to be the same and we had the convenience of our own car. The staff was always helpful and this was a sold out house while we were there. No problems with elevators, never waited more than a few seconds for one. All the rooms have flat screen TV's with a good selection of channels. Wireless internet is provided and free printing services. A Starbucks is located in the lobby. Coffee makers are in each room.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (113)
Oneida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2009

The hotel was very beautiful and very clean. The staff were all very nice and mostly helpful. The hotel claims to have children's activities but I felt the hotel in all was not child friendly. If I travel with my child in the future I will not stay at the DoubleTree. The rooms were kind of small and overpriced. The in hotel resturant staff were very rude and not accomodating at all. Would not off any service if you needed it. The hidden charges were extreme, almost another $100. The rooms were very dangerous to children. The exterior door was very easily opened by my 22 month old son. There were no inside lock to prevent him from opening it. My colleague brought her baby and requested a baby bed but never got it. She too was disappointed with the stay. The shuttle van was extremely helpful--took us to resturant and came back and gave us a tour of the city for free. I would not reccomend this hotel for guest with children but if you were going solo--it could be fine. Also, the hotel ad give the heated pool great reviews but the pool was broken when we were there.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
north east
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

stayed in doubletree at the start of our trip for five nights, could not fault the staff on front desk, had a problem with car hire with hertz, which receptionist ebony went out of her way to sort after we had been overcharged. breakfast was excellent, rooms were fine, pool very good, we travelled to other parts of the south on our holiday and were returning to nashville for last three nights so because of the excellent service we had recieved we rebooked into doubletree again, we stayed at five different hotels on our travels and must say the staff at the doubletree downtown nashville outshone them all.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
Las Vegas, NV
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2009

We were in town for the Nashville Country Music Marathon which my wife was participating in... We got a "special rate" of $189 per night in an Executive King... I wondered what the difference between that and a regular king and found out pretty fast...

We arrived on Thursday and my wife booked the one night separate than the rest of weekend as it was not in our original plans... they wanted to charge us $199 for the one night and put us in a regular king room since it wasn't officially part of the group reservation made through Elite Racing... We complained and the guy behind the desk said he would look into it and get back to us.... Then we also told him that we wanted to shorten our Fri - Tues stay to Fri - Sun and he said that he also wasn't allowed to touch reservations made by Elite and would have to get back to us... We were gonna argue with him and demand a manager, however decided to let it go for the moment and get to our regular king room...

We got to the room and it was TINY!!! OMG!!! The room was ALL BED~ barely any room besides the bed and an end table on each side -- along with a desk and a bathroom so small, you need to leave it to even change your mind! (I know, old joke -- sorry)...

We called Doubletree corporate and she immediately changed our weekend reservation to end on Sunday and couldn't understand why the dude at the front desk couldn't do it.. oh well...

Overall, we were not thrilled with this teeny room and paying more than an executive king -- however we dealt with it...

We went down soon after to get to a store to pick up beverages and batteries for our digital camera... and noticed they had a Starbucks there.. which was kind of cool...

The area surround the hotel is very ghetto with all sorts of characters walking around.. wasn't nervous, but took note of all of it while paying the high prices for the hotel..

OHHH.. I forgot to mention that it costs $22 per night to Valet park at the hotel and that's the only parking they offer... otherwise, there's an indoor lot across the street for $16 per night or less by the hour with no in & out privileges... We did that for a night before deciding to bite the bullet and valet out of convenience...

The other major note I will make about the room was the air conditioning SUCKED!! I set it at 60 degrees with high fan and the room barely felt cold at all!!

The next day came and we checked out of the tiny, overpriced room and our Executive King wasn't going to be ready for a few hours.. I mentioned what we went through with the previous front desk person and she rolled her eyes and sighed saying she is always cleaning up his messes and laziness... She immediately credited us the $10 difference between the nights and gave us free Sunday brunch (we weren't going to be having anything Sat before the race).. She was awesome!!

The concierge was also awesome... and gladly held our bags till we returned that afternoon... When we got back, we did the whole check-in process again -- but this time with our new friend!!

She gave us our Executive King on the top (9th) floor and this room was sooo much bigger, or at least felt like it than the previous one.. the bathroom was still tiny, however the room was a lot nicer! The AC was just as crappy -- however we felt much more comfortable..

We did room service a couple of times and it was good.. except I got the same ravioli dish both times and SWEAR the second time there was less food on the plate!

The valet guys were pretty much obnoxious.. just like everyone else comments about -- but then again, they worked fast and didn't hit anything with the car, so I guess that's good..

Breakfast on Sunday was cool... nice place with a buffet and decent food/service...

Check out was cool and pretty easy... overall it was just OK. When I think of the money -- it doesn't come CLOSE to what I expect... however it was our choice to stay there and pay that to be closer to the race... Live and learn!!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
fox2847
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2009

Some friends and I stayed in the Doubletree in April of 2009. From the moment valet took my car it all went downhill. We arrived before time to check in and asked the valet driver what the earliest time was we could come back. His reply was quote "If I knew that kind of stuff I would be running the place." A very rude remark from one of many rude staff members. When we finally arrived later on that evening from checking out Nashville, Houston at the front desk informed us that he "gave our room away". We booked a jr. suite several months before and the only room left in the hotel was a room with two double beds. Regularly this would be fine but there were 6 adults on the trip. After discussing this issue with the front desk and getting absolutely nowhere, we tried to make the best of a situation and one of the couples on our trip volunteered to sleep on the floor. This would have been fine also but after asking the front desk for blankets or a cot, they brought up two fitted sheets to our room and no pillows. The night shift manager Richard was completely useless and no help at all. Overall, I wouldn't recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
Monkey4u
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2009

I recently stayed at the Doubletree Nashville Downtown while on vacation. I have to say, when I checked in, that I was not extremely impressed. I read several reviews before staying here, and the gentleman that helped us was not extremely accomodating, nor did we get our warm chocolate chip cookies. I will chalk this up to them having a very busy night. Throughout the stay, however, my friend and I were turned around very quickly. Krisitn at the front desk is absolutely amazing. She is so very knowledgeable, helpful, warm and friendly. Even when she is busy, she will juggle everything she is doing, and still make you feel that you are important and welcome. Several of the other staff members that we encountered were also very nice and helpful, but Kristin sets the bar for the highest quality of standards and customer service. This girl deserves a raise! The only complaints that I would have would be that there is definitely not enough counter space in the bathroom of the double bedded rooms. I got to see some of the bathrooms in the king rooms while housekeeping was doing a great job, and I noticed that those bathrooms had a full counter, while the double rooms only had a sink. This can be a problem for a long term guest. The last thing that I would gripe about seems trivial, but I couldn't help but notice. One day when we left the room, we received housekeeping service. The room was cleaned well, but I noticed upon returning that there were two glasses sitting next to our guest room door. After a day, they were still there. I could have brought this to someone's attention, but I noticed a few similarities of things left by other doors and wanted to see how long it would take for someone to notice this. I fully understand that it was a very busy time for the hotel, and they may very well have been understaffed at the time. I am sure this does not happen on a regular basis. The majority of the hotel was absolutely spotless. Lastly, the location of the hotel is amazing. It is withing walking distance of the famous Printers Alley, and also many restaurants and bars in the "District". It was a great trip, and I would definitely reccomend this hotel. I must say thank you again to Krisitn for making it such an amazing vacation!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled with friends
lagrange
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2009

Looks great.....Temperature in room was 68degrees upon arrival at 3pm ,finally started to go up around 3am. Shower did not work, tub took an hour to drain. ... You could probably do better.....The bed however was very comfortable

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown? Share your experiences!