“Excellence service and location” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book and Save up to 20%
Ranked #36 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Friendship
“Excellence service and location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a business trip and took a couple of extra days to see the sights. All stay was extremely friendly and very attentive. Did have a car but it appears all parking is valet. Very nice bar in the hotel with outside seating and a Starbucks inside the hotel. Very close to Broadway and Printer's Alley, TN State museum and a number of very good restaurants. Can't go wrong if downtown Nashville is what you are looking for.

Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Steve B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in Nashville. It is always our mission to accommodate our guest with the very best in quality product and services. We do have outstanding staffs who take pride in their profession. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

771 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
centerville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Everything was wonderful. A very helpful, and friendly staff. We did not use the pool or spa, but the breakfast, lunch, & dinner experience was wonderful. I'm so happy we stayed here. We will definitely come back. Thank you to all of the staff.

Room Tip: We just took the room they gave us. It was just great.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the Food & Beverage experience. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay with us. Our guests’ feedback is incredibly important to us. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

Chosen for the central location to sites and the Rock and Roll half marathon registration/ start/ finish. Reservation and room all set. As a diamond member the amenities much appreciated. Good breakfast buffet will prompt and friendly service. Wet and tired after the race being met and the wet sheet taken and disposed of for us was nice. Valet service easy to use.

• Stayed April 2013
Steve B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed by our hotel operation. In my opinion, our breakfast buffet is the best in town! Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming and rewarding stay with us. Our guests’ feedback is incredibly important to us and I appreciate your comments. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I attended a conference and really enjoyed my stay at this hotel especially because of the concierge, Jeonnay. Before I arrived at the hotel, I spoke w/ the concierge about some free time I had before the conference and Jeonnay helped me w/ the planning. When I arrived at the hotel, Jeonnay had a package ready for me on places to eat and see. I've never experienced such warmth and friendliness from a concierge. She was absolutely the best!
This hotel has many rooms but it didn't feel like I would get lost. It felt cozy in a way. My room was the standard size, clean, up to date. I requested a lower floor room and during the night, I would hear the train passing by from a distance and I had ear plugs on. The beds and pillows felt good. There were extra towels we requested. The only problem I had was the shower drain was sooo slowwww. At times, I felt like it could have been a bath. I was so busy everyday that I forgot to call and complain about this so this is my fault. Also, when I got my bill I noticed they added an extra fee of $25 plus tax described as ticket for each day I was there. I called the front desk and was told it was for parking. I flew in not drove in and it was immediately removed. Make sure to check those bills!
The hotel is of walking distance to the Broadway area where I got shopping done, had some delicious food and checked out the scene. So close to it all. Overall, it was an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: ask for room away from where train passes.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed by our hotel team. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming and rewarding stay with us. Our guests’ feedback is incredibly important to us and I appreciate your comments. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.
Jersey City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

The first impression I made about this hotel was with the check in folks - they were really sweet - they offer you a cookie!! The rooms were clean, although not as big as I expected, clean bathrooms and pretty comfy beds. The gym was decent as well. Location is good, as its in heart of downtown, close to broadway with ample of eating options around. The buffet breakfast was included in my deal and was simple great with freshly made omelletes. Recommended overall.

Room Tip: The higher number rooms are on the backside and nicer.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the breakfast buffet. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay with us. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.
Toledo, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a meeting for work, and the meeting rooms were average. However, as a destination, this is a great hotel. It was an easy walk to Broadway and all of the honky tonk bars, shopping, and attractions. The Bridgestone Arena is close enough that this would be a good place to stay if you are going to a concert or event. The breakfast buffet was very good, with lots of choices, including cooked to order omlettes. The hotel staff was friendly, and the area around the hotel felt safe. This definitely ranks as one of the better cities for meetings given how safe it appears, and the many options within walking distance of the hotel. Downtown traffic isn't bad at all. I wish my room had a micro fridge but I'm sure they have rooms that are better equipped.

Room Tip: City noise is minimal, and my room on the 8th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind comments and the great review regarding your recent stay in Nashville. It is always our mission to accommodate our guest with the very best in quality product and services. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Athens, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

If you are going to TPAC, it is a less than two block walk. This hotel is an old property, and has issues you would expect with an older property. The room had a slight "old" odor (hard to describe other than a smell that seems to be common among older hotels), but furnishings and carpet were all in good condition. The shower head was less than 6 feet above the tub, and the bathroom was tiny (typical for an older hotel).... if you are above 6 feet tall this makes for a miserable experience. Check-in was slow, there were only three people in line and still took 15 minutes to check-in. Breakfast buffet was a little above average. Valet parking was expensive ($25) but fast. By the time you pay for taxes and parking, this place gets expensive quick, and the place just is not worth a high price unless convenience is your only concern.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your review. I understand that you were unsatisfied with our prices and that you found them to be too expensive. I sincerely apologize for this and assure you that we do all we can to create a great experience for each one of our guests. We are actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for your comfort and convenience and will definitely keep you review in mind.

Again, I do thank you for your review and sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you may have gone through. I hope that the next time you are in the area, please consider staying with us at again.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown? Share your experiences!