“Great Location, Great Trip!” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #52 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Glen Carbon, Illinois
“Great Location, Great Trip!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was our family of 4's first time staying at a Double Tree and the first time in Nashville Tn. The staff was very welcoming and helpful during our whole stay. The location was perfect for walking to the Country Music Hall of Fame, The Rymann and of course the honky tonks on lower broadway. My kids loved swimming in the pool and I enjoyed how the workout room was hooked to the pool area so I could keep an eye on my kids! We had a fantastic weekend and can't wait to return, soon! The only reason I did not give this hotel 5 stars was I prefer a hotel with the breakfast included in the room price. I felt for the price we paid for our room having the delicious breakfast included would of been PERFECTION for my family.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Steve B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind comments and the great review regarding your recent stay in Nashville. It is always our mission to accommodate our guest with the very best in quality product and services. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
Glenmont, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I should have known it would be a bad experience when I arrived at the hotel, went through the revolving doors with my luggage, got stuck and the bellhops stood there and watched me struggle. After we checked in, we got to our room and while unpacking noticed mold on the windowsills and wallpaper coming off the wall with mold underneath. We were immediately given a new room on a different floor. The only reason I'm giving the hotel a "2" (Poor) rating and not a "1" (Terrible) is because the food in the restaurant was VERY good and the waitress was friendly and very accommodating. The breakfast buffet was very good as well. There was also a bellhop there, I believe his name was Bill, who went out of his way to help us. Ironically, we had called the day before we got there and were helped out by a gentlemen named Kevin who got us our Grand Ole Opry tickets for a show scheduled the night we arrived there. When we asked to speak to him so we could thank him in person, we were given an odd look and told he was no longer with them. When we checked out, we had been charged for parking each day and we had to convince them that we had flown, not driven, from New York and didn't have a car. We have stayed at other Double Tree by Hilton hotels (the one in Charleston, SC is very nice) and were very pleased, but this one did not fit the bill, unfortunately.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience.

chicago, il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I will start my review by saying that perhaps I booked incorrectly. I thought the package that I booked included free valet parking, but when we checked out we were billed an additional $50 for 2 nights of parking. This irked me, but, my own fault - I had not brought our printed out confirmation with me.
I will start by listing the positives:
1. We stayed in a corner suite, that was light, bright, large and full of windows
2. The breakfast buffet would certainly please anyone - there were plenty of options and the coffee was good
3. The live performer in the lobby bar (at least on that Friday night) was very good and the seating was comfortable to enjoy the performance
4. There was a free shuttle to take you to sites within a certain radius of the hotel, which was great. You can call for pick up on the back end.
5. Free chocolate chip cookies were a nice touch!
The negatives:
1. There is generally a long wait to valet park your car or retrieve your car from the valet. It wasn't unusual to wait for 20 minutes in line to hand your car keys to the valet to get your car parked.
2. The indoor pool is too small to accommodate the amount of guests - just crowded and feels a little dirty
3. The valet fee for cars is $25 per day, when I had read or misunderstood that this was included in our package
4. On our Saturday checkout day it took a VERY long time to get an elevator down with our bags from the 4th floor. 25+ minutes. All of the other patrons were expressing the same feeling.
5. This did not feel to me like an in town location - you either needed a car or the free shuttle to get to and from sites.
In general the hotel feels a bit tired. If you can find something for a similar price with more amenities, I would check into it.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and were impressed by our hotel operation. In my opinion, our breakfast buffet is the best in town! Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming and rewarding stay with us. Our guests’ feedback is incredibly important to us and I appreciate your comments. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.

However, we do have an excellent location that is within walking distance of all the downtown hotspots. I would also remind you that parking is quoted on our website and is discussed in several of our reviews. Unfortunately, this past weekend, we had an elevator go down and we could not get parts until Monday.

We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Bells, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I have stayed at the Double Tree in downtown Nashville several times and have always had a pleasant experience. The hotel staff has always been friendly and helpful. The rooms are basic but clean and comfortable. The bed was comfortable although they have feather pillows and I prefer a foam or fiber filled pillow. The soaps and shampoo was Citron which has a very nice citrus smell. The food in the hotel is good and the breakfast buffet was especially nice.
This hotel is in walking distance of some really good restaurants (Demo's) and most attractions and shopping. A well-known celebrity was staying in the hotel at the time I was there March 26th. 2013 and although a lot of my friends saw him, I did not. I would recommend this hotel as I plan to stay there again the next time I stay in downtown Nashville. S. Williams

Room Tip: Very nice hotel in walking distance from most downtown restaurants and attractions. A well-known cel...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Steve B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Raeford, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

I stayed at the DoubleTree in downtown Nashville in a suite with 5 friends for a Bachelorette weekend. I travel often for work and this hotel, by far, had the worst customer service I have ever experienced. For one, our trash and leftover room service was left outside our room for over 24 hours, despite two calls requesting the staff to come pick it up. Second, we had a staff member enter our room without knocking as we were changing and proceeded to enter the room despite our request for her to leave. We called to complain and were told a manager was coming up to see us, but he/she never showed up. Third, the "complementary shuttle" they speak of is almost non-existent. We waited outside for 20 minutes for it to arrive and instead took a taxi. Then called the shuttle three times from our destination and it never showed up and they never called to tell us they weren't coming. To top off the trip, when the valet guys brought our car around at check-out, we requested he bring the car to the curb as opposed to out in the rain and he gave us attitude for asking. Then three valet staff sat and watched as we packed the car ourselves. This is among other things like the shower being stopped up with hair and not draining and the cart we called upstairs to carry our luggage never arriving. The hotel has great accommodations, is in a perfect location, but needs some serious work on it's staff, management and customer service. I will not return to this hotel and will think twice before ever staying in a DoubleTree again. I recommend finding another place to stay in Nashville as there are plenty other hotels in the same area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Steve B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, April 2, 2013
First of all, thank you for your review of your past stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I was disappointed to read that you found our staff was not more attentive to your needs. I apologize if you found that our staff did not provide you with the level of customer service you deserve. I can assure you that your satisfaction is our main concern and I have personally spoken to our staff so that this does not occur again. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected and I can assure you that your feedback will help us deliver this brand promise.

Again, I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if you travels bring you back to our area. Please know that your business is incredibly important to us and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered.
Mount Vernon, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013 via mobile

We booked the special and received valet parking, breakfast for two and late check out. Really great deal. Valet staff are friendly and helpful. Use the shuttle, they pick up and drop off until 11 pm at night, really handy to go to dinner and be collected Closd by to the honky tonks, with a visit.

• Stayed March 2013
The Ultimate Package is one of our best sellers on line! Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in Nashville. It is always our mission to accommodate our guest with the very best in quality product and services. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Fayetteville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

Great location, if you want to be near all the "happening" downtown places! Hotel could be a lot more with some TLC and upgrades. There is definitely a mold/mildew problem that needs to be addressed ASAP! The AC did not work very well....and was loud! The beds were EXCELLENT!! Staff was pleasant, depending on which shift you encountered. the bellman were always cordial and very helpful! Having a Starbucks was definitely a PLUS! Not the best place to stay..............but probably not the worst!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at our hotel. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I am however very sorry that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I sincerely apologize if you had some issues with the A/C unit in your room and if it was not working properly. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention so that I can personally follow-up with our maintenance staff. In addition, I sincerely apologize if you found our hotel to be somewhat dated. We strive on providing our guests with an exceptional stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that these issues be resolved. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown? Share your experiences!