“Not bad, just not great” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book and Save up to 20%
Ranked #41 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
“Not bad, just not great”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was my third choice for last week's trip to Nashville. I wanted to be downtown, and the other two choices were not only fully booked, but much more expensive.

The downs: only valet, no self-park option. There was a long hair on one of the towels in the bathroom. The tv had some malfunctions (it seemed to freeze), but unplugging and plugging it back in took care of that. The chair cushion was off the chair. No big deal, but just strange for a downtown hotel to present a room that way. They charged me 5 nights of parking but I only stayed 3. But the front desk clerk fixed that when I brought it to her attention. And you could hear the people in the hallway at night.

The ups: The price was good for a downtown hotel. It was easily in walking distance to Lower Broadway. We ordered room service one night, and the food was delicious and delivered quickly. All the staff was friendly, helpful, and welcoming. Waiting for valet was never an issue, except for checkout day, when it took about 15 minutes, which they advised me up.

I'd stay here again only if the other 2 hotels I was considering are still too expensive and/or booked up. Otherwise, I'd give one of them a try. Oh, the warm cookie they give you upon arrival was a welcome surprise!

Room Tip: My room was only on the third floor. It looked out onto the roof over the pool and toward an office...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay with us. Our guests’ feedback is incredibly important to us and I appreciate your comments. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Great place to stay at if you wanna be downtown and close to the action without paying an arm & leg. Staff were super friendly and helpful. Room was large and very clean and fresh. Located only 4 blocks from Broadway and most of the honky tonks. Cool lobby with Starbucks located in it. I lived two blocks from this hotel and used to go there every morning for my coffee fix and hang out. I enjoyed this place and so will you.

• Stayed July 2012
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in Nashville. It is always our mission to accommodate our guest with the very best in quality product and services. We do have outstanding staffs who take pride in their profession. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Fort Smith, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here for one night. Considering I was traveling by myself on a Valentine's Day I thought it might be difficult to find a hotel in the downtown area on short notice, but was able to book the Doubletree at a very reasonable price. Check in was pleasant, room was large. Bed was extremely comfortable. I like a "cold" room for sleeping and I was able to adjust the temperature as cold as I liked. This is getting harder to do with the new energy efficient temperature controls. I hotel is about four blocks from Broadway. No problem walking to the bars and restaurants on Broadway from the hotel; however if one is not inclined to walk they have a shuttle that will take you to the places on Broadway as well as some of the other locations downtown. Compared to hotels with a slightly better location the price was excellent. I think that is extremely worth a four block walk...not to mention the health benefits of walking a little more distance. I had breakfast in their restaurant and it was well priced and very good value

Room Tip: my room was far away from the elevators and it was extremely quiet.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in Nashville. It is always our mission to accommodate our guest with the very best in quality product and services. We do have an outstanding value located within walking distance of 2nd & Broadway Streets. Our shuttle is also available to transport our to the entertainment district. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.
Brentwood, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

We live about 30 minutes from downtown Nashville and stayed at the Doubletree after seeing a show at TPAC, which is about a 1/2-1 block walk. Cookies are fabulous but everything else about the hotel was just average. Nothing horribly wrong but nothing special. Other hotels within walking distance of TPAC are the Hermitage (which is a wonderful hotel - - pricey but worth it and far superior to the Doubletree) and the Sheraton (which was less desirable than the Doubletree). The one highlight was the server we had for the breakfast buffet. I don't remember her name, but she was a delight.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Steve B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and one of our staff members was helpful at the breakfast buffet. Our main priority is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay with us. Our guests’ feedback is incredibly important to us and I appreciate your comments. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again.
knoxville, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Great location as the Capitol, restaurants, arenas, museums, etc. are all within a few convenient blocks. The staff goes the extra mile to make you feel welcome and special. I have stayed at this hotel many times in various rooms on different floors and I have never been disappointed or received anything less than clean, comfortable & pleasant accomodations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Steve B, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

After several flights to get to Nashville it was wonderful to arrive at Doubletree Nashville and be greeted with such friendly staff, and to top it all a warm cookie! I was only in Nashville for a couple of nights but had a fantastic stay at the Doubletree. For two girls travelling alone, the hotel is in a prime position to get to the main street in Nashville for bars and restaurants. The hotel also offers a complimentary shuttle service for anywhere within a mile which was perfect for getting to the Greyhound station with all our luggage. Thank you to the Doubletree and the staff, I had a wonderful stay in a fantastic city. Will definitely be making a return visit.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your kind comments. We very much appreciate your business and I do hope that next time you are in Nashville, you stay with us again.
Dayton, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Great accomodations! Front desk and restaurant staff were friendly and personable as well as providing fantastic service in spite of the numbers of people attending the Momentum convention. They made the stay most comfortable and enjoyable. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in Nashville. It is always our mission to accommodate our guest with the very best in quality product and services. We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown? Share your experiences!