“Nice For the Size” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Gaylord Entertainment Center

Gaylord Entertainment Center
501 Broadway, Nashville, TN 37203 (Downtown Nashville)
615-770-2000
Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 107 Activities in Nashville
Type: Tourist/ Visitor Centers, Theaters, Arenas/ Stadiums/ Fields, Amusement
More attraction details
Owner description: This new arena is home to sporting events including Nashville Predators hockey and concerts.
Chattanooga, Tennessee
28 attraction reviews
“Nice For the Size”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The Gaylord is a relatively new facility, quite modern and bright...easily maneuvered, clean. Its size makes for very nice events if what you are searching for is a more intimate experience, as the facility itself is no larger than a college coliseum...certainly no match for a spectacular event or professional sporting event. However, if you are looking for a concert, dance show, or other more intimate entertainment, this is the perfect place while in Nashville. It has the added attraction of being next door to the old Ryman Auditorium, where the Grand Ole Opry was held for many years.

Visited April 2012

Marion, Arkansas
17 attraction reviews
“Ice with Shrek the Halls...Neat but I would n't go to just do that. Not cheap either”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Very neat! It took us all of about 30 min to run through it and $83.00. I would NOT drive several hours just to see this. I would suggest finding a couple of other things to do while in town. It was neat but cold about 9 degrees. The slides were cute but near what I had envisioned. I expected really tall ones,etc.. The ice scultptures were neat and very well done. My two year old liked it but not old enough to appreciated it and my 9 year old loved it.

Northport, Alabama
8 attraction reviews
“Christmas Eve with the rockets!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

By a strange turn of events, we realized it was best for us to be in nashville for Christmas Eve and day. My husband had to be in Louisville by noon the day after Christmas , so, we made plans to go to Nashville . Deciding to make the best of the situation , I started looking for things to do.
I decided on seeing the rockets . The lady on the phone was very helpful. I was surprised at how easy it was to get to the venue. We ended up parking in the mall parking lot for free. The walk wasn't bad, and I have a artificial knee.
The show was wonderful ! The live nativity made me cry! By far the most beautiful I have ever seen. It was such a blessing to hear the hallelujah chorus . Given I was dreading the holiday, the first time with none of our grown children , and missing my new granddaughter , I never imagined I could have such a wonderful evening. I would love to be here every Christmas Eve.

Fort Myers, Florida
3 attraction reviews
“Christmas decorations galore!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at a nearby less expensive hotel, but I could not resist the chance to see the Gaylord Hotel Christmas displays. We walked around the hotel and grounds almost 2 hours and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. It was crowded, but everyone seemed to be having a great time. The place was beautiful and we even saw Shrek and Fiona. It was a nice respite from the cold despite the $20 parking fee. We heard you could park at the mall and walk over to prevent paying parking, but it was too cold for us to try.

Winchester, Kentucky, United States
5 attraction reviews
“WOW”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Went there to view the light show and ice show and was blown away. The center was fantastic and the ability to walk through so many different rooms decorated for the holiday was breathtaking. My family went through and to the ice show and we could not stop talking about it. I know that this will be a definitely event every Christmas time for me and my family. Thank you for the beautiful displays and ice displays. GORGEOUS, WONDERFUL, WELL DONE