“Probably better in Spring/Summer/Fall not Winter!” 3 of 5 stars

Book ahead on Viator
Top Rated
$62*
and up
Historic Tennessee - Southern Plantations and...
Ranked #11 of 96 Attractions in Nashville
Type: Historic Sites, Museums, History Museums, Landmarks
Activities: Arts and crafts, Leisure education
More attraction details
Owner description: The Hermitage, Home of President Andrew Jackson, is one of the largest and most visited presidential homes in the United States. Today, The Hermitage is a 1,120-acre National Historic Landmark with over 30 historic buildings,that welcomes some 180,000 annual visitors, including 30,000 schoolchildren, from all 50 states and many foreign countries.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
VA
35 attraction reviews
“Probably better in Spring/Summer/Fall not Winter!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I went to see the Home of President Andrew Jackson in February! Unless you really like the COLD I would recommend going during another season of the year. Plus, I am sure that the grounds have more beauty during other seasons and especially the Spring and Summer. The Fall is probably nice! We were a little disappointed in how quick the tour was through the house. We went back to where we came in and asked for someone to help and give us more information about the hermitage. One lady, in a wheelchair, came to help us and was very good. Overall this was okay; however, I may not go back because of the cost and defiantly not during the Winter. I was visiting Nashville and thought that this attraction would be good; however, I was a little disappointed.

Mpls, MN
7 attraction reviews
“A fair portrayal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

The Hermitage is a large acreage and you could easily spend a full day there. Unlike many historic visits, they have gone out of their way to provide a fair portrayal of Andrew Jackson - a very interesting character! While it doesn't give you full details on the many background details - it doesn't ignore them completely either. The audio tour is OK; the movie and actual live tour of the house are very good and provide plenty of opportunities for questions.

Las Cruces, New Mexico
13 attraction reviews
“Beautiful House and Interesting Tour”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

I visited the Hermitage on President's Day which I thought quite fitting. The Hermitage is unique from similar sights because it has been preserved in its original condition. The tour guides were knowledgable and shared several interesting insights into the Jackson household.

Chicago, IL.
6 attraction reviews
“Historic and Beautiful grounds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

The docents were knowledgeable. The grounds are immaculate. The wallcovering in the home is stunning and over 125 years old, ask about the wallcovering on the second floor as the story will amaze you. Plush and beautiful!

Lyles, Tennessee
11 attraction reviews
“Visit with Mom & Dad.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We took my parents to the Hermitage on one of their visits to Nashville. It was a very nice day & we enjoyed the visit very much. My parents are no longer with us but I have pictures of that visit are some of my favorite memories.