“Great Show!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Tennessee Performing Arts Center

Tennessee Performing Arts Center
505 Deaderick Street, Nashville, TN 37243 (Downtown Nashville)
Website
and up
Nashville Carriage Ride
Ranked #32 of 206 things to do in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Features concerts by touring national bands, local classical music series and Broadway plays.
Gainesville, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great Show!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

TPAC is a great place for a show! The lobby has several snack/drink bars to get you back to your seat in time for the second act.

1 Thank NancyK1958

alabama
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“WICKED GREAT!!!! SUPER HELPFUL STAFF”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I .an email reminding me of event. Great directions were given. I enjoyed almost as much as NYC. The tpac website lets you check how well you can see from your seat. The seating was comfy and the area was so clean. All staff were very helpful .

A suburb of Detroit
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great performance of Wicked”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We went to Nashville specifically to see this play, and we were not disappointed. The theater is not ornate, but it is clean and seems well kept. The seats offered a decent amount of legroom, which I always appreciate. We were towards the back of the main floor, right in the center of the house and felt our view was fantastic. It's a smaller theater, and laid out in such a way that I don't think there are any "bad" seats. The only bummer for me was that on their website it says they have valet parking, and I was kind of counting on that being in a city that I don't know at all. However, when we got there I did not see any valets, or even a place where they would sometimes be. So I'm not really sure what they are talking about on their website. Still, it didn't ruin our night and the play was great.

1 Thank Jennifer A
Shreveport, Louisiana
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Great Seating, Cramped Lobby”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Came to see wicked.

Had comfortable seats near the front center section. Only felt cramped when someone had to walk in front to get to their seat. Good acoustics and lighting. Lobby felt disproportionately small for the size theater.

Only one major complaint. They let people come to their seats after the show started. Not good.

Tennessee
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 46 helpful votes
“Wicked!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

We saw "Wicked" here and enjoyed the show tremendously. The docents are very helpful & friendly. Although our seats were prime, there probably is not a bad seat in the house.

Snacks, sodas, beer & cocktails can be purchased at several main areas; drinks can be brought into the theater. TPAC does have a valet service, but we did not use it. If you attend a big event here, prepare for long cab lines.
Restrooms are downstairs and you'll have to walk a bit to find them.

Visited March 2014