“Great Stay but Bathroom needs some TLC during cleaning !” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #50 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Hernando, Mississippi
“Great Stay but Bathroom needs some TLC during cleaning !”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We recently attended an event in White House Tn just North of Nashville and decided to stay here afterwards. The hotel was very nice the swimming pool and hot tub were indoors and very well maintained. We got a double queen room and the room was perfect for my family which includes two children under two. The staff was friendly helpful and very spot on with service. They do not offer a free breakfast but I never liked those anyhow and was happy to get star bucks pricey yet very good breakfast service. The hotel is close to all local sites. The only problem I had was that I had to clean the bathroom tile because there was a bunch of loose hairs on the floor and the bath mat from the previous tenant had lodged between back of bathroom door and tub which was kinda gross but I handled it.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, August 7, 2014
We appreciate you staying with us at the Courtyard by Marriott at Opryland! Thanks so much for your feedback and we are happy that you got to enjoy our great location, indoor pool and hot tub. I have passed on your comments about the bathroom to our head of housekeeping and that will be addressed. Thanks for your business and please come back and see us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Bangor, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Okay to temp stay at...but not up to Marriott's old standards...I'm finding they are really going downhill fast. i don't know why the change...but over the past 10 years, many Marriotts are like Days Inns....just worn and crappy.
This one was definitely smelly carpet (ROOM 402)..... needs some cleaning and updating. I had to turn on AC and blast for hours before I could begin to stay in the room.
I am VERY sensitive to smells like this...molds....and I survived but if I had a choice, I would have gone elsewhere.
Marriott has also decided to skimp on bedding....to have a sheet and little throw like comforter....just doesn't do it. I have to ask for extra blankets to be brought up and the front desk always gives me a hard time to bring 2 (one fore each bed).....WEELLLL if you put a comforter ON the bed I wouldn't need a blanket.
Anyway...I would not stay here again unless I absolutely had to. It was a good location to Opryland, but there is a VACANT hotel across the street that is WICKED SKETCHY....I MEAN SKETCHY.....I would not go by it at night....So that left me insecure....as this hotel is tucked in the corner kind of in the woods... but with the vacant building so close it's sketchy.
It's a DRIVE anywhere, you cannot walk.
The Grand Ole Opry is a must see.

Room Tip: no specifics...I always ask for a room away from others..but always get rooms piled on top of everyo...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Mainah65- thank your for your feedback and we are following up on all the items you mentioned. We apologize for any issues you may have experienced while staying with us and we do hope that you will come back and see us again as our guest's satisfaction is of utmost importance. We appreciate you mentioning our great location in relation to Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center and also the grand Ole Opry, Opry Mills Mall and the General Jackson Showboat along all the great restaurants and shops in this area. Concerning the building across the street, it has been demolished and is no longer there. Once again, we appreciate your comments- thanks!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2014

Check in was very easy very friendly front desk staff! I had to call front desk and ask why my credit card was charged a $160.00 instead of the 131.67 was told it would be credited back to my card and as of today it has not been.... We came in after a long day of shopping and my kids went to lay down and pulled back the sheets and there was blood stains on their sheets, which was nasty... I called the front desk the lady told us it would be a little while she was the only one at the front desk.... We waited about an hour and she brought them up and offered to change the bed but I did that on my own.... She was very apologetic..... Then we got up Sunday morning to get ready and the fire alarms starting going off, we went out into the hallway and the cleaning ladies said no problem and throwed their hands up..... We got ready to check out and went to get on the elevator and of course it wasn't working due to the fire alarms earlier.... We asked the cleaning lady where the stairs was and she walked us to the elevator to which we told her they did not work... She never did understand that we wanted the stairs we finally found them.... I went to check out and they never asked how our stay was but I told them and then she acted like she wasn't concerned at all about my concerns over the bedding and the fir alarm issue and elevator

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
kalyn123- thank you for your comments. The Courtyard by Marriott at Opryland hopes to always provide our guests with the best experience possible and when we fall short, your feedback enables us to improve. We have noted your comments and are following up with all the departments involved. We appreciate your great comments about our front desk and we are sorry that your overall stay was not satisfactory- we do hope that you come back and see us in the future. Thanks and best wishes!
Tuscumbia, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

My husband and I surprised our kids with a weekend away from home. We stayed here and really enjoyed it. The kids loved the indoor pool considering it was February. The staff was very friendly. The only problem we had was our air conditioning wasnt funtiong well. Our room was hot, so we slept with the sliding door cracked. The bus company behind the building would reverse all night and we heard the beeping. I blame it on the climate change. It was warm outside when we arrived, but the day we left it was cold. Overall we accomplished what we set out to do, and that was treat our kids to a weekend away, and spend the day at Opry Mills mall which was really close.

Room Tip: Check the unit before you unpack your luggage!!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
We're so happy you had a fun time with your family at the Courtyard by Marriott at Opryland and that your kids were able to take advantage of our indoor pool during February! We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will come see us again next time you are in Nashville or in the Opryland area!
Muscle Shoals, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Rooms were very large and comfortable...area was nice for an early morning walk...very friendly and helpful staff...will most likely return. Close to Opry Mills outlet and Opryland Hotel. Several nice restaurants close by.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
It's always good to hear when our guests have a great experience at the Courtyard by Marriott at Opryland her in Nashville TN and we appreciate you sharing your thoughts on TripAdvisor! Please come back and see us again next time you are in Music City!
Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Even though the check-in time is 3pm, our flight got my boyfriend and I in Nashville at 8am. The front desk staff was able to get us a clean room by 10am, even though they were booked solid the night before. The front desk staff also recommended nothing but AMAZING restaurants in the area. I have stayed in my fair share of Courtyards in my lifetime as I travel for work, and I would say that this is Courtyard is below "Courtyard" standards. The rooms are very standard and there is not much to do. It is one of those hotels you go to sleep only, but not really hang out at.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, July 9, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and your kind words about our staff! We appreciate your comments and are always striving to make the experience of our guests the best in every way. We appreciate you staying with us and please come back and see us next time you are in Nashville!
Saint Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We only stayed one night, but the location is great. We wanted to be near Opryland and Opryland Mills and this is right across the road. Room was clean, pool was clean, all staff we encountered were very friendly and accommodating. Wonderful place to stay in Nashville. Will be marked as a favorite for us for sure.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CourtyardOpryland, Director of Sales at Courtyard Nashville at Opryland, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Thanks for your comments! We appreciate your business and are happy you got to take advantage of our great location which as you mentioned is near Gaylord Opryland Resort and Convention Center, Opry Mills Mall, the General Jackson Showboat and only 10 minutes from downtown Nashville. Our staff loves to help our guests discover all the great things to do in Music City- please come see us again!

Been to Courtyard Nashville at Opryland? Share your experiences!