“Comfortable and suitably located” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End

You added Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1901 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #52 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Delhi
“Comfortable and suitably located”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I chose this hotel primarily because it offered me a good Vanderbilt rate. The hotel is a short walkable distance from Vanderbilt. A very functional hotel with no frills. I can say I was a bit disappointed by the size of the room with the king size bed. The hotel managed to accommodate us with two queen beds for the rest of the nights.. The rooms with the queen size beds are very good.
However, the bistro has limited hours ..
Choose only the rooms with the queen size beds on the 8 th floor in Tower 2 .

Room Tip: 8 th floor tower 2
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Turate, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We staied in this hotel for 2 nights (August 9,10), it was quite nice.
We had troubles in communicating with Italy, and Mrs. Monica Esmonde helped us to solve such problems. She was really very kind and we wish to thank her again.
Angela and Marco (Italy)

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I must say that this hotel has always been extremely accommodating during our stays over the past 7 years. We choose to stay here as a first choice. The updates since the renovations are fantastic. location for us during the Country Music Festival is ideal. We park the car and never have to use it in the five days we stay. The shuttle does a great job. The staff and especially the management are extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Belle Mead, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We just got here today to move my daughter back in to school. I've stayed at many local area hotels and this by far is my least favorite. Not only did I have to walk thru the side entrance through the restaurant bar area to get to the front desk to check in (hotel exterior was being painted) I had to remove the luggage from my trunk while the curbside associate sat in my car and waited! Room did not have the extra towels and pillows I had requested ahead of time AND had dirty glasses. They actually were used and one could see they were wiped down and put back. Gross. Opened the pullout and quickly closed it as there was not a mattress cover on it, but it did have hair. Super gross! Won't be back here again. Bummer. Courtyard Marriotts are usually a great stay. Not this one.

Stayed August 2014
Zsuzsa N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your time to share your recent experience with us. I’m sad to hear that we have failed to deliver the service expected. We will address the cleanliness issues and the staff service you have received from the valet team. We have a great history of receiving positive feedback about our valet team. I will be sure to address with both teams your concerns in order to avoid such a service failures from happening again.
I’m sorry that the entrance painting has caused an inconvenience, as our intentions were only to continue improvements in order to keep our product up to date and maintained.
We wish to regain your confidence; please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel in the event you decide to return in order to show you the hospitality and service we are proud of.
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I should preface this by saying that I typically stay in 4 and 5 star hotels and was supposed to stay at Lowes for a conference, but they were sold out so I booked here, even though it was more expensive and much more of a road-warrior hotel that probably expects less. (Nashville hotels are incredibly expensive now!)

I should've realized when I walked into my room and saw the ear plugs, that I wasn't going to get a good night's sleep. Sure enough, the restaurant that I could see from my room played live music at night and it was loud. Clearly this isn't the hotel's fault and they're doing what they can with the ear plugs, but keep it in mind before you book...

The good: Gary, who checked me in, was great. Amazingly warm and friendly. The valets were also very friendly. Also liked the Paul Mitchell amenities.

The bad: Noise from outside, gross stain on bedding

Room Tip: Ask to be as far away from live music as possible. I was on 5th floor and it was terrible.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Zsuzsa N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
We appreciate your review. As Nashville is one of the fastest growing cities the rates did increase year over year significantly, which we do understand it can be a great surprise to our travelers.
My apologies for the linen cleanliness you have encountered, I will be sure to address this with our housekeeping team to make sure it will not happen again.
I appreciate your feedback on the kind words about Gary and the Valet team, will be sure to recognize them.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

The hotel and room was nice and clean which is a good first start. The location is fantastic if you have a car, it isn't far from all the tourist stuff, but their are good restaurants and things right around it too.The parking could be a little rough if you get back later in the day. There was no concierge or real restaurant either, but we walked to the beautiful Hutton hotel across the street and got those things there. BTW the Row next door has good Breakfast. On a Friday night it got quite loud from the bar across the street from evening till about 3 or 4 AM. That was our biggest complaint. On our second trip there we asked for a quieter room, and we got one on the other side of the hotel and that helped a lot. The pool was also pretty nice, but their were several bachelor and bachelorette groups that hung out there drinking. The staff was very nice and helpful throughout the stay also.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Zsuzsa N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt. I’m sorry to hear that the music kept you awake from the nearby music venues on your first trip but I’m glad we were able to keep you away from it on your second trip. I also want to thank you for recognizing the staff being helpful, I will be sure to share your comments with them.
We hope that you will choose us again, and please feel free to request a room location as we are happy to accommodate special requests to make sure your stay is enjoyable.

Kind Regards
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

While the service staff were more than friendly and courteous I wish I could say the same for the desk and administrative help. All I can say is that the people that staff the check-in-information counters are not only cool to any guests requests, but in many cases down right obnoxious. If you plan on spending a fun time in Nashville, paying a hefty price per night, I would suggest looking for other options. If you do choose to stay at this establishment, do NOT rely on their supposed shuttle services. Take a cab; much easier on the nerves and quicker! Oh! Also check your bill at check out very carefully!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt in regards to your recent experience. Please accept my apologies for the negative impression the team has left on you. This is not the service we are known for as we aim to provide exceptional experience and outstanding customer service to every guest. I also apologize that the shuttle service didn’t meet your expectations.
Please be assured we will make the corrective action steps to improve customer service and further improve the shuttle service.
Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you return to the hotel as we would love to regain your confidence in us.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End? Share your experiences!