“Thank you Monica Esmonde” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End

You added Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1901 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #51 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Turate, Italy
“Thank you Monica Esmonde”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014 via mobile

We staied in this hotel for 2 nights (August 9,10), it was quite nice.
We had troubles in communicating with Italy, and Mrs. Monica Esmonde helped us to solve such problems. She was really very kind and we wish to thank her again.
Angela and Marco (Italy)

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I must say that this hotel has always been extremely accommodating during our stays over the past 7 years. We choose to stay here as a first choice. The updates since the renovations are fantastic. location for us during the Country Music Festival is ideal. We park the car and never have to use it in the five days we stay. The shuttle does a great job. The staff and especially the management are extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Belle Mead, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We just got here today to move my daughter back in to school. I've stayed at many local area hotels and this by far is my least favorite. Not only did I have to walk thru the side entrance through the restaurant bar area to get to the front desk to check in (hotel exterior was being painted) I had to remove the luggage from my trunk while the curbside associate sat in my car and waited! Room did not have the extra towels and pillows I had requested ahead of time AND had dirty glasses. They actually were used and one could see they were wiped down and put back. Gross. Opened the pullout and quickly closed it as there was not a mattress cover on it, but it did have hair. Super gross! Won't be back here again. Bummer. Courtyard Marriotts are usually a great stay. Not this one.

Stayed August 2014
Zsuzsa N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End, responded to this review, August 18, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for your time to share your recent experience with us. I’m sad to hear that we have failed to deliver the service expected. We will address the cleanliness issues and the staff service you have received from the valet team. We have a great history of receiving positive feedback about our valet team. I will be sure to address with both teams your concerns in order to avoid such a service failures from happening again.
I’m sorry that the entrance painting has caused an inconvenience, as our intentions were only to continue improvements in order to keep our product up to date and maintained.
We wish to regain your confidence; please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel in the event you decide to return in order to show you the hospitality and service we are proud of.
San Francisco, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

I should preface this by saying that I typically stay in 4 and 5 star hotels and was supposed to stay at Lowes for a conference, but they were sold out so I booked here, even though it was more expensive and much more of a road-warrior hotel that probably expects less. (Nashville hotels are incredibly expensive now!)

I should've realized when I walked into my room and saw the ear plugs, that I wasn't going to get a good night's sleep. Sure enough, the restaurant that I could see from my room played live music at night and it was loud. Clearly this isn't the hotel's fault and they're doing what they can with the ear plugs, but keep it in mind before you book...

The good: Gary, who checked me in, was great. Amazingly warm and friendly. The valets were also very friendly. Also liked the Paul Mitchell amenities.

The bad: Noise from outside, gross stain on bedding

Room Tip: Ask to be as far away from live music as possible. I was on 5th floor and it was terrible.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Zsuzsa N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End, responded to this review, August 15, 2014
We appreciate your review. As Nashville is one of the fastest growing cities the rates did increase year over year significantly, which we do understand it can be a great surprise to our travelers.
My apologies for the linen cleanliness you have encountered, I will be sure to address this with our housekeeping team to make sure it will not happen again.
I appreciate your feedback on the kind words about Gary and the Valet team, will be sure to recognize them.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

The hotel and room was nice and clean which is a good first start. The location is fantastic if you have a car, it isn't far from all the tourist stuff, but their are good restaurants and things right around it too.The parking could be a little rough if you get back later in the day. There was no concierge or real restaurant either, but we walked to the beautiful Hutton hotel across the street and got those things there. BTW the Row next door has good Breakfast. On a Friday night it got quite loud from the bar across the street from evening till about 3 or 4 AM. That was our biggest complaint. On our second trip there we asked for a quieter room, and we got one on the other side of the hotel and that helped a lot. The pool was also pretty nice, but their were several bachelor and bachelorette groups that hung out there drinking. The staff was very nice and helpful throughout the stay also.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Zsuzsa N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End, responded to this review, August 11, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review the Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt. I’m sorry to hear that the music kept you awake from the nearby music venues on your first trip but I’m glad we were able to keep you away from it on your second trip. I also want to thank you for recognizing the staff being helpful, I will be sure to share your comments with them.
We hope that you will choose us again, and please feel free to request a room location as we are happy to accommodate special requests to make sure your stay is enjoyable.

Kind Regards
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

While the service staff were more than friendly and courteous I wish I could say the same for the desk and administrative help. All I can say is that the people that staff the check-in-information counters are not only cool to any guests requests, but in many cases down right obnoxious. If you plan on spending a fun time in Nashville, paying a hefty price per night, I would suggest looking for other options. If you do choose to stay at this establishment, do NOT rely on their supposed shuttle services. Take a cab; much easier on the nerves and quicker! Oh! Also check your bill at check out very carefully!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest, Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt in regards to your recent experience. Please accept my apologies for the negative impression the team has left on you. This is not the service we are known for as we aim to provide exceptional experience and outstanding customer service to every guest. I also apologize that the shuttle service didn’t meet your expectations.
Please be assured we will make the corrective action steps to improve customer service and further improve the shuttle service.
Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you return to the hotel as we would love to regain your confidence in us.
Jasper, GA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I have stayed in this hotel multiple times, but this was the least satisfying of my stays at the hotel. This is a recently renovated Courtyard. It is clean and well maintained. The rooms have mid-level furniture, a mini-fridge and mid-level bathroom facilities. The staff appears to be appropriately caring. There are two housing towers in the hotel.

But there are huge how evers on this particular visit. First I was given a room on the end next to West End Avenue..big mistake. There was noise all night long. I would encourage you not to accept a room ending in 25 through 28 in the front tower to avoid the noise.

Second, being at the end of the hall the wifi reception was miserable and the connection was very slow. They do offer wifi for a fee and I was using the free wifi, but it should not be this slow.

The alarm clock in the room was turned on for 4:30 AM by the previous tenant and went off. Perhaps I should have checked, but that should be a task handled by housekeeping.

Finally, the room was very cold and it took a while to get it adjusted. I think they were running the AC fans on high to mask the road noise.

Finally, the price. With taxes it was $265, much too much for what you receive. Nashville is an expensive hotel town, but this is out of control.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms ending in 25-28 in the front building of the two.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Your comments regarding your stay at the Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt are very important to us. We want customers to enjoy their stay and I’m sad to hear that the noise level by your room was too loud and made it less enjoyable.
As we have not been experiencing slow service from our WIFI you could have been connected to the wrong access point as we have two different access points for the Lobby and Guest rooms and the Lobby does not have enough strength to reach guest rooms. My apologies for the confusion and we are looking at the internet service further to make sure the speed is efficient and there are no concerns in the future.
I’m sorry about the alarm being set in your room; we will remind and retrain the housekeeping team to make sure to check all alarm clocks. I’m hoping that you have reported the issues with the AC during your visit so we can appropriately fix the issue, otherwise please don’t hesitate to reach out to me.
As Nashville is becoming a popular destination not only because of the Music Industry but the new convention center bring more business travelers in town, room rates continue to rise based on the high demand and unfortunately to our guests Nashville hotels have become very pricy.
The next time you visit us please feel free to ask for me personally so we can make sure that your stay is everything that is expected.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End? Share your experiences!