“Nice hotel, great shuttle to downtown” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End

You added Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1901 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #52 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
New York City, New York
“Nice hotel, great shuttle to downtown”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Nice hotel, friendly and attentive staff with a clean, nice room. The location is actually pretty good too, if you wanted to, you could walk to Vanderbuilt or the downtown area, but the hotel provides a free shuttle to almost anywhere you want to go. The shuttle drivers were friendly and funny and made the stay even more pleasant. I would recommend this hotel, especially because it is reasonably priced.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Our first trip to Nashville for the CMA fan fest was wonderful. From the moment we walked in to the Marriott Vanderbilt. The staff was amazing. Check in was fast and efficient. Everyone had smiles on their faces. They were knowledgeable about what all was going on.
The staff was a true example of Southern Hospitality.

Room Tip: a room that faces the street.
Green Features: I like that they had option on the environmentally practice.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

This was a pretty nice hotel with nothin special or bad about it.

The parking garage has a steep slope and will scratch the bottom of your car when you leave. Good thing I had a rental.

Starbucks cafe was very nice with good grab and go food options in the AM.

The shower was a bit odd without a door on one side. I got water everywhere. I never did understand that style...

A perfectly fine hotel

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

When I got there, I was a little uncertain abut my choice walking in since it seems just slightly on the funky side for a Courtyard. But I ended up really liking it. Very welcoming at reception. Rooms were comfortable, location was good since it was near my conference and Vanderbilt , staff was fantastic (I think Lisa was the person who really stood out), and they provided shuttle service around town. Nice little restaurant sort of thing downstairs. I was afraid noise would be an issue since I a sensitive to it, but not a problem at all. If I was visiting Nashville in order to see the music, I probably would have chosen to stay closer to downtown, but this place was a great choice if you need to be in the West End area. Would be happy to come back if my plans called for it.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Clearwater, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2014

Stayed 5 nights during the 2014 CMA Musicfest. Our first positive experience was with Lisa as a lobby ambassador over the phone. I called to ask for a "quiet" room and to inquire about airport transportation. I had a pleasant conversation with her and she assured me that she knew just where to put us. We checked in with Gary, and while I wasn't sure about not having a balcony, he guaranteed me that I would be happy with my room and he was certainly right. Excellent diplomacy. Checkout was with Michael, who went out of his way to correct a billing error, schedule our taxi, and also store our luggage for a few hours. Three cheers to these front door personnel!!

Although the hotel is close enough to downtown to walk, we mostly took the shuttle back and forth and had great personalized, reliable service (along with some rousing entertainment) especially from shuttle drivers, Bobby and Bubba (James).

Then there was housekeeping and maintenance. I left a note, asking for a couple of extra coffee packets each day and whenever Mary was our housekeeper, she made sure that we were taken care of. On a day when she wasn't there, my husband left the room in search of more coffee and ran into a maintenance worker, Calvin, who dropped what he was doing, went down and got coffee for us and brought it up himself! What service!

While these were the people that stood out for us during our visit, all of the hotel staff was pleasant and personable. Management here must be doing something right to have that many people so on board with customer service. Kudos!!!

Zero complaints about the room, the cleanliness, the elevator, the WiFi or anything else. Would definately recommend and would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you're after quiet - high floor, inside room, Tower 2. There's a bit of street noise, bu...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at the hotel. The hotel was conveniently located relative to the Vanderbilt Campus. However our most memorable experience was the helpfulness of the front desk. When we needed a battery, Lisa at the desk went out of her way to find one for us. When we needed scissors to wrap a present she was there for us again. We are pleased to offer our enthusiastic recommendation.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Zsuzsa N, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to post your kind recognition of Lisa. It means a lot for our associates when our guests take time to give them positive feedback, and it gives use the opportunity to celebrate our high performers. Lisa is sure our champion when it comes to making our guests feel special; she is a great example of the service we strive to provide.
Thank you again for your feedback and hope to welcome you back soon.
Gonzales, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is close to everything we wanted to see. It made everything easy to Find. The staff was great, especially the gal who helped serve the great breakfast in the mornings. She was a delight. I believe here name was Nicole. The rooms were clean and got cold like we like it. The towels were too thin for me. The first day we got cookies. Don't know if we just missed them the other days or they didn't have them. Plenty of parking. Comfortable beds. Not sure they were the cheapest or nicest hotel but they were nice enough for sure to recommend to someone. They are in the Vanderbilt area of town. There were not many restaurants in that area which was odd for a college area. Safe enough area to walk or run

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End? Share your experiences!