While a review made at this date regarding a stay during this past April must be questioned as to its timeliness, I wish to make the focus of the review the Bistro Food and Beverage concept Marriott appears to be adopting throughout its Courtyard brand.
First, let's dispense with the basics regarding the April stay; room rate was simply a property of supply and demand as it is with any major brand chain hotel and was acceptable to me. Room cleanliness staff courtesy - all to Marriott standards. My auto was perfectly safeguarded with valet parking.
But now to the Bistro; I respect that Marriott is attempting to make use of the space allocated to Food and Beverage service more productive in that they can offer bar and restaurant service throughout the day. rather than the previous model of Breakfast only and with some locations offering Bar service. A further plus for the hotel is it would appear that when hosting events within their meeting rooms, they can now prepare on premises whatever a sponsor reasonably requires for the event. It would seem with the past Food & Beverage facility, they would have to go off premises for catering to such an event.
So much for this Guest's perception of the business plan, but I'm sorry, Mr. J.W, this Guest preferred the previous arrangement. I always have enjoyed the full service Buffet Breakfast that Courtyard has offered, which has always been on a par with that I have found at full-service Marriott branded properties (sorry; can't help you with JW or Four Seasons brands). Instead of full service, there is now a fast food restaurant experience of 'line up and pay up' (staff will bring your selection to your table). All told, the experience was disappointing.
While this property had always offered bar service, the Bar was 'tucked away' in a small nook, and I will bet that some guests desiring a Nightcap were unaware it was there. The more visible location of the Bar should only enhance a converted Courtyard property's beverage sales.
Let's simply close this review with a media outlet's one time tagline - 'We report, you decide'.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Newly Renovated Rooms/Lobby/Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Marriott, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End Hotel Nashville
- Courtyard Nashville Vanderbilt
- Nashville Marriott
- Nashville Courtyard