“Clean, comfortable and quiet” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1901 West End Avenue, Nashville, TN 37203   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #38 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Clean, comfortable and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

That is top 3 criteria for a hotel for business. i'm not looking for a luxury spa.
This location is great, the staff were helpful and the hotel was just right. Very comfortable room. I'd stay again. Valet park your car to avoid parking hassles.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

122 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

Comfortable, clean and convenient - a recent stay at the newly updated Courtyard offered all three and more. Our room with a small balcony overlooking the pool was clean, fresh smelling with all the amenties, remote, coffee maker, etc. in working order. The standard room had two queen beds, both very comfortable, I can offer no comment on the pillows as I travel with my own. Each bed had it's own lamp with a built-in power outlet always a plus. A work station area with more outlets made powering up a breeze. This area also had a comforable work chair and an expandable desk which provided plenty of surface for spreading out. After a lengthy car ride the strong water pressure and adjustable head in the shower was just the thing to revive and refresh.The vanity area is separated by a door from the toilet and tub/shower - a good thing anytime but especially when sharing a room.

The staff - front desk, valet and maid service were all friendly, courteous and helpful. The design of the hotel provides numerous sitting or conversation areas if traveling with a group and need a place to hang out. There is a daily charge for parking but no in and out fees. The location is convenient to Music Row, the Ryman Theater, the Parthenon and several college campuses including Vanderbilt University with the hotel providing a free shuttle to locations within a 3 mile radius.

I enjoyed my stay, recommend it for others and will stay here again if the opportunity arises..

Room Tip: ask for a room with an "open" balcony
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Marlborough, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

Hotel has been recently updated. Rooms are clean. Couch could be more comfortable. Plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Closet door broke and front desk had maintenance up within minutes. Shuttle will take you anywhere within 3 miles of hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I had a negative experience at a Marriott a few years ago and haven't been back since that experience. I was spending the weekend in Nashville and booked this room based on what was available at the time and the price I wanted to pay. I admit I was reluctant to come back after dealing with some of their staff last time. My husband and I stayed here for a Friday and Saturday night in May 2013.

The property has a good location. There are many restaurants and bars within a very short walk from here. I had a fantastic breakfast at one of them. We walked to the downtown area as well - it was about a mile and a half and not a bad walk, but we love walking on vacations. It's how you really see the city!

The lobby was nice, there was a 24/7 café where you could grab some food, coffee and drinks. Hotel prices for food are always high and this was no exception. We did not get anything here but I always appreciate the possibility if I should want something.

The room was very nice. The room was clean (I am extremely worried about staying places with bed bugs - never have but don't want there to be a first time!) and roomy. Our view was awful but I don't go somewhere to look out the window in my hotel. The bed, as all Marriott beds usually are, was very comfortable. The pillows were not to either my or my husband's tastes, but they did give us 4 pillows that weren't the same so you at least have some options. We were in a room right outside of the elevator and at first I was completely disappointed because I thought the noise of people getting on and off the elevator would disturb us but it didn't.

Here is where this property lost it's potential 5th star - the parking situation. When we first arrived we valeted since we still needed to check in before we could self park in the garage. Valet parking is $22/day and self parking is $16. We checked in, had zero conversation about the parking, and went to our room. Later when we left and needed to drive to the Opry, we told the valet we were going to self park when we got back. He said that was fine but we would need this ticket from the front desk in order to park (to display in the window). My husband went back inside, got the ticket and away we went. When we got back, it was much colder than when we had left and it was raining. We attempted to get into the garage (you have to swipe your room key) and could not get in but the valet buzzed us in. We had to park on the 3rd level and beware, these spaces are TIGHT and we have a compact car! We tried to enter all the doors in the parking garage to the hotel and our keys didn't work. We had to walk all the way around the garage to get back to the lobby and we were freezing since the temperature had significantly dropped since we had left. We went to the front desk and my husband told the SAME woman who gave him the ticket to park what had happened. She proceeded to tell us that we were supposed to have been told when we checked in that we had to declare how we were going to park (no one asked a single thing about parking when we checked in) and she said at least 3 times during her spiel that she was not the person who had checked us in (which we were well aware of). She then proceeded to act as if it was our fault that we did not know that they had to activate our keys for the garage on check in. She spoke to us in both a rude and accusatory tone. We tried to explain again that this was not told to us. Both my husband and I had to bite our tongues - the customer is always right. Even when the customer is not right (we were right in this particular situation), the customer is always right. A business should never, ever blame the customer. She finally fixed our keys and we went on our way. Neither my husband nor I appreciate the way we have been treated by certain staff at Marriotts. Marriott must have a problem hiring people that understand that an unhappy customer not only doesn't come back, they now blog about their negative experiences. I work hard for my money and when I am on vacation I prefer to not be scolded by staff of places I am staying at. I have stayed in many places around the world and the only places we have encountered staff like this have been at Marriotts. (Dear Marriott, this particular employee was working the late Friday night shift at the front desk)

The Saturday night we stayed I was woken up at 2:30am by a hotel guest SCREAMING at management in the hallway. I know she was yelling at management because she kept shrieking "YOU ARE MANAGEMENT!!!!". I ended up calling the front desk and telling them they needed to take care of that and they said they had security on it - the screaming stopped about 5 minutes later, but not early enough for me to not be wide awake after that.

The remainder of the stay was pleasant. Check out was easy and the rest of the staff there was great. The valets were always friendly and said hi to us as did the guys carrying the luggage for other guests.

Since this is now the second time I have stayed at a Marriott with rude staff, I won't be going back to them (I am also guessing the woman who was screaming on our floor won't be back either!). Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. I would be a fool to try to spend my hard earned dollars at another Marriott only to get scolded by another staff member. There are too many other hotels out there to stay at for that to happen again to us! I do find that unfortunate for them because their properties are nice and comfortable, but I just can't deal with inappropriate staff.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I stayed at this hotel over the weekend. It has recently been updated. The staff was friendly and helpful. They even provided me with an umbrella for the rainy weekend. The room was nicely furnished, clean and had everything we needed for the weekend. The pillows however were not very comfortable. I did not request extras or ask for different ones. The food was not that great, I ordered an Egg/BLT sandwich for breakfast and was very disappointed. This hotel also charges for parking which I don't agree with unless you choose to valet. The wifi was free.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
three way tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

A terriffic location and night's rest.
very friendly staff, stunning decor, and a great night's rest.
The property is well kept, adjacent to Vandy, and easy to navigate as a home base.
A number of social areas keeps you from being lumped together with the rest of the guests.

Room Tip: TIP: Ask for tower 2 - quieter and away from traffic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Courtyard hosted marathon runners and their cheer squads. What amazing service! Courtyard had full breakfast at 4:30 AM for the runners - towels, waters, gatorades, and more after the race. Laundry facilities rocked since the race was rain-deluged. Location was perfect for the race start and for viewing. The shuttle took good care of us spectators. We loved this hotel and its staff. Thank you for such a great Nashville experience.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DOSJohnston, Director of Sales at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to submit a review. Your review is better than anything I could have advertised on my own. We truly enjoy marathon weekend as we have over 30,000 people come to Nashville in support of St. Jude Children's Research with the Country Music Marathon and we at the hotel do our part in supporting those of you who stay with us. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time in Nashville and look forward to seeing you next year!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Vanderbilt/West End? Share your experiences!