“This place should be shut down!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Nashville/Downtown/Opryland

You added Super 8 Nashville/Downtown/Opryland to your Saves list
Super 8 Nashville/Downtown/Opryland
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3320 Dickerson Pike, I-65 Exit 90 (Dickerson Pike), Nashville, TN 37207   |
Ranked #134 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Charlotte, North Carolina
“This place should be shut down!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I don't usually complain and really don't like to hear it but I have to write this review with hopes that it will keep someone from making the same mistake. If you like nasty and I repeat NASTY carpet that will make your feet dirty,the pool out of order and green,stains on the sheets, different places where it looked like something had been running down the wall then this is your place. I am only posting this not to be mean but this is really not a good choice..Oh and the "downtown part" it cost 20.00 for the taxi to get to town..each way.. the owners could not care less about their customers..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was a no frills hotel, but nice place to stay for the cheap price we paid. Best part of the stay was the great location of the hotel to all the places we needed to go while in Nashville this weekend. Easy on/off to major highway and lots of eating places located near hotel. Air conditioner in the room worked best we have ever had one work and this was a must since the temps outside were in the 90's all weekend. Room was clean, but was wierd that it was non-smoking room and hallway, but the hallway smelled of smoke. Beds were comfortable, but pillows were very flat and not comfortable. We discovered next morning that our door would not latch when shut, but luckily the deadbolt worked. Had someone come work on the latch, but they could not get it fixed. Told us to just slam door and it would latch. That worked some of the time. Toilet stopped up last morning and we asked for a plunger. Desk clerk said he would bring plunger, but never showed up. We had to check out and leave the toilet stopped up. I told the clerk about it and the bad door latch upon checkout, but since he didn't speak much English, I'm not sure he understood. Overall, the saying, you get what you pay for is true with this hotel. We would stay again because the cheap price and central location was good for our needs for the weekend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Harwood Hts,IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

First they gave us a room with no air condition ,the fellow at front desk told us to wait to cool down the room, it never happened my wife got sick,, finally hour and half later I call him to check that was not cooling, so he decided to move us to the 3 floor, AC was ok but when I try to put some pops in the fridge the freezer tray was full of water and make a big mess, I have to cleaned, then The TV remote didn't work call again the Front Desk fellow, told me will be there in 5 minutes never come up, I had to go down to get another remote and do the set up myself, then at 3.30 am the smoke alarm went on ,it seemed that the battery was exhausted, so I have to climb in the bed to pull it out but couldn't stop making noise ,so I wrapped it in a towel and took it downstairs where the Front Desk employee laugh about it and told me that he will replace the battery he couldn't opened , he told me that alarm is only for people not to smoke I responded we don't smoke and that alarm has a purpose to be there in case of real fire, he told me next day will be fix,3 days later was not fixed I try to talk to Harry the manager, but seems he was never available, This hotel needs to be fix all the way we always stay there when we go to Nashville but I guest this bad experience is enough and won't return any more , It's not worth it to lose 1 day of my vacation because my wife got sick staying in one super hot room for more than 1 hour, hopefully this comment will help and something has to be done

• Liked — none
  • Disliked — TV channels
  • Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Alberta Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

Complain complain we have have stayed 2 years at this hotel and have booked again for next year yes it is a family ran hotel smart people as for a fancy room with all of the best try downtown U will have to pay alot more but then u would have something to complain about. Nothing wrong with this hotel for the price u pay..

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
Oklahmom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2008

The room was alright. Breakfast was white bread and ceral only if they didn't run out. The hall on the non smoking floor reeked of smoke. Lobby, stairs, elevator, and halls were worn and dirty. The room key would not work. The staff spoke and understood very little english. Will not stay again.

• Liked — fridge and microwave in room
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
tulsa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2008

this hotel says it was rennovated in 2007. Some rooms may have been, but it looks like a coat of paint and some new light fixtures. we were given a room right next to the elevator on 2nd floor. Walked in and it was horrible. The recliner looked like they pulled it out of a trash dumpster. the curtains were horrible and there was a bug on the wall. we asked for a different room after going to my sisters room and it looked like a different hotel. I told the guy that our room was bad and we wanted one like my sisters room and we were all paying the same price. They gave us one a few doors down and it was almost as bad. We didnt have time to deal with it and went ahead and moved our luggage. we got online and contacted a hotel and checked out the following morning since it was 11 pm when we got back from the grand ole opry. Got a room at the fairfield inn. much better. the second room had blood on the wall. the mattresses looked like they came from 1960's with the old blue stripes on them. My sisters room had a nice new simmons mattress. they stayed there and told us the housekeeper started cleaning at 10 am and was still cleaning the floor at 7 pm. Her child was running around the whole time. the guy we dealt with tried to help after we told him we checked out. gave him every opportunity to get us a better room. ti is also not downtown.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

First the location was right off the highway but the traffic noise could not have been heard. The front desk clerk was awesome, helping us everyway possible, I even think if we asked him how to get to the moon he would have gotten us there!! It was a pleasant suprise for a Super 8 hotel and the price was very affordable, I would have even paid more!! Very close to Opryland area. The room was very clean and spacious and plenty of parking. The pool was also very clean and well kept

Stayed May 2008

Been to Super 8 Nashville/Downtown/Opryland? Share your experiences!