“I would have rather slept in the parking lot.” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Nashville/Downtown/Opryland

You added Super 8 Nashville/Downtown/Opryland to your Saves list
Super 8 Nashville/Downtown/Opryland
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3320 Dickerson Pike, I-65 Exit 90 (Dickerson Pike), Nashville, TN 37207   |
Ranked #134 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Cincinnati, Ohio
“I would have rather slept in the parking lot.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2011 via mobile

Let me start by saying my stay here was arranged by Hotwire, and I was totally blind as to where I'd be staying when I paid for it. Do Not Do This! That said, one last stay between Panama City and Cincinnati landed us here. I should have run screaming when the trucker paid cash for his evening with his lovely young lady... No, scratch that, his toothless crackhead prostitute. I should have run screaming when I saw the carpet behind the counter blackened by lack of cleaning. I should have run screaming at the similarities of the air inside the hotel and of the darkest trough-equipped mens' room in a Broadway dive. You've read it if you've read any other review of this place. Let me add the nice pressboard furniture was deteriorating and missing parts. I felt itchy after having been in there. My wife refused to sleep there. She said she would sleep in the car. Who could blame her? After weighing options and shuffling money, we shopped around and found the Hyatt Place in Brentwood to be super nice. Ten times the hotel for twice the money. We're pressing all involved for refunds, and begging Hotwire to stop giving these guys business. Crap hotels deserve to go out of business. If the owner of the hotel might be reading this... Have a nice day, sir.

• Stayed November 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2011

Reserved online, asked for a room away from the highway noise. When we checked in the elevator was under repair, we were asked to wait for 30 mins. We went checking the area,upon returning elevator was still not fixed, asked the repair man how much longer,he sad about 45 mins. We went up the stairs to our room on the 3rd floor. My wife wanted to wash her hair, no hair dryer, asked for one, attendant said she would bring it later. The sink plunger did not work, a man came up repaired it, it still didn't work. found a hair dryer in a drawer later.After awhile realized our room was on the highway side, lots of road noise.Later noticed smoke alarm and bathroom fan coning off the ceiling, also dust webs hanging from the ceiling and carpets filthy dirty. Do not recommend staying at. Also no one was around at 8:00 am to turn on the juice machine, juice was warm,only two pieces of white bread for toast. To me this doesn't stand as a Super Breakfast as advertised on the online add. I had to ring the buzzer to check our at 9:00 am. Cheap is not recommended at this place.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Marlborough, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2010

to start off the bathroom fan did not work , the toilet seat was broken off of the toilet. we stayed two days, the second day we got not towels until after 4 in the afternoon,. the beds were not made for us. the trash not emptied, the bathroom was not cleaned they came and took out the dirty towels and left no clean ones. the matress had no mattress covers on them and were filthy with stains, company said they would send us a check, never got it,. pictures to follow,

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
Traverse City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

Clean, quiet and safe makes 4-star. Linen and furnishing thin, bed soft. Not located well on Dickerson Pike.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2010

I don't usually complain and really don't like to hear it but I have to write this review with hopes that it will keep someone from making the same mistake. If you like nasty and I repeat NASTY carpet that will make your feet dirty,the pool out of order and green,stains on the sheets, different places where it looked like something had been running down the wall then this is your place. I am only posting this not to be mean but this is really not a good choice..Oh and the "downtown part" it cost 20.00 for the taxi to get to town..each way.. the owners could not care less about their customers..

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Lexington, Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

This was a no frills hotel, but nice place to stay for the cheap price we paid. Best part of the stay was the great location of the hotel to all the places we needed to go while in Nashville this weekend. Easy on/off to major highway and lots of eating places located near hotel. Air conditioner in the room worked best we have ever had one work and this was a must since the temps outside were in the 90's all weekend. Room was clean, but was wierd that it was non-smoking room and hallway, but the hallway smelled of smoke. Beds were comfortable, but pillows were very flat and not comfortable. We discovered next morning that our door would not latch when shut, but luckily the deadbolt worked. Had someone come work on the latch, but they could not get it fixed. Told us to just slam door and it would latch. That worked some of the time. Toilet stopped up last morning and we asked for a plunger. Desk clerk said he would bring plunger, but never showed up. We had to check out and leave the toilet stopped up. I told the clerk about it and the bad door latch upon checkout, but since he didn't speak much English, I'm not sure he understood. Overall, the saying, you get what you pay for is true with this hotel. We would stay again because the cheap price and central location was good for our needs for the weekend.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Harwood Hts,IL
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2009

First they gave us a room with no air condition ,the fellow at front desk told us to wait to cool down the room, it never happened my wife got sick,, finally hour and half later I call him to check that was not cooling, so he decided to move us to the 3 floor, AC was ok but when I try to put some pops in the fridge the freezer tray was full of water and make a big mess, I have to cleaned, then The TV remote didn't work call again the Front Desk fellow, told me will be there in 5 minutes never come up, I had to go down to get another remote and do the set up myself, then at 3.30 am the smoke alarm went on ,it seemed that the battery was exhausted, so I have to climb in the bed to pull it out but couldn't stop making noise ,so I wrapped it in a towel and took it downstairs where the Front Desk employee laugh about it and told me that he will replace the battery he couldn't opened , he told me that alarm is only for people not to smoke I responded we don't smoke and that alarm has a purpose to be there in case of real fire, he told me next day will be fix,3 days later was not fixed I try to talk to Harry the manager, but seems he was never available, This hotel needs to be fix all the way we always stay there when we go to Nashville but I guest this bad experience is enough and won't return any more , It's not worth it to lose 1 day of my vacation because my wife got sick staying in one super hot room for more than 1 hour, hopefully this comment will help and something has to be done

• Liked — none
  • Disliked — TV channels
  • Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Super 8 Nashville/Downtown/Opryland? Share your experiences!