“Expected WAY Better!” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #67 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Terre Haute, IN
“Expected WAY Better!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

While booking this hotel, one of the main reasons we booked was because it was supposedly remodeled recently and it was one of Choice Hotels Designed to Dream hotels. I've stayed in Sleep Inn's before, as well as other Choice Hotels, and know what to expect. This location needs help! It doesn't look like it's in too safe of an area, the back entrance to the hotel is missing a whole entire lock in the door so you can see right through it, the back entrance was filthy, our room was dusty, with bugs on the window ledge inside the room. The knob was broken on the air conditioner unit, there was paint on the back of the door, the shower door was broken but a shower curtain had been put up. For supposedly being remodeled and a designed to dream place, I was not impressed. Then we went to breakfast the next morning, no tongs to pick up your bread and pastries, just had to use your hands...GROSS! I did complain to front desk and then called Choice Privileges and they gave me some of my hotel points back. We would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Anish P, General Manager at Sleep Inn Nashville, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
I would like to start off by saying thank you for your feedback as your opinion is important to us. I want to first apologize for your experience that you had with us. As a manager, it disturbs me that simple things are not getting done when I am not here. I have reviewed the issues with the room with my housekeepers and it has been corrected. As for the breakfast, I have talked to my attendants to make sure that they know where everything is for the breakfast and where to find everything. It was not acceptable that they did not put tongs out in the area because they could not find them. As far as the back door goes, it has an electronic lock that we control from the front desk. It is locked from sun down to sun up, no exceptions. Again I do sincerely apologize and hope that you can give our hotel another chance so you can see for yourself the improvements we have made. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

This was not the worst place I have stayed in but it was close. We checked in late and there was a strong chemical/cleaning smell in the lobby, it was unpleasant. The bathroom door was very heavy and hard to open and close. The walls were very thin and there were very loud people above us that we heard all night, they were still awake when we were getting up in the morning. We were told there were hot items at the continental breakfast but none were to be found and there was only one bagel left and we were there pretty early. We had multiple rooms and the rooms got charged to the wrong credit cards and had to be straightened out. Overall, not a good experience and I would not go back. The staff at the desk were friendly though.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
I would like to start off by saying thank you for your feedback as your opinion is important to us. I want to apologize for your recent experience that you had with us. I have talked with my maintenance engineer and we have taken care of the bathroom door. The front desk cleans every so often in the lobby and must have used a little too much cleaning liquid. I have talked to them to make sure that it doesn't have the over whelming smell that you encountered anymore. As for the other guest that were loud, we do try to make sure that there are not overly loud guest that are with us. Clearly on that night, it slipped by us. We have taken a more proactive method in preventing guests from keeping other guests awake at night. My front desk clerks do rounds every hour now to make sure there is nothing going on. Again I do sincerely apologize for your recent stay and hope that you can give our hotel another opportunity to show you the improvements we have made. Thank you.
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

Very easy to find on Dickerson Pike but beware of the steep entrance and exit onto a very busy street! The front lobby smelled very clean, almost like bleach, which is unusual but encouraging on entry! The room was fine but the bathroom door, which was a very heavy wooden sliding door, was very difficult to move as it had no handle. I can't imagine what it would be like for a child or elderly person. Also the hot water tap worked in reverse and the cold water was normal, so that was a balancing act! Returning from the city was also an eye opener as the hotel sign wasn't lit up in the dark and if we hadn't remembered that the Waffle House was two doors up we would have missed the hotel completely.

But to finish in a positive note, the bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in, so I hope that encourages people to return! Unfortunately the a/c even switched to the low setting was blowing the air straight onto me all night, the direction could not be regulated, so that woke me often. This may have been just in our room though, I'm not sure. A good place for a short stay, handy to reach the city from, it's almost a straight drive into the city cnetre.

Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Hotel is about 7 miles from downtown Nashville but Dickerson Pike takes you right into where you want to be. Desk staff were VERY pleasant and helpful.

The hotel could use a little work though. Our room (not sure of others) had a strange door to the bathroom. It is a sliding door made of heavy wood with nothing to grip it. It was hard to close and I suspect a great many people out there would have trouble closing or opening it at all. Quirky too was the reverse hot water faucet on the sink. It turns on by pushing it away from you, but the cold is normal. A quirk only.

The room was clean and spacious. The fridge and micro wave are fine and clean.

We were in Nashville rather late and coming back over the unfamiliar road we didn't notice the hotel until we saw the Waffle House sign (right next door). There was no outside illumination on the Sleep Inn at all. In addition the entrance is a really steep and sharp turn off a very busy road.

The breakfast room was clean but the breakfast itself was not very welcoming.

A decent spot for a visit to Nashville for sure so it gets 3 stars for that and being as clean as it is.

Room Tip: A/C unit cannot be directed. It blows directly over the bed. We had to keep the fan on and window cl...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Motorcycled in late, tried checking in to 2 other hotels with no availability. Sleep Inn, I'd heard of, but never tried before. The front desk personnel were extremely friendly and helpful. The pool had been over-chlorinated and was not ready for guests, but the free breakfast included some hot items. Even after arriving with only 15 min. left for breakfast, the server offered us eggs any way, waffles to our content. Keep in mind, this is not gourmet, but good. No fresh fruit, but that was easily understandable. Comfortable beds, clean rooms, newly branded lobby & rooms, decor and delightful staff made up for the shortage elsewhere. PRICE WAS VERY NICE!

Room Tip: Inquire to a discount, i.e. military, AAA, Seniors, etc.
Baltimore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

I think the letter that I wrote to the manager is review enough...

Hotel General Manager,

I am staying in room 123. I am a frequent traveler for business who spends approx 45 weeks peryear in hotels. This is one of the worstrooms I have been placed in. First yourpictures on your site are not representative of this room, the furniture inhere is older and different. As this isone of your designed to dream locations I would have expected more. Here are a few of the issues.

Flourescent lights above the bed continually flicker and are not tolerable.
The Iron has rust and stains on it. I did not discover this until the AM and was forced to go to an appointment wearing clothes that were not pressed.
The refrigerator is missing a leg, however a folded beer holder has been placed underneath of it to level the unit(nice touch)
I lost $1.00 in the vending machine, but could not find someone at the desk to refund or assist. Gave up on this, not worth standing around for $1.00.
The bed sheets have scribbling on them I would guess from a previous guests child. Were the sheets changed?
The bed is like sleeping on a springless brick.
Room has no evacuation or other postings on the door.

I have considered changing hotels for the remainder of theweek, however I have a full schedule and will not have time to do so. I will handle the situation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
, General Manager at Sleep Inn Nashville, responded to this review, July 10, 2012
I would like to start off by saying thank you for you feedback as your opinion is important to us. I want to personally apologize for the issues that you have encountered on your visit with us. I am deeply disappointed that the room was in such bad shape. I have discussed these specific issues with my housekeeping manager and all the housekeepers. I can assure you that these problems have been fixed and will not come up again. I would like for you to give us another chance and see the improvements that we have made to better our hotel. Once again I am truly sorry for your experience, and thank you for your feedback.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Staff was very professional. We came down the day after the 4th of July for 2 days and so far, everything is going well. I got a really good deal on my room. The kids had a blast in the pool, the bed and pillows were extremely soft. It was so convienent because we were actually much closer to Nashville Shores than expected, there's 2 dollar stores, nail shop, gas stations and grocery stores are walking distance maybe 1500 feet. I felt like I was at home because we had so much fun and everything was right at the tip of our fingers. The only thing I hated was the sound went out on my flat screen in room 210 but was very thankful for a young man named, Alex whose shift was ending. He took out the time to come and reset it. Now that's excellence great customer service!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Sleep Inn Nashville? Share your experiences!