“OK for Budget minded trip” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #51 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Johnson City, Tennessee
“OK for Budget minded trip”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

Selected this location based on reviews that it was good value and clean (but worn), exactly what we found. When location description said showers only that was OK, however, the sink is outside of the toilet/shower room and is only wide enough for the toilet (had a pocket door) and the shower stall with curved wall extended into the room. Room appeared clean (however, I never go barefoot in a hotel and my white socks quickly became dirty), slight mold in the shower around door frame. The hotel lobby/hallways had a very STRONG old smoking smell and the staff frequent sprayed the areas - a heavy powdery scent the day we arrived and a citrusy scent on an other day. The TV's/microwave/fridges did vary between rooms. Plus was that minifridge did have a freezer section. My friends room next door had different appliances (not modern but more up-to-date TV than mine). The bed was EXTREMELY mushy. The breakfast buffet is very bare minimum - nasty looking fruit, two dry cereals, bagels, toast, one type of danish, hard boiled eggs, instant oatmeal (no grits), apple & orange juice, coffee. Only hot item was belgian waffle. For restaurants, there is a Cracker Barrel & Waffle House nearby. Close access to highway and was very centrally located for getting downtown or near Green Hills, etc. Surprised that airplane noise was not that noticeable but varied by which directions the plans were taking off. The staff was very friendly and accomodating. We wanted a budget minded hotel just for sleeping and this fit the bill.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends

165 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2010

I have stayed at about 5 different Hotels in the Nashville Area, and this Hotel has great customer service, the front desk was very helpful for the whole 13 days i was here, the rooms are clean. Their is many different Resturants in the area, a shopping center within walking, It's only about 5 minutes from the airport and right off a major highway. the pool was very clean and work out room only has 3 machines but you can work up a sweat with them. The breakfast is very good, you make your own waffles and you can save a easy 10 bucks per person per day at the breakfast buffet. beacuse you wont be hungry for lunch. i come to nashville about 2 times a month and plan to stay here because i dont have to fight with the front desk for a micro/fridge like at other hotels that want to charge you a extra $10. per day. Sleep inn have them in every room. since i have been here i have seen them do some inprovements to the place, just waiting for the flat screen T.V. Thank you for making my stay a pleasure.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2010

My husband and I visited Nashville for 2010 Thanksgiving, we are young professionals, who like quality service, but are budget-conscious. With the shortcut, this place is only about a 12 min-drive to Broadway in the heart of downtown, which is worth it big time if you know that downtown Nashville hotels start from min. $90-100, even with the best discounts. When we arrived, Anj greeted us with great service, not even hesitating for a moment when I asked for a room a bit further away from the ice machine (I don't like their noise). The room was well-sized, with all equipment that's needed, was quiet to sleep at night with a clean, comfortable bed. Alpesh, the general manager came to give us a few sightseeing tips at breakfast, also a very nice guy. Breakfast even included clementines, and other fruit, which I appreciated. Very well-kept motel, definitely would stay here again!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2010

We have stayed here several times recently due to medical appointments. Each time we have had a very clean and comfortable room waiting for us. The staff has been so nice and given us a medical rate which really helps with all our extra trip cost. We will continue to stay here each time we return to Nashville.

• Stayed October 2010
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

This property which is near Nashville Airport is a GEM. The rooms are great. There is so much attention to details that it feels like your are in a luxury hotel. The staff is very friendly and courteous and helpful. I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

I've stayed at this Sleep Inn on multiple occasions over the years. They are a small, friendly operation and actually take the time to get to know you. I travel with my young son and so security has always been important to me. Their rooms all open to the interior of the building and frequently have conveniences such as microwaves and a fridge which helps with food storage. There is a cracker barrel as well as several other restaurants and a grocery store within walking distance which helps tremendously. The place is quiet at night so that your able to sleep well, and the staff is very helpful whenever you need anything. I've been coming to this hotel for years when I stay in Nashville and will continue to do so.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
heyalpesh, General Manager at Sleep Inn Nashville Airport, responded to this review, October 13, 2010
Thank you very much for your review, we will keep giving you same service you had expect from us again and again, FYI, use tripadvisor.com in order to received our special rate for your future stay.
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

I was booked in the Nashville Airport Best Western. When I arrived, I was put in a room around tha back. It was a dark and creepy walk to my room, and the curtains in the windows of the other rooms were filthy. I looked in my room and it was dark and probably just as filthy as the other rooms.
I left and schlepped all my stuff across the street to the Sleep Inn. The price was right and the desk person was very accommodating. the room was clean, but the rug in the room and hallway floors were stained. Seems to me this is something easily fixed.
Everyone at the desk was very helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Been to Sleep Inn Nashville Airport? Share your experiences!