“Unbelievably Disgusting!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Nashville - Airport - Elm Hill Pike

You added Extended Stay America - Nashville - Airport - Elm Hill Pike to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Nashville - Airport - Elm Hill Pike
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2511 Elm Hill Pike, Nashville, TN 37214 (Formerly Studio Plus Deluxe Studios - Nashville - Airport)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #129 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Troy, Alabama, United States
“Unbelievably Disgusting!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

My brother and I had 2 rooms, a smoking and a non-smoking. They both had a horrible smell that was completely unbearable. Even though my brother is not a smoker, we had to hang out in the smoking room because, as bad as it was, it helped mask the repulsive smell in his non-smoking room. When we got home from out trip, we discovered that our clothes had soaked up the strange smell that was in the hotel...even the clothes that were not unpacked. We had to wash everything we took with us immediately. I can not stress this enough...SAVE YOUR MONEY, YOU ARE BETTER OFF SLEEPING IN YOUR CAR THAN IN THIS STINK PIT!

Room Tip: Even if you are not a smoker, the smell of the smoking room is vastly preferable to the non-smoking...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Southeast
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

Here is a summary of my experience. Dark entrance, could not find lobby for check in, finally saw people standing around half way down one side of the building so I found the pitiful office, Jasmine was friendly enough, took in the dirty exterior walls on my way to my room. When I got in the room, this is what I got: dirty walls, furnishings that looked like they had been bought second hand from a frat house, lights that did not work, bugs, dark curly hair all over the bathroom, sheets worn thin with holes all over and pillowcases that I could not be sure had not been used. It was horrific. I was exhausted from my travels so I checked for bed bugs, put one of my t shirts over a pillow, turned out the light (the one that worked) and passed out. Could not get out of there fast enough. It was ridiculous. It needs to be shut down.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Ashburn, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

Kudos to Priceline for getting me a refund. That is the last good thing I have to say about this hotel, There was no lobby, just an office for check in. It smelled bad entering the hotel. Oops, there's another positive. The staff was friendly. They directed me to the room on the third floor. In their defense, they didn't know I have a bad knee. I passed through an open stairway with dirty and stained carpet to find that there was no elevator. I traipsed up the 3 flights to find my key didn't work. I went back down. They fixed the key. I went back up. The room was large, hot, smelly. Linoleum floors. A single queen bed with polyester bed cover. I called down to ask for a room with two beds. They don't have any. All rooms have single queen beds. I left. Called Priceline. They negotiated a refund. I went to the hotel I usually stay at - Club Hotel Nashville. Nice place.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

There are two Extended Stay hotels only 2 driveways away from each other. I was at the address 2525 Elm Hill Pike. I had booked for 2 nights and I arrived around 10:30 pm on Aug. 15th.
Everything I report is documented by photographs !

1. Dirty and rundown like no other place I ever stayed at. I did not dare to sit down or place anything on the recliner ... it was so badly stained and dirty I almost threw up. I wanted to leave the place right away, but when I went to the lobby to tell them that I was going to leave, it was closed already, at 10:50 pm.
A lady with her son wanted to check in. The lobby was closed already and she could not get her room, even though she was there BEFORE 11:00 pm - when they close for the day. She had prepaid the room but could not reach anybody by phone ... she left the placeand started looking for another hotel.
I had to stay .... because the lobby was shut ... !

2. The carpet was so filthy, I did not dare to walk barefooted.

3. The bathroom was so incredibly dirty, especially between door and tub, that I took pictures so that I would be believed. On the ceiling there were large mildew stains and dirty areas. Everything was just disgusting and repelling.

4. I woke up the next morning with a blood stain on the bed-sheet and a dead bug next to it. I must have crushed it somehow. Then I saw on my left elbow some dry blood and the sting.

I fled the place and faced the manager Tamara telling her about my "experience". She must have been used to angry customers, she said that I should call Agoda ( I had booked the room with them ) for a refund. I will find out, whether that was trick to get rid of me or whether I will really get a refund.

Outside of the room, there were cigarette buds everywhere on the floor, debris, junk and whatever gets dropped.
I went to another hotel on the same raod ( Quality Inn and Suites ), nice place and less money !

Stay away from that Extended Stay America "joint" !!

Room Tip: Stay away and avoid a nightmare !!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Elkridge, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

What's that smell? Old cigarettes in the non-smoking room. Mildew in the AC. Cigarette smoke in the lobby. The neighbor's cooking. Cigarette smoke in the hall.

What's that stain? Cigarette burns abound on every laminate surface (kitchen counter, sink, and even the bathtub) which is especially impressive in a non-smoking room. Dark stains decorate the various pull-out couch cushions. Large stains accentuate the carpet.

What's that sound? Jets. Sirens. Dogs. Kids. The struggling AC unit. The whole works.

What's for breakfast? The finest in pre-packaged pastries and coffee.

In summary, I've slept better on a sofa in a fraternity house.

Room Tip: It's literally surrounded by other hotels. Find a room there.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

My family and I recently took a week-long trip, staying in 4 different hotels. Our stay at this Extended Stay America in Nashville was, by far, the worst hotel experience we had on our trip. We'd booked this hotel through Priceline, knowing we'd arrive late and leave early since this hotel was just a place to sleep and not our destination. So, we weren't expecting anything too great and we didn't need anything fancy, but it was still worse than we'd anticipated.

PROS
*The hotel appeared to be in a nice area, surrounded by many other nice-looking hotels, and I know it was close to the Nashville airport and an easy stop off the highway, so the location seemed very good.
*The outside of the building looked nice and was well-kept.
*We arrived late - 2 a.m. - and had no problems checking in. The staff was polite and helpful at both check-in and check-out.
*Our room was fairly spacious (bathroom, seating area with table and couch, kitchen and bed area).
*The grab-and-go breakfast was nice - a good selection of granola bars, muffins and other snacks bars, coffee, etc. The pickings were slim when we first walked in, but the person working the office quickly stepped in and said she'd replenish the food for us. She did, and we were all able to choose several things we liked.

CONS
*Our room was on the 3rd floor and there was NO elevator! So, at 2 a.m., my husband and I and our two young kids were lugging a bunch of bags up 3 flights of stairs.
*As soon as we entered the hallway on our floor, it reeked of cigarette smoke. We were happy to see that our room was listed as a non-smoking room, but, once we got inside, we realized that a non-smoking room didn't really mean anything. The room also reeked of smoke and, the next day after we'd left the hotel, driven many hours and checked into another hotel, we discovered that ALL of our clothes and bags reeked of smoke from our brief stay at this Extended Stay hotel.
*Even though the room was fairly spacious, it was incredibly dated and rundown. Overall, it felt really dirty and unpleasant. Everyone was unhappy with the room, upset with the smell of cigarette smoke, had a bad night's sleep and couldn't wait to leave.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Reeds Spring, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

We are currently planning our 4th stay here. Never had a dirty room, staff was very helpful.
Had a coffee pot that didn't work. Maint. man was there immediately with a brand new one.
The price is certainly fair. We last stayed here in Feb. 2011, but cannot understand other folks problems with cleanliness, etc. Hope our next review will be as positive as this one! The
date shown for our last stay in not right, as the dates didn't go back far enough.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Nashville - Airport - Elm Hill Pike, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you
enjoyed all of your stays with us and are planning a 4th one! It is very rewarding to know that we provided you with a great, clean room at a great rate.

Once more, thank you for posting your review. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future. We look forward to your stay.

Been to Extended Stay America - Nashville - Airport - Elm Hill Pike? Share your experiences!