“Unexpectedly Poor” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Brooklyn, New York
“Unexpectedly Poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I made reservations 4 months in advance for 2 rooms. My husband and I were traveling with 3 grandchildren. I requested adjoining rooms. When we arrived, first we found that the hotel was under major renovation, which had not been disclosed to us. Second, we were told we could not get adjoining rooms. The best they could do was give us 2 rooms at opposite ends of the same floor, citing five family reunions booked. This was unacceptable.

Needless to say, we did not stay there. I felt our reservation, which had been confirmed, should have been honored. I also believe prospective guests should be informed in advance of planned construction.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
Charlotte, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Lobby and entire atrium under construction which begins at 7am. Noise and inconvenience of circumventing the construction area is not pleasant. Staff tried to be VERY helpful, but between the noise, the construction, the lack of channels in room, avoid until work completed. Definitely not up to Embassy stanards.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

DNorman-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thanks for the feedback. We do start work on the renovation at 8 AM but try to avoid any work that would create significant noise. We just finished our television upgrade with two new 46" Samsung flat panel hi-def sets with a new, improved 43 channel line up. Please do come see us again once we complete the entire project.
Dalton, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

The hotel is under construction and remodeling, so they gave us a discounted rate. However,
In my opinion it wasn't discounted enough. They have the entire lobby ripped apart, which takes away from the ambiance. We were from out of town, so asked the front desk for restaurant recommendations. The guy replied, "I really don't know". The pool is indoor and beautiful with a hot tub also. Our room was less than stellar. The bed was super comfortable. But the furniture is outdated and half of our lamps didn't work. The toilet was very uneven and unsteady. There were positives and negatives to this place. Maybe when they're finished with the remodeling it will be much nicer.

• Stayed August 2013
I appreciate the feedback. I regret that you encountered issues outside our renovation. I will be sure to review with our staff and take corrective action. Please do visit us again after renovations.
Richmond, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

They deleted FOX news and kept only the liberal news channels on their TVs? Why? I asked the front desk and they had no idea why it was removed. The rest of the hotel is great. The room service is top notch. Best ever.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thanks for your review. You were with us as we were installing the two new 46" Samsung flat panel LED sets on all our suites. As part of the upgrade we also changed our channel line up. There was a one day period due to installation when some channels were not present . Our new line up features 43 channels with 30 of these channels hi-def. Fox News in Hi Def is on our line up under channel 25. Thanks
Albuquerque, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Goop drained from the ceiling into the shower- unfortuately I had to take a shower- even though this thing was being used as a drainage ditch. I don't know if the drainage was from a toilet- or what- but it was disgusting!!!! How could you have put me in such a room. i traveled all night - at 8am the booming began. I could not get back to sleep- still had to drive over 300 mile s that day. what a nightmare

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

DNorman-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
The 1/4 inch tubing you note is an emergency drain in the even the air handler in the bathroom becomes inoperative. I certainly agree that this is a very strange place to have one but is prevalent in similar age hotels. Like many comments we are now receiving, yes a renovation is needed, but is also a double edged sword till the transformation is complete. i do hope you will return post renovation.
Chicago, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

To begin with, I was not told when booking the hotel that the hotel was COMPLETELY UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Considering I booked it over the phone with the HHonors rep, I can't imagine why a little warning was not given. Not only was I given a room on the 2nd floor, so the construction noise was as loud as it could possibly be, cable was not working for most of the stay as well as internet service was intermittent. I was told that this was because hotel was in the process of changing carriers (not sure what that means.) Restaurant was in disarray so we did not eat breakfast there, instead chose to eat out each day. I've stayed at this hotel 2 previous times and never found it to be especially great, however, it is one of the cheaper hotels in the area and only requires 30K points for a night stay. I certainly understand why renovations are needed for this property, however, I used the same amount of points / paid the same $ that I have previously, but the condition was dismal. A discount should have been offered. Since I was traveling with small children, I chose not to check-out and go to another hotel because it would have been disruptive to them. Instead, we chose to spend as little time possible in the hotel as we could. Business center was also shut down so I couldn't print off tickets to a show for my familiy, instead had to go to the Marriot across the street to print them and was late for the show. In the face of all this, staff was generally rude and not helpful or accommodating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am glad we were able to get in touch last week and resolve your concerns as well as the mix-up at the HHonors Desk. As discussed, drop me a note after renovation so that you can experience a stay more indicative of our hotel.
Bloomington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

First of all, we did not know when we booked this Embassy Suites that there would be major construction going on. It should have been posted so that we knew ahead of time. I was not happy with paying the rates that we did for all of the inconveniences and noise we had to put up with. The arrival staff was not real helpful and didn't automatically provide the Wi-Fi password and when we called about it they seemed put out. The breakfast food was good, but they were way understaffed especially on Sat. Aug. 10th. There was a huge reunion there and the lines were super long and the noise was very frustrating. I understand hotels have to take on huge remodels, but we should be well informed ahead of time and either have our rates reduced or allow us to choose a different hotel. We love Embassy Suites, but this stay was extremely disappointing. Even despite the remodel, it just seemed to be poorly run.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I regret that you were not made aware of our renovation when booking your reservation. We do have a banner on our website and have alerted other booking channels, but it is a challenge reaching every guest. The hotel was very busy during your stay with us and with limited seating at breakfast, it did cause some delays. I apologize and do hope you will try us again.

Been to Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport? Share your experiences!