“Why did they remove FOX news from their TV's?” 3 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Century Blvd, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #60 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Richmond, United States
“Why did they remove FOX news from their TV's?”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

They deleted FOX news and kept only the liberal news channels on their TVs? Why? I asked the front desk and they had no idea why it was removed. The rest of the hotel is great. The room service is top notch. Best ever.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

DNorman-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thanks for your review. You were with us as we were installing the two new 46" Samsung flat panel LED sets on all our suites. As part of the upgrade we also changed our channel line up. There was a one day period due to installation when some channels were not present . Our new line up features 43 channels with 30 of these channels hi-def. Fox News in Hi Def is on our line up under channel 25. Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Albuquerque, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Goop drained from the ceiling into the shower- unfortuately I had to take a shower- even though this thing was being used as a drainage ditch. I don't know if the drainage was from a toilet- or what- but it was disgusting!!!! How could you have put me in such a room. i traveled all night - at 8am the booming began. I could not get back to sleep- still had to drive over 300 mile s that day. what a nightmare

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

DNorman-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, August 19, 2013
The 1/4 inch tubing you note is an emergency drain in the even the air handler in the bathroom becomes inoperative. I certainly agree that this is a very strange place to have one but is prevalent in similar age hotels. Like many comments we are now receiving, yes a renovation is needed, but is also a double edged sword till the transformation is complete. i do hope you will return post renovation.
Chicago, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

To begin with, I was not told when booking the hotel that the hotel was COMPLETELY UNDER CONSTRUCTION. Considering I booked it over the phone with the HHonors rep, I can't imagine why a little warning was not given. Not only was I given a room on the 2nd floor, so the construction noise was as loud as it could possibly be, cable was not working for most of the stay as well as internet service was intermittent. I was told that this was because hotel was in the process of changing carriers (not sure what that means.) Restaurant was in disarray so we did not eat breakfast there, instead chose to eat out each day. I've stayed at this hotel 2 previous times and never found it to be especially great, however, it is one of the cheaper hotels in the area and only requires 30K points for a night stay. I certainly understand why renovations are needed for this property, however, I used the same amount of points / paid the same $ that I have previously, but the condition was dismal. A discount should have been offered. Since I was traveling with small children, I chose not to check-out and go to another hotel because it would have been disruptive to them. Instead, we chose to spend as little time possible in the hotel as we could. Business center was also shut down so I couldn't print off tickets to a show for my familiy, instead had to go to the Marriot across the street to print them and was late for the show. In the face of all this, staff was generally rude and not helpful or accommodating.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am glad we were able to get in touch last week and resolve your concerns as well as the mix-up at the HHonors Desk. As discussed, drop me a note after renovation so that you can experience a stay more indicative of our hotel.
Bloomington, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

First of all, we did not know when we booked this Embassy Suites that there would be major construction going on. It should have been posted so that we knew ahead of time. I was not happy with paying the rates that we did for all of the inconveniences and noise we had to put up with. The arrival staff was not real helpful and didn't automatically provide the Wi-Fi password and when we called about it they seemed put out. The breakfast food was good, but they were way understaffed especially on Sat. Aug. 10th. There was a huge reunion there and the lines were super long and the noise was very frustrating. I understand hotels have to take on huge remodels, but we should be well informed ahead of time and either have our rates reduced or allow us to choose a different hotel. We love Embassy Suites, but this stay was extremely disappointing. Even despite the remodel, it just seemed to be poorly run.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I regret that you were not made aware of our renovation when booking your reservation. We do have a banner on our website and have alerted other booking channels, but it is a challenge reaching every guest. The hotel was very busy during your stay with us and with limited seating at breakfast, it did cause some delays. I apologize and do hope you will try us again.
Huntsville, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Be warned that this hotel is under renovation as of August 2013. When we checked in and asked for a room on a lower level, we were asked "what time we woke up in the morning". But the renovations aren't the worst part. I could overlook the lack of parking, makeshift lobby and construction in the atrium, if it hadn't been for our room. It had water damage around the ceiling and the ceiling in the bathroom leaked when I took a shower (with no hot water). There was drywall, I suppose from a recent repair, on the couch, curtains and lamp. And it smelled bad. They did give us another room, but after they had run out of double bed rooms. I expect more from an Embassy Suites.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

It is clear we missed the mark on some issues in your suite and I do apologize. I will address these items with our tea, as well. Our renovation is indeed impactful and I do hope you will come back and see us post renovation.
Portland, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had a terrible experience. The entire hotel is under construction, atrium blocked off, only one elevator went to the makeshift lobby. had to find correct elevator to get to the restaurant. searched soda machines on all floors until i found one on the ground floor that offered a diet soda of any variety. Front desk staff wouldn't deliver a first aid item to my room, i had to go down there to get it. Terrible construction noise in the morning. Room was missing tv remote and ice bucket cover and seemed only marginally clean.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Dear Ms Y - I am glad you and I were able to get in touch regarding your concerns. I look forward to having you back with us post renovation.
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Unfortunately we did not know a major renovation was underway before arrival. The lobby is mostly a plywood and sheetrock alcove, the majority of it having been torn up as renovations are underway. If we had known this was underway we might have looked elsewhere. BUT - the rooms are quiet. Impacts are mostly inconvenience. Getting to happy hour, or breakfast takes a lot of elevator riding. Happy hour is sorry, but breakfast is great. The chef makes a great omelet, just the way you want.

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am sorry to hear that our current renovation was so disruptive to your stay with us. I certainly understand the magnitude such can have on one’s experience. I assure we take every stay possible action to mitigate the impact of work being performed including a banner on our web page but I also understand the noise, dust and partial closures within the hotel can make a stay seem very disjointed. It is my hope that you will accept my sincere apology.

Been to Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport? Share your experiences!