“Under renovation--consider other options” 2 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   10 Century Blvd, Nashville, TN 37214   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #60 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Brooklyn, New York
“Under renovation--consider other options”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

When we checked in the system used to make the room keys went out which we discovered after we went to our room. Both TVs were on the fritz. We only had one remote control. Clearly they were understaffed. I tried calling from my room, from a house phone and on my cell and could not get anyone. The manager's reception seemed understaffed.

Please note this hotel is starting a major over haul, top to bottom. If you do not like surprises I would suggest staying in another location until they are finished.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
DNorman-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thanks for your comments. I am sorry for any issues as result of many of our systems becoming temporarily inoperative. As a result check-in was delayed which in turn caused a bit of a wait in outher hotel outlets. Please come see us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (167)
Brazoria, TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

Renovations had just begun when we stayed there, and had no impact on hotel - yet. The renovation is supposed to include all new furnishings, whose time has come for replacement. The only inconvenience we noticed was some outside construction noise during the day, so if you are a day sleeper that might be a problem.
The hotel shuttle was a wonderful convenience, not only for an airport ride, but also to a nearby restaurant if desired. Transportation of some sort is needed because the hotel is not located close to any stores or restaurants, and there are no sidewalks.
The bar service was slow. At least two more servers would have been good.
And an additional server would also have helped reduce the line during the Manager's Welcome Cocktail time.
Breakfast was excellent, in line with a signature service of Embassy Suites.
Before booking I suggest you check with the hotel and the impact of the renovation.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for your comments. Renovations have begun and I cannot begin to our guests the dramatic improvements that are forthcoming. I am sorry to hear of any delays in our F&B services. Please do come see us again soon.
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

We had our family reunion here and just loved the whole atmosphere of the well appointed hotel and the great lobby and spacious open areas. We loved the full breakfast and the attitude of the staff. A job well done.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
DNorman-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
So glad you enjoyed your reunion with us! There is not a better hotel brand to host a reunion than Embassy Suites with the large two room suites, complimentary cooked to order breakfast each morning, and a nightly complimentary manager's reception. I appreciate you sharing the good news!
Champaign
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

The room was good, beds were good and we slept well. Front desk and staff very friendly and helpful. They put on a Manager's Reception every evening from 5:30 to 7:30. Very understaffed for this. Line was at least 15 people long at all times to get a drink. And no place to sit down. Breakfast Buffet was OK, gravy not hot and no place to sit. Management needs to solve these issues in order for guests to have a truly great experience.
My suggestion for Cocktail hour is to have one window for beer & wine and the other window for mixed drinks. The first hour, there was only 1 bartender doing it all. No way she could keep up.
All in all, we had a good stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for your reply. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us with the exception of the delay in our complimentary food and beverage areas. We do our very best to staff to the voume of guests in the hotel, and I regret we missed the mark during your stay. I assure you we will better monitor going forward.

Thanks
Lords Valley
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

As a treat, we brought our grandsons, 4 and 5, to Embassy Suites. We wanted a place that had a pool because they love to swim. The pool was very nice, but it was a little cold and the boys kept going into the hot tub to warm up. We went twice, the afternoon we arrived and the next morning.
The boys loved the elevators because the back of the elevators were glass and one could see into the atrium area. The room was perfect because there was a separate bedroom for us and the couch opened up to a double bed for the boys. The room also had a refrigerator and a microwave. My wife brought dinner that we could heat in the microwave. The restaurant was nice enough to give us plates, knives and forks and even salt and pepper.
I sampled the happy hour offerings with a glass of wine and some trail mix. If we didn't have the boys, I am sure my wife would have enjoyed the happy hour.
They had an elaborate breakfast buffet including eggs made to order. There was juice, cereals, muffins, bread and bagels, pancakes and of course, milk and coffee. Quite nice.
The staff was very pleasant and made us feel very comfortable.
Highly recommend Embassy Suites.

Room Tip: Ask for the top floor, you get a better view
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DNorman-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. Embassy Suites is a great brand albeit for business or leisure travel. I am glad that your and your grandsons enjoyed your time with us!
Union City, Tennessee, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I have stayed here before and it was a breeze and a pleasure. NOT this time. It was awful. I have two small children 6 & 4. We just drove 3 hours to get there a little after 3 as Check in time is at 3pm.

We were told the room was not ready and we would have to wait 45 minutes. Her exact words “Give me your cell and I will call you when the room is ready.” I gave it to her and I saw her write it down on a piece of paper. SO 45 minutes later I go to front desk. She says it will be ANOTHER 45 minutes. Meanwhile, 2 things….
1. The travel baseball team and some other folks are breezing in to the front, getting their keys, and making their way.
2. The cleaning ladies that are so backed up are talking in the hallways and one is even washing the windows in the elevator instead of cleaning rooms.
Another 45 minutes go by and I go to front. She said “‘it’s ready”. I said where is my phone call?” She said “You were supposed to call me. “ I said “then WHY DID YOU TAKE DOWN MY CELL NUMBER?”

So we FINALLY get to the room and its dirty with a lovely BLACK HAIR ON THE BED (i took a picture of it) when we pulled the sheets back. It was absolutely awful and I will not stay here again.

This really stinks because I am a Gold HHonors member, and to be treated like this at this old hotel that needs immediate updating is completely uncalled for.

NOW, the girl at the front (that never called my cell) did come to the room and offer 2 free drinks and a free desert at the restaurant bar. I appreciated that even though we did not take her up on it as it was late and I was trying to get the 6 & 4 to bed for a flight the next morning.

The breakfast the next monring was nice but i am afraid there are are much better airport hotels

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I am sorry to hear there was a delay at check-in and that your suite was not up to our normal cleanliness standards. Weekends can be challenging afer a full house as many guests like yourself wish to check-in early; however, this can be difficult as check-out is Noon and it require approximately 40 minutes to clean a suite after check-out. This can be further complicated if a guest requires a certain suite type or location. We do our best to accomodate all early check-ins and do take guests cell numbers to alert them when their requested suite is ready. I am sorry that our team dropped the ball. Regarding the person cleaning the glass elevators, each person has differing jobs at the hotel, and the person in question is a lobby attendant responsible for cleanliness of the lobby. Please accept my apology and do come back and see us. As you may have heard, our hotel is in the process of a $11 million dollar renovation and the update you mention will be spectacular. Thanks again!
KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Poor service. Our family has stayed at this hotel for several years. Each time, upon arrival, our rooms are not ready by check in time. This was our last attempt to see if we would be returning. We will not.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am sorry to hear that you had issues checking in at your desired time. Check-in time is 3 PM for our hotel and we take steps to ensure suites are available at that time. I know how important it is to get checked in and settled, and I apologize for any frustration. Please feel free to contact me on a future arrival so i can better assist,

Been to Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport? Share your experiences!