“Very nice, just a couple little things...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double HHonors Points!
Ranked #70 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Nashville, Tennessee
“Very nice, just a couple little things...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

When we checked in, my wife was extremely impressed with the amount of time it took - Literally less than three minutes. I was impressed, especially since there was a wedding/reception in progress. All the staff members we encountered were very friendly and willing to go above and beyond there job. For instance, at the managers reception we were sitting in an area away from the main reception area, but one of the staff members, who I believe was not assigned to work the reception, was just walking by and offered to take our empty plates. On another occasion, we returned from a city tour on the 5th of November, 2012, and the front desk attendant asked us if we had enjoyed the tour before we could even tell her that we were on the tour. I assume she remebered us from when the tour guide arrived early and had the front desk call us to let us know the guide was there. I was impressed that she remembered upon our return.
So the little things....1) the in-room coffee was not replaced for two days straight....I had to call to get some delivered; and 2) A wash-cloth was left hanging on the safety bar in the bath tub. This may have been left intentionally because it was hanging, but they did remove a towel that was hanging. I believe the policy is if you want a new one, you have to put it on the floor. Having said that, there are very few hotels that leave anything hanging. They usually collect all the towels and clothes and leave new ones.
We had a very nice time and I got the feeling the manager and staff were genuinely concerned for the guests.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
DNorman-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a great time with us less a few minor hiccups. come see us again soon! David Norman, GM

814 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on a recent visit. It's an old hotel (pre 1980) but it's worth the price at $55 on Priceline.com.

If you're staying near the area of the airport and you're trying to get a 3 1/2 star hotel on Priceline, count on the Hotel Preston or the Embassy Suites. These are the names that come up and I don't believe you'll be disappointed. Just keep in mind that these hotels are older, so if you're looking for pristine conditions, you'll be disappointed.

There is a shuttle that runs and gets you to the airport quickly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thanks for your reply! I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and look forward to having you with us again in near future! David Norman, GM
Princeton, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel is a bit off the beaten path but it is very nice and quiet. The room rates are very reasonable for what you get. The facility is very clean and the rooms are nice and clean. Our room had two flat screen TVs. The staff here is wonderful and so incredibly helpful. The breakfast is the big deal here. Included in the room rate is a free hot breakfast every morning down in the restaurant. You can custom order an omelette or eggs however you would like. Plus they have scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, pancakes or french toast, hash brown potatoes, grits (if you are into that), fresh fruit, biscuits and gravy, many flavors of juice, coffee, milk, cereal, bread for toasting, bagels, and other stuff I can't remember. I will surely stay here again. The rates were reasonable and the rooms clean and nice. The atmosphere is quiet and relaxing.

Room Tip: All rooms are suites.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Is always great to hear from a satisfied guest! David Norman, GM
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The rooms were fine and service was good. When we needed anything, everyone helped us. Tripadvisor gave us the information and the hotel found us a room when they were filled at their hotels downtown. Between the two, we had a very good vacation.

• Stayed November 2012
Glad you had a good time in Nashville. Loose electrical outlets are a real nuisance, and I will alert our engineering team of your concern. Thanks again! David Norman, GM
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked this hotel online. Afterward, I read some reviews that gave me pause whether I had done the right thing or not. I travel frequently and have stayed in modest to ultra-luxury properties all across the U.S. so I know firsthand whether a hotel is up to snuff or not.

After arriving and checking in, I soon saw that this hotel is an excellent overall value and I would highly recommend it. The 10 story open atrium gives an airy and soaring feel. The lush plants surrounding the lobby waterfall and meandering brook are lovely. The lobby is appealing with various seating areas connected by bridges over the stream. There is a cocktail lounge area with flat panel TV and a full service restaurant next to it.

The hotel staff and management are extremely friendly, courteous, helpful and seem genuinely interested in ensuring your happiness at their hotel.

The rooms are expansive, like an apartment. A large living area with a dining table, wet bar, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and 32" flat panel TV is separated from the bedroom area by an actual door that can be closed to separate the two large rooms. The bedroom area has a desk, large chest of drawers, seating area, king bed that was extremely comfortable with comfortable down pillows, and another 32" flat panel TV. A separate closet for clothes is in the room. The bath is plenty big with granite counters and top-of-the-line toiletries (Evelyn & Crabtree of London).

There is a Manager's Reception from 5:30-7:30pm every day in the lobby. I've never seen this in another hotel but this Embassy Suites offers unlimited cocktails, beer and wine with light nibbles during the Reception. A performer by the name of Dan provides live entertainment during the Reception and is excellent. The crowd responds to his varied repertoire of songs and he takes requests from people. Great performer! And great Happy Hour offering!

The hotel also provides the best free breakfast I have seen in any hotel across the country. Made-to-order omelettes are prepared in front of you with a variety of ingredient offerings. Just about anything you can imagine is available - potatoes, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, grits, scrambled eggs, toast, English muffins, pastries, cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts, and on and on. All very good quality, fresh and hot. Excellent coffee, juices, and milk provided.

And everything in the breakfast is unlimited and included with your room rate! Evidently the breakfast is from 6:30 to 9:30 during the week and 7:00 to 10:00 on the weekend. I checked in Saturday evening and was told it would start at 6:30am Sunday morning .... went down at 6:30am and was told by the kitchen staff that it starts at 7:00am on the weekends. Not a big deal.

The negatives are relatively minor - the soaring atrium looks a little dated. The furniture in the rooms is not brand new but was in good condition and looked very presentable and was very functional. The only real drawback in the room was the carpet did have some stains on it and could have used a thorough steam cleaning. If the carpet were spotless the room would "look" better.

I rated this hotel as an excellent overall value. The many positives far outweigh the very few negatives. I greatly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for providing such a full and concise review of our hotel. I believe your review hit the proverbial naill n the head as it relates to a guest experience at our hotel. Our hotel is a bit older but we are slated for a $10m renovation in early 2013 and the new duds will be most impressive. Come see us again soon! David Norman, GM
oxford ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Hotel is well positioned between downtown and the Opry Mills area. Five mintues to either one. Rooms were fine (we booked 4). Only downside is the archaic practice of charging for WiFi. Great exercise room. We stayed here a week. Marvin, the M-F omelet chef, was terrific. Managers were friendly and attentive. I was impressed with all the staff. The free managers reception in the evening was nicely done. Also, every Thur - Sat. night, "Cowboy Dan" plays and sings in the atrium. A talented man.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
DNorman-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thanks for your comments! I am indeed very proud of our staff and Chef Marvin is one of a kind. I will be sure to pass along your comments to him and our entire staff. Thanks again! Best Regards, David Norman GM
Collierville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice hotel, the suite was great if you are with kids. It has a livingroom with a T.V. in the living area and in the bedroom. This is important for us. Water pressure,what water pressure! This hotel has a indoor pool,but when we were there they told kids couldn't swim after ten. This made me so mad, only adults. I have never had that happen. I'm thinking it was just this hotel. My kids were upset.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for the review. I am glad you had a good time less the pool issue. We do close the pool for one hour each Friday and Saturday to allow for adult swimming only. As one can imagine, the pool is crowded with kids during the day and difficult for adults to enjoy. This one hour period allows such. I hope you will come see us again soon. David Norman, GM

Been to Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport? Share your experiences!