“Excellent overall value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #59 of 152 Hotels in Nashville
Dallas, Texas
“Excellent overall value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

I booked this hotel online. Afterward, I read some reviews that gave me pause whether I had done the right thing or not. I travel frequently and have stayed in modest to ultra-luxury properties all across the U.S. so I know firsthand whether a hotel is up to snuff or not.

After arriving and checking in, I soon saw that this hotel is an excellent overall value and I would highly recommend it. The 10 story open atrium gives an airy and soaring feel. The lush plants surrounding the lobby waterfall and meandering brook are lovely. The lobby is appealing with various seating areas connected by bridges over the stream. There is a cocktail lounge area with flat panel TV and a full service restaurant next to it.

The hotel staff and management are extremely friendly, courteous, helpful and seem genuinely interested in ensuring your happiness at their hotel.

The rooms are expansive, like an apartment. A large living area with a dining table, wet bar, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and 32" flat panel TV is separated from the bedroom area by an actual door that can be closed to separate the two large rooms. The bedroom area has a desk, large chest of drawers, seating area, king bed that was extremely comfortable with comfortable down pillows, and another 32" flat panel TV. A separate closet for clothes is in the room. The bath is plenty big with granite counters and top-of-the-line toiletries (Evelyn & Crabtree of London).

There is a Manager's Reception from 5:30-7:30pm every day in the lobby. I've never seen this in another hotel but this Embassy Suites offers unlimited cocktails, beer and wine with light nibbles during the Reception. A performer by the name of Dan provides live entertainment during the Reception and is excellent. The crowd responds to his varied repertoire of songs and he takes requests from people. Great performer! And great Happy Hour offering!

The hotel also provides the best free breakfast I have seen in any hotel across the country. Made-to-order omelettes are prepared in front of you with a variety of ingredient offerings. Just about anything you can imagine is available - potatoes, bacon, sausage, biscuits and gravy, grits, scrambled eggs, toast, English muffins, pastries, cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts, and on and on. All very good quality, fresh and hot. Excellent coffee, juices, and milk provided.

And everything in the breakfast is unlimited and included with your room rate! Evidently the breakfast is from 6:30 to 9:30 during the week and 7:00 to 10:00 on the weekend. I checked in Saturday evening and was told it would start at 6:30am Sunday morning .... went down at 6:30am and was told by the kitchen staff that it starts at 7:00am on the weekends. Not a big deal.

The negatives are relatively minor - the soaring atrium looks a little dated. The furniture in the rooms is not brand new but was in good condition and looked very presentable and was very functional. The only real drawback in the room was the carpet did have some stains on it and could have used a thorough steam cleaning. If the carpet were spotless the room would "look" better.

I rated this hotel as an excellent overall value. The many positives far outweigh the very few negatives. I greatly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
DNorman-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Thank you for providing such a full and concise review of our hotel. I believe your review hit the proverbial naill n the head as it relates to a guest experience at our hotel. Our hotel is a bit older but we are slated for a $10m renovation in early 2013 and the new duds will be most impressive. Come see us again soon! David Norman, GM

oxford ga
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

Hotel is well positioned between downtown and the Opry Mills area. Five mintues to either one. Rooms were fine (we booked 4). Only downside is the archaic practice of charging for WiFi. Great exercise room. We stayed here a week. Marvin, the M-F omelet chef, was terrific. Managers were friendly and attentive. I was impressed with all the staff. The free managers reception in the evening was nicely done. Also, every Thur - Sat. night, "Cowboy Dan" plays and sings in the atrium. A talented man.

• 5 of 5 stars
DNorman-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, December 1, 2012
Thanks for your comments! I am indeed very proud of our staff and Chef Marvin is one of a kind. I will be sure to pass along your comments to him and our entire staff. Thanks again! Best Regards, David Norman GM
Collierville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very nice hotel, the suite was great if you are with kids. It has a livingroom with a T.V. in the living area and in the bedroom. This is important for us. Water pressure,what water pressure! This hotel has a indoor pool,but when we were there they told kids couldn't swim after ten. This made me so mad, only adults. I have never had that happen. I'm thinking it was just this hotel. My kids were upset.

• 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for the review. I am glad you had a good time less the pool issue. We do close the pool for one hour each Friday and Saturday to allow for adult swimming only. As one can imagine, the pool is crowded with kids during the day and difficult for adults to enjoy. This one hour period allows such. I hope you will come see us again soon. David Norman, GM
Nashville
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room value is really overpriced. There was free breakfast and parking, but there was no free wifi, for such a minimal fee it should really just be included. The room we were given was a two double bedroom suite with a pullout couch in the front room. Pretty standard, the double beds were really too soft, and the pullout was hard as rocks. The bathroom was small.

Our schedules didn't permit us to partake in the manager's reception, but the breakfast buffet was alright. They had made to order omelets, other than that, nothing to rave about. Overall this hotel could have been valued better at a lower price.

The corridor carpets needed a good shampooing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
I appreciate your comments! We do our best to have our hotel competitively priced and although HSIA is not free for all guests, the full breakfast and nightly manager reception is. These two value added amenities at the same rate of a competitor makes our hotel a great value for most travelers. Hopefully we can provide a better sense of value to you and your family on a return trip soon! David Norman, GM
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just added our first daughter-in-law into the family this past weekend and could not have asked for a better experience from the staff and facility. The food was excellent, and all of the service from front desk, to wedding planner and everyone in between made for just a great, great experience. The front desk even helped us rent a stretch limo and stretch hummer to take 25 of us to downtown Nashville. Our kids, well I should say 20 year olds loved it! Would highly recommend this location.

Room Tip: May be a bit quieter if you were to get a room not facing the airport-but it didnt really bother us.
    • 5 of 5 stars
I am so happy to hear that our hotel played a memorable role in your famly's wedding! Thanks for sharing the news! David Norman, GM
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was responsible for the reunion planning. We selected the Embassy Suites after visiting and reviewing 12 hotels in the Nashville Area. We selected the Embassy Suites because of the total value it offered, i.e., the suite sized rooms, the free breakfast, the manager's reception, the banquet and the meeting facilities and the "first appearance of the hotel and the staff. The Sales Manager and the Director of Catering were extremely helpful and accomodating to work with in the planning process. Before the start of the reunion, the staff of the hotel met with us in a "pre-con" meeting so that we could go over any last minute details and to meet all of the hotel managers that we might be working with during the reunion. This was the first time in all of the reunions that I have planned that such a meeting was suggested by the hotel management. It was very valuable. The hotel facilities were clean and in good condition. The food was very good. The best selling point was the staff of the hotel. Everyone, from the room maids to the waiters, to the engineers, to the front desk staff, to the management was very pleasant, helpful, courteous and accomodating. Of all of the reunions I have planned, the staff at the Embassy Suites Nashville Airport was the best to work with. The facilities were exactly what we needed and the rates and amenities made the location the best value of any hotel in Nashville. We will always consider Embassy Suites as a future host hotel for our reunions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
It was so nice getting to meet many of your reunion members! Our hotel very much enjoyed serving as your host and I do appreciate all the kind words in your review. Please do come back and see us soon! David Norman, GM
Merrimac, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had no choice but to stay here, the phone reservation was a monster as the reunion rooms were all sold out and NO flexibility was allowed even after I pushed and nudged. When I arrived the reception desk made no big deal of the issue and saved me $30 per night for my three night. No nudging required. My room was clean and I had enough coffee to satisfy my requirements. My three dinners at the reunion were adequate and service was what could be expected for a group of over 100 folks. The hotel appeared full to me and the wait for breakfast omelets to order was minimal and served up with a smile. I have not stayed in an Embassy Suite before this and look for to doing so again.

Room Tip: Omelets are worth another minute or two at breakfast.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends