“Overpriced” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Nashville
“Overpriced”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The room value is really overpriced. There was free breakfast and parking, but there was no free wifi, for such a minimal fee it should really just be included. The room we were given was a two double bedroom suite with a pullout couch in the front room. Pretty standard, the double beds were really too soft, and the pullout was hard as rocks. The bathroom was small.

Our schedules didn't permit us to partake in the manager's reception, but the breakfast buffet was alright. They had made to order omelets, other than that, nothing to rave about. Overall this hotel could have been valued better at a lower price.

The corridor carpets needed a good shampooing.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
DNorman-GM, General Manager at Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
I appreciate your comments! We do our best to have our hotel competitively priced and although HSIA is not free for all guests, the full breakfast and nightly manager reception is. These two value added amenities at the same rate of a competitor makes our hotel a great value for most travelers. Hopefully we can provide a better sense of value to you and your family on a return trip soon! David Norman, GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (165)
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Just added our first daughter-in-law into the family this past weekend and could not have asked for a better experience from the staff and facility. The food was excellent, and all of the service from front desk, to wedding planner and everyone in between made for just a great, great experience. The front desk even helped us rent a stretch limo and stretch hummer to take 25 of us to downtown Nashville. Our kids, well I should say 20 year olds loved it! Would highly recommend this location.

Room Tip: May be a bit quieter if you were to get a room not facing the airport-but it didnt really bother us.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
I am so happy to hear that our hotel played a memorable role in your famly's wedding! Thanks for sharing the news! David Norman, GM
Tulsa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I was responsible for the reunion planning. We selected the Embassy Suites after visiting and reviewing 12 hotels in the Nashville Area. We selected the Embassy Suites because of the total value it offered, i.e., the suite sized rooms, the free breakfast, the manager's reception, the banquet and the meeting facilities and the "first appearance of the hotel and the staff. The Sales Manager and the Director of Catering were extremely helpful and accomodating to work with in the planning process. Before the start of the reunion, the staff of the hotel met with us in a "pre-con" meeting so that we could go over any last minute details and to meet all of the hotel managers that we might be working with during the reunion. This was the first time in all of the reunions that I have planned that such a meeting was suggested by the hotel management. It was very valuable. The hotel facilities were clean and in good condition. The food was very good. The best selling point was the staff of the hotel. Everyone, from the room maids to the waiters, to the engineers, to the front desk staff, to the management was very pleasant, helpful, courteous and accomodating. Of all of the reunions I have planned, the staff at the Embassy Suites Nashville Airport was the best to work with. The facilities were exactly what we needed and the rates and amenities made the location the best value of any hotel in Nashville. We will always consider Embassy Suites as a future host hotel for our reunions.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
It was so nice getting to meet many of your reunion members! Our hotel very much enjoyed serving as your host and I do appreciate all the kind words in your review. Please do come back and see us soon! David Norman, GM
Merrimac, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I had no choice but to stay here, the phone reservation was a monster as the reunion rooms were all sold out and NO flexibility was allowed even after I pushed and nudged. When I arrived the reception desk made no big deal of the issue and saved me $30 per night for my three night. No nudging required. My room was clean and I had enough coffee to satisfy my requirements. My three dinners at the reunion were adequate and service was what could be expected for a group of over 100 folks. The hotel appeared full to me and the wait for breakfast omelets to order was minimal and served up with a smile. I have not stayed in an Embassy Suite before this and look for to doing so again.

Room Tip: Omelets are worth another minute or two at breakfast.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I have stayed in several Embassy Suites around the Southeast. I was a little taken aback when I walked into the lobby and atrium. This was the most dated of this brand that I have ever stayed in. Although clean and and the staff mostly attentive, this place appears not to have had a facelift in quite a while. The hotel in general including the rooms looks to be from the 90's at best. The flat screens in the rooms are by far the most modern items in the hotel. One of my pet peaves is the coffee/sweetner ect being properly restocked.... Got up Sunday morning after a late night, the 2nd morning, and no coffee. They lost a point right there.
Vending machine on our floor did not work and of course took my money. Breakfast was a zoo.
Nobody wants to stand in line for 20 minutes for powdered eggs.

Room Tip: All rooms are probably about the same.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

Always try to stay at this place while driving through Nashville , very nice and clean , staff has always smile , reception in evening is great and breakfast is even better.
Would recommend to stay here.

• Stayed October 2012
cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We liked the location. It’s away from downtown, but close enough to drive there in about 10 minutes. We stayed there for 2 nights. Our room was very clean which is very important to me. The king sized bed was comfortable and came with 5 pillows. The room didn’t have free Wi-Fi unless you were a member of a club (I signed up to be a member when we checked out). The furniture in the room was upscale, except for the couch, which looked like it stepped out of 1970. The only room they had left was a smoking room and we are non-smokers. There were a few burn holes in the carpet. The room did not smell like cigarette smoke.
The staff was very friendly and helpful. There was a nice breakfast. There were omelets made to order. I told the guy making omelets that I could not make good omelets and he showed me step by step how he makes them (I thought that was nice). The breakfast also consisted of gravy & biscuits, bacon, sausage, ham, fruit, bagels, hash browns, pancakes and french toast.
We will stay there again. Next time I will stay in a non-smoking room and we may even bring our dog. We miss her when we are gone away from home.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Embassy Suites Nashville - Airport? Share your experiences!