Though I stay fairly often in Hilton properties, I often tend to avoid Hampton properties because they rarely have the level of service or amenities I'm looking for compared to similarly-priced Hilton properties nearby. This is a great Hampton property, though, compared to others I've tried.
We were in town for the Nashville marathon and we booked this property because it was still available, I had a $25 Amex credit if I stayed at a Hampton, and it was close to the event (within 10 minutes of downtown). Because of the event, rooms were about $190 a night. This is a ridiculous price point for this type of property (I'd normally never pay that for this hotel), but less so than what they were asking for downtown.
The staff that greeted us after a long travel day Friday was friendly and warm. They stood out as being welcoming right off the bat. The hotel had a complimentary pasta bar (we're runners, though, no trying something new the night before a race!) that seemed to be enjoyed by many, and the rooms were clean and nicely maintained. The bathroom of our room could have been touched up in places but nothing that most people won't notice or care about.
The breakfast is solid for a free hotel breakfast. It's standard continental with scrambled eggs, waffles, juices, fresh fruit, yogurt, and potatoes. Cereals and breads, oatmeal, and a few other things round it out. We didn't have breakfast the first morning, but did grab some small bites on the way out the door early and it was fine. On the second day, we got there 30 minutes before the breakfast ended. We managed to get all we needed, but the man who was running breakfast was already putting away many of the things people wanted - no more waffle batter, no more fruit, potatoes were gone and he didn't want to get more bread for some guests. It was stark in contrast to the front desk staff who welcomed us.
My only complaint, which has since been addressed by the general manager of the hotel was when the blow dryer fell apart mid-use. The cage on the back just fell off and it tangled up in my hair, causing it to smoke! I had to CUT my hair to get it out of the hair dryer. I know this isn't the fault of the hotel necessarily. When I brought it to the attention of the front desk person she didn't even have so much as an apology or empathy. She just called housekeeping, who brought up another one. The "new" one had a big crack in it by the motor, so at that point, I just let it go and decided to not use the blow dryer.
Overall it was a good stay. It was overpriced for the event, but we expected that no matter where we chose to stay. I would stay at this property again, but only if my other choices, like the Starwood or Hilton options closer to town were too expensive or booked.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville/Airport is located immediately off of I-40 in Nashville's Airport district. Situated less than 8 minutes from downtown Nashville's entertainment district and only a short shuttle ride to Nashville International Airport.Within close proximity to our Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville/Airport hotel, you'll find a range of local businesses. So if you're staying here on business, your meeting or conference won't be far away. Some of the corporations nearby include: Gibson Guitars, Aladdin Industries, Suntrust, Deloitte, Dell Computers, Genesco Inc., HCA, Summitt Medical Center, Kroger, Thomas Nelson Publishers. Nashville attractions in close proximity to the hotel are: Grand Ole Opry, The Hermitage "Home of our 7th United States President, Andrew Jackson," Nashville Shores, Lebanon Prime Outlet Mall, Music Row, The Ryman Auditorium, The Bridgestone Arena "Home of the Nashville Predators," LP Field "Home of the Tennessee Titans 2008 AFC South Champions," Country Music Hall of Fame, The District Downtown. The Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville/Airport hotel offers a warm, inviting welcome, coupled with amenities to help you relax and prepare for your visit the Music City. Our guestrooms feature: King or double beds with plush duvets, Large executive desks with ergonomic chairs, Complimentary wireless and wired Internet, Complimentary local phone calls, Luxurious bath products. To help with all the necessities of home and more, the Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville/Airport boasts: Complimentary Deluxe Hot Breakfast Buffet, Complimentary Breakfast on the Go bags, Complimentary Airport Shuttle Service, Outdoor seasonal pool, 24-hour fitness center equipped with the latest Precor® equipment, 24-hour onsite laundry facility, 24-hour Suite Shop. The Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville/Airport hotel has: Two separate meeting spaces, Audio/Visual Catering Services. Even if you're in Nashville to enjoy the great outdoors, we want you to enjoy our great indoors as well. That's why we offer a full range of services and amenities at our hotel to make your stay with us exceptional. Are you planning a meeting? Wedding? Family reunion? Little League game? Let us help you with our easy booking and rooming list management tools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, Hilton Hotels, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville / Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville / Airport Hotel Nashville
- Hampton Inn And Suites Nashville / Airport
- Hampton Inn Nashville
- Nashville Hampton Inn