“Made Me Like Hampton Again” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #39 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Made Me Like Hampton Again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Though I stay fairly often in Hilton properties, I often tend to avoid Hampton properties because they rarely have the level of service or amenities I'm looking for compared to similarly-priced Hilton properties nearby. This is a great Hampton property, though, compared to others I've tried.

We were in town for the Nashville marathon and we booked this property because it was still available, I had a $25 Amex credit if I stayed at a Hampton, and it was close to the event (within 10 minutes of downtown). Because of the event, rooms were about $190 a night. This is a ridiculous price point for this type of property (I'd normally never pay that for this hotel), but less so than what they were asking for downtown.

The staff that greeted us after a long travel day Friday was friendly and warm. They stood out as being welcoming right off the bat. The hotel had a complimentary pasta bar (we're runners, though, no trying something new the night before a race!) that seemed to be enjoyed by many, and the rooms were clean and nicely maintained. The bathroom of our room could have been touched up in places but nothing that most people won't notice or care about.

The breakfast is solid for a free hotel breakfast. It's standard continental with scrambled eggs, waffles, juices, fresh fruit, yogurt, and potatoes. Cereals and breads, oatmeal, and a few other things round it out. We didn't have breakfast the first morning, but did grab some small bites on the way out the door early and it was fine. On the second day, we got there 30 minutes before the breakfast ended. We managed to get all we needed, but the man who was running breakfast was already putting away many of the things people wanted - no more waffle batter, no more fruit, potatoes were gone and he didn't want to get more bread for some guests. It was stark in contrast to the front desk staff who welcomed us.

My only complaint, which has since been addressed by the general manager of the hotel was when the blow dryer fell apart mid-use. The cage on the back just fell off and it tangled up in my hair, causing it to smoke! I had to CUT my hair to get it out of the hair dryer. I know this isn't the fault of the hotel necessarily. When I brought it to the attention of the front desk person she didn't even have so much as an apology or empathy. She just called housekeeping, who brought up another one. The "new" one had a big crack in it by the motor, so at that point, I just let it go and decided to not use the blow dryer.

Overall it was a good stay. It was overpriced for the event, but we expected that no matter where we chose to stay. I would stay at this property again, but only if my other choices, like the Starwood or Hilton options closer to town were too expensive or booked.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
King, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Love Hampton Inn! Stayed in suite here, sofa was thread bare and had issue with microwave not working properly, otherwise satisfied. Even though I gave room average rating everything beside the sofa and microwave was great!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

I like a good breakfast especially when it's free. With a vast selection to choose from it was the best hotel breakfast I can remember. My only complaint was that the arms of the couch were worn out and certainly showed its age, but other than that I had no complaints. The staff was friendly and helpful and the room was clean. I was very satisfied with the exception of the sofa.

Fort Morgan, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

This hotel has one of the greatest hamptonality personalities I have seen.From the time that I arrived till the time I left I was waited on hand and foot with a smile. The front desk lady even went out and picked up my dinner for me. They hospitality was remarkable.
Of course I love those cookies and they were readily available thru out the day.
I would highly recommend this property to anyone as they treat you right!
Thanks for a great stay!!

Room Tip: I was on ground floor and close to all the action and the room was nice and quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Burke, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

This hotel is close to airport and is and advantage, but the staff seems to be very customer non-oriented, also they promise to fix the problem and later they do not hold their promises, take forever to get maintenance staff.

Amagansett, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

My wife and I were in Nashville to visit a nephew who just had his first baby. We have stayed at Hampton Inns more than 10 times in the last year alone and are Hilton Honors members. This hotel is very convenient to the airport.
Upon checking in there was a problem with our reservation but Jerusalem, the young lady at the front desk, went out of her way to help us out. After about 5 minutes we were on our way to the room. It seems that this hotel must be an older renovated property. The room was spacious and very clean as was the bathroom. It was also a little sparse and not decorated as well as some of the newer properties. The air conditioning is a unit that looks a little like a radiator under the window. It is very loud and goes on and off every few minutes. When it kicked on it makes a pretty loud noise and while the AC is on it is quite loud, making it a little difficult to get a good nights sleep. The bed, however, was comfortable as were the pillows.
Breakfast was typical for the Hampton Inns, pre made eggs, bagels to toast, a few small pastries, yogurt, oatmeal and a small selection of cold cereals. The breakfast area was pleasant and clean.
Over all I feel this property was just ok, nothing really bad but nothing, other than the staff, really great either.

Stayed April 2014
Sewanee, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Pleasant room, comfortable bed, over-priced though for a Hampton Inn and a very poor breakfast. Soggy banana bread, tiny muffins, fruit past its best. Had to eat breakfast listening to 2 TVs on 2 different channels -- though that's not unique to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Nashville / Airport? Share your experiences!