“4 rooms charged twice and the rooms were not nice” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #123 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Lancaster, Ohio
“4 rooms charged twice and the rooms were not nice”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

The rooms were filled with cob webs and dead bugs
Sheets and bed covers had stains and holes in them
And to top it all off all 4 rooms in our party were charged
twice, still working to get that resolved.
The manager Nick Patel seemed surprised that the rooms were
In this condition. NICK IT'S YOUR JOB TO MAKE SURE ISSUES
LIKE THIS DO NOT HAPPEN! Several other hotels near by. Skip this place

Room Tip: If staying here check room before paying for it!;
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

The room was filthy. When we arrived around 3:30 PM the room had still not been cleaned even though check-in time was at 2. Sheets were covered in stains and holes. The staff was also very unprofessional. Last but not least - I woke up the next morning covered in bed bug bites. It's a wonder a place like this can even stay in business.

Room Tip: Avoid staying at this place.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Morton Grove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I read the reviews of all the hotels in that area and they all had about the same reviews...people either loved them or hated them. I was visiting from the Chicago area and decided to check the hotels out first before deciding. I chose the Econo Lodge. I was 100% pleased with my stay. My air conditioning worked great(I saw some reviews said theirs did not work but luckily mine did), my room was clean and my bed was very comfortable. I did see that someone wrote in a review that their comforter had burn marks. I may have had that comforter(I'm sure there is more than one) because mine had a few burns but the comforter was clean and the burn marks are not the fault of the hotel and replacing everyone, everytime some idiot burns the comforter is not financially feasable so I can't knock them for that. But it was clean and that I could judge them on. I agree with what someone wrote that the free breakfast was not much but it is a $60 a night hotel so I guess I shouldn't expect a full spread like at a $150/night hotel. And I enjoyed the small pool which was secluded from the public which was better than a few of the other hotels in the area whose pools were right next to the road. Due to this one weekend I would say that I would definately stay here again in the future...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Cutting to the chase: ++ comfortable bed, + clean room and + friendly staff. And - outdoor pool way over-chlorinated, - the first come-first served breakfast "buffet" consisted of some toast and bagels, giant canisters of cereal and orange punch (not juice) and - the electrical function of this motel was scary.The details: Room 1's air conditioning didn't work in a July heat wave! Talked our way into a second room with a set-your-own-temp unit (great!)but the room's power outlets didn't always work. (One day the power, except for the AC, was out altogether.) This place was fairly cheap and comfortable in a pinch but that's it. (But in Nashville, the hotel is only for sleeping.) Depending on the room, it could be a decent or very bad experience.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow and a box fan. You are guaranteed to sleep better. It worked here (while the...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

We stayed 2 nights in this location, and paid cash. The desk clerk would not give us a receipt for the cash payment, we had to force him to sign the receipt. The room was shabby but all we could find in the area. We came home with flea bites the size of a quarter. This was the only hotel we brought our luggage into. This was the worst vacation ever.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kalamazoo, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My husband and I were travelling to Nashville to see his brother. My husband wanted to stay close to where his brother resided. I made this reservation at Econolodge because it was very close to where we wanted to be, and they accepted pets, for a fee. The room was filthy, outdated and we were worried about even sleeping in the bed. The carpet was so dirty, we did not walk around without our shoes on. I had to use the washer, and while I was in the laundry room, two boys that reeked of marijuana stumbled in, and were going through their pockets looking for change to use the snack machine. I was given a price for the room by the night manager, and the next day I checked my credit card statement and there was a different, very inflated price on my statement. When I inquired about this, the day manager said the night manager had not charged me right. I did complain to Econolodge about the charges, and the manager said that I was undererchanged for my 4 pound dog, and undercharged for the room, and there were taxes, etc. I just dropped it.
I don't think I was dealt with fairly, and the room was so dirty, so I can say without hesitation I would never stay in that place again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else. And, on the basis of that place, I will never seek out an Econolodge in my travels again.

Room Tip: Just look for another place, don't waste your money.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Atwater,Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Lobby aircondition not working,breakfast milk sitting out with no ice or refrigeration.Staff rude asking us to leave because breakfast hours were over,and food not allowed to be taken to rooms.Staff speaking a language other than english in front of me and concerning me was very rude and degrading. The night clerk giving out my room number to the people making all the noise outside my room door due to my complaint was an invasion of privacy,therefore I was directly harrassed by people through the night with vulgar language.I will never stay here again nor recommend it.I will be very reluctant to stay at an Econolodge ever again.

Room Tip: Not a good place to stay during a large event such as CMA Music Festival.I have never been to a hote...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge Percy Priest Drive? Share your experiences!