“Lots of great amenities for a fantastic price” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Opry Mills Gift Card
Ranked #32 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Atlanta, Georgia
“Lots of great amenities for a fantastic price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2010

We stayed here in order to break up our traveling. When we entered the room, I told my husband I might come back just to stay here!

The service at the front desk was friendly, efficient and quick, both at check-in (around 9 PM CST) and check-out (10 AM CST). We used our AAA membership to get a fantastic rate.

We had a non-smoking king suite. The suite had double doors which separated the main bedroom/bathroom from the 'living room' (with sleeper sofa and kitchen). I emptied the contents of our coolers into the full-sized refrigerator. There was a sink, microwave, two-burner stove, plates, & silverware. They also offered a grocery delivery service - you just pay for the groceries (no delivery fee - we didn't get to try this). There's a small counter/desk area which doubles as an eating space, complete with cloth napkins and napkin rings.

The 'living room' area has a queen-size mattress which we put our two preschoolers in. (We attached bedrails on either side.) There were TVs in both rooms. We watched some Saturday morning cartoons before our leisurely check-out. (Official check-out time is noon.)

The double doors (they don't lock) led into the bedroom with a king-sized bed and lots of pillows. The sheets for the sofabed were in the closet, which had a sliding, mirrored door, as well as an iron and ironing board inside. The sink area had nice storage for toiletries, but not as great with areas to hang your towels. The bathroom was clean, with a large shower and nice shower head.

My only complaint about the room was the mattress. It was sloped in the middle, and if it hadn't been a king mattress, would have been very uncomfortable. (There was room in the 'valley' for both my husband and me!)

One of my favorite parts of our stay was the warm breakfast, served from 7-10 AM. They had DIY waffles, fresh fruit (blueberries, strawberries and raspberries), parfaits, bagels, pastries, cheesy hash browns, scrambled eggs with chives, cold cereals, instant grits, coffee, tea, milk, and juice on the morning we were there. We ate outside, near the pool area, but there was plenty of seating indoors, as well as a large TV. (It was cold indoors - that's why we went outside.)

Taped to our fridge was a list of the week's menus which made me wish we had stayed on a night where they offered the manager's reception (steak fajitas, meatloaf, stir-fried chicken, etc.).

There was a small outdoor pool with a couple of nicer pool toys we didn't get to try, but it looked clean. The fitness room looked ok. They had water and fluffy-looking towels, a TV, and a couple of machines (including a treadmill). There was a small 'business room' with two computers and internet access (I assume). The hotel also offered free wi-fi, but we didn't have our netbook with us.

The hotel is a couple exits down TN-155 from Opryland, but we didn't get to check out any nearby attractions, so I can't comment on the location. They do also offer a free (?) shuttle to the Nashville airport and we saw one leave as we were checking in at 9 PM.

Overall, I had a very good experience, and would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2010

I stayed here on June 26, 2010 with my 3 teenagers. The hotel staff was great and very helpful. Check in was fast. The interior of the hotel was beautiful. I especially like the circular stairways leading from the 2nd floor down to the lobby/breakfast area. Gives the hotel a very plush feel. The free breakfast in the morning was fantastic. In addition to the normal fresh waffles, eggs, fruit and cereals which are standard at all Homewood Suites, this one also had fresh raspberries and blueberries. Both were terrific. We got in late at night and were not able to use the pool, but the rooms were spacious and very clean, and everybody really enjoyed themselves. It is great having the extra pull out sofa when traveling with 3 teenagers so everybody has enough room for sleep. Overall, had a great stay.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Beaverton, OR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Enjoyed our night here, but this unit needs some TLC. Desk staff was great. Both dinner and breakfast were quite nice, beds were comfy and rooms were clean, but AC unit clicked on and off alot with a bang each time. Rugs needed to be restretched or replaced in the hallways.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Bar Harbor, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

I am staying here with about 15 co-workers helping out Nashville flood vicitms. We are all away from our families for about a month and we travel over 250 days a year. The workers at the front desk seemed inconvenienced if we ask to have a fax sent, often having a blah attitude about there jobs. They cannot multi task. If you need anything and they are on the phoen they will ignore you!! There is horrible cell reception in every room therefore my wife will call the fornt desk and they often transfer her to the wrong room. She says it is the same worker that does it every time. Several times now I have been working on my laptop in my room with no televions on. Well finally about 2:30pm the housekeeper comes in to clean up. She ask if I need service then after I answer she proceeds to the bedroom where she turns on the television to a program that she wants to watch and turns up the volume while she cleans. The last time she was in my room (with the television turned on) her cell phone rings and she answers it . She has a 5 minute conversation with her attorney about child support right in front of me. LASTLY AND THIS ICES THE CAKE. She cleans my room whering a black T Shirt that has a skull and flame on it that is 3 times too small for her, with gray sweat pants and an ID badge. All the while bending over showing her *ss crack and belly flab to me. I was going to be sick. You can often hear all the housekeepers in the hallway being obnoxious talking about there personal lives and babies daddy drama. HOW UNPROFFESSIONAL! By the way the work out area is horrible and only 2 machines work.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
BNAHW, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport, responded to this review, May 18, 2010
We try very hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We are sorry our hotel was not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve. We will take your feedback into consideration and I will be reaching out to you, in order to make this right.
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I stayed here for three weeks in 2007. Very comfortable hotel with nice service. The location is convenient to the airport, but is not in the greatest part of town. I never felt unsafe, but the area is older and not very desirable.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
huntsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

My stay at the HWI was great; however I was not pleased that when I reserved my room the associate froze the funds in my account. I was told that I was not being charged for the room; however I was not told that the amount of the room and then some would be frozen on my charge card and I would not be able to access the funds during my stay! I was astonished when I made it home and my bank statement read OVERDRAFT FEESSSSS! I have not been able to speak with someone of authority at the hotel, yet!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

My mom and I stayed here Feb 25 – Feb 28. Hotel is located less than 2 miles from the airport and close the I-40, which is why we picked it. No problems checking in. We had booked a 1 bedroom smoking suite and that’s what we got. Even had a nice welcome gift of cookies and bottled water waiting for us in the room. Breakfast was great – Lots of variety. Different breakfast items each morning we were there. Area around the hotel has a post office, drug store and various fast food restaurants. We had tickets to the Grand Ole Opry one night and the hotel’s shuttle dropped us off and picked us up at no charge. We also went into Nashville for the day and the front desk arranged a shuttle van for us. It was perfect and much cheaper than a cab. The hotel has a free business center with 2 computers, as well as free safety deposit boxes at the front desk. The staff at the hotel were very friendly. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport? Share your experiences!