“THE MOST UNPROFFESIONAL SERVICE” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Opry Mills Gift Card
Ranked #32 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
Bar Harbor, Maine
“THE MOST UNPROFFESIONAL SERVICE”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2010

I am staying here with about 15 co-workers helping out Nashville flood vicitms. We are all away from our families for about a month and we travel over 250 days a year. The workers at the front desk seemed inconvenienced if we ask to have a fax sent, often having a blah attitude about there jobs. They cannot multi task. If you need anything and they are on the phoen they will ignore you!! There is horrible cell reception in every room therefore my wife will call the fornt desk and they often transfer her to the wrong room. She says it is the same worker that does it every time. Several times now I have been working on my laptop in my room with no televions on. Well finally about 2:30pm the housekeeper comes in to clean up. She ask if I need service then after I answer she proceeds to the bedroom where she turns on the television to a program that she wants to watch and turns up the volume while she cleans. The last time she was in my room (with the television turned on) her cell phone rings and she answers it . She has a 5 minute conversation with her attorney about child support right in front of me. LASTLY AND THIS ICES THE CAKE. She cleans my room whering a black T Shirt that has a skull and flame on it that is 3 times too small for her, with gray sweat pants and an ID badge. All the while bending over showing her *ss crack and belly flab to me. I was going to be sick. You can often hear all the housekeepers in the hallway being obnoxious talking about there personal lives and babies daddy drama. HOW UNPROFFESSIONAL! By the way the work out area is horrible and only 2 machines work.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
BNAHW, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport, responded to this review, May 18, 2010
We try very hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. We are sorry our hotel was not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve. We will take your feedback into consideration and I will be reaching out to you, in order to make this right.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2010

I stayed here for three weeks in 2007. Very comfortable hotel with nice service. The location is convenient to the airport, but is not in the greatest part of town. I never felt unsafe, but the area is older and not very desirable.

• Stayed August 2007, traveled on business
huntsville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2010

My stay at the HWI was great; however I was not pleased that when I reserved my room the associate froze the funds in my account. I was told that I was not being charged for the room; however I was not told that the amount of the room and then some would be frozen on my charge card and I would not be able to access the funds during my stay! I was astonished when I made it home and my bank statement read OVERDRAFT FEESSSSS! I have not been able to speak with someone of authority at the hotel, yet!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2010

My mom and I stayed here Feb 25 – Feb 28. Hotel is located less than 2 miles from the airport and close the I-40, which is why we picked it. No problems checking in. We had booked a 1 bedroom smoking suite and that’s what we got. Even had a nice welcome gift of cookies and bottled water waiting for us in the room. Breakfast was great – Lots of variety. Different breakfast items each morning we were there. Area around the hotel has a post office, drug store and various fast food restaurants. We had tickets to the Grand Ole Opry one night and the hotel’s shuttle dropped us off and picked us up at no charge. We also went into Nashville for the day and the front desk arranged a shuttle van for us. It was perfect and much cheaper than a cab. The hotel has a free business center with 2 computers, as well as free safety deposit boxes at the front desk. The staff at the hotel were very friendly. Would definitely recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2010

Nice hotel, good location, suite was a good size, all was clean and tidy, with a typical suite hotel hot breakfast (they also have a welcome home happy hour and light meal, which we didn't use). While you could hear some doors closing now and then and sometimes an alarm clock in the next room, overall it was quiet (discounting the one night that toddlers were above us - they don't step lightly). They don't recycle at the hotel, so don't ask where you can put any bottles or plastics (when asked at the front desk, they made a point to tell us that they didn't personally recycle either).

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Rutherford, TN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2010

I love the "home" feel of these rooms versus a traditional hotel room. They have a good breakfast and the Welcome home Reception in the evenings is wonderful and very convenient. This service saves you the added expense of having to go out to eat and it is wonderful when you don't want to get out in the cold/inclement weather to go eat dinner. The bed was comfortable. It is a convenient location right by the airport and only 5 minutes from Opry Mills mall. There are plenty of restaurants within 2 miles and a Walgreens and Kmart very close. All of the hotel staff that I encountered was very friendly. Overall a great place to stay.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Wherever the Army sends us
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

We stayed here overnight when we took our 4 and 6 year old to see the Rockettes. I was a little worried from some of the reviews...the hotel was completely booked, but you would have never known it! I didn't hear an airplane once, nor any other guest. We had plenty of room in the one bedroom suite and slept soundly! It is about 7-8 minutes from Opryland Resort, so it was easy to drive there to see the show and go back in the morning to see the Opryland hotel. We considered staying at the Opryland Hotel, but this was less than half the cost, no parking fees, and a suite (which has become necessary when traveling with children).
We've stayed at SEVERAL Homewood Suites all over the country and this one is comparable to all of them. I don't remember a time that we've ever been disappointed with a Homewood Suites!
Will stay here again on next trip to Nashville.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport? Share your experiences!