“Fantastic hotel...will stay again!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Romance Package
Ranked #25 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Wherever the Army sends us
“Fantastic hotel...will stay again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2009

We stayed here overnight when we took our 4 and 6 year old to see the Rockettes. I was a little worried from some of the reviews...the hotel was completely booked, but you would have never known it! I didn't hear an airplane once, nor any other guest. We had plenty of room in the one bedroom suite and slept soundly! It is about 7-8 minutes from Opryland Resort, so it was easy to drive there to see the show and go back in the morning to see the Opryland hotel. We considered staying at the Opryland Hotel, but this was less than half the cost, no parking fees, and a suite (which has become necessary when traveling with children).
We've stayed at SEVERAL Homewood Suites all over the country and this one is comparable to all of them. I don't remember a time that we've ever been disappointed with a Homewood Suites!
Will stay here again on next trip to Nashville.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

329 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2009

I stayed at this Homewood suites for four nights while on a work-related trip. I chose it because I am a Hilton honors member and because of it's location. I really enjoyed my stay at this Homewood. My suite was comforable and clean. The bathroom was very large and the extras in the bathroom were great (for example they give you mouthwash). My bed was comfortable and I did not hear any sounds through the walls from the suite next door. I loved the mini kitchen and living room area. The kitchen came well-stocked with popcorn, coffee, tea, etc. There is a convenient counter to sit at if you eat in the room. However, they serve an awesome breakfast and a decent dinner in the lobby area (which is included in the price). The dinner was hit and miss (good one night, average the next) but the breakfast was always good (hot eggs, hashbrowns, etc.). The lobby/eating area is homey and warm and had nice touches like a fireplace. Another thing that I really liked was the fact that I barely realized this hotel is near the airport. I only heard one plane go over the hotel and it wasn't very loud. The location is about 5 minutes from Opryland and the outlets. My wireless worked fine and was fast. The staff was nice and helpful. I can only offer one critical comment: They really need to replace the carpet in the lobby and hallways. It is dirty and bubbles up and could cause someone to trip. The carpet in the room was fine, however. Although this was not the nicest Homewood I have stayed at, it was a great value and great experience so I would stay again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2009

I chose this property based on past experiences with Homewood Suites (I am a Hilton Diamond member), but this property is not up to the standards of any other Homewood Suites property (maybe one of the poorer Hampton Inns I've stayed at). The walls are so thin that I can clearly hear the music playing in the room next to me...nothing like thump, thump, thump when you have to be up for a 6 am flight. The bed is extremely soft--think National Lampoon's European Vacation. The sign at the entrance says that the door will be locked beginning at 10 pm. At 9:30 pm I was left to dig through my purse for a key to get in the front door (while the agent and other guests checking in saw me with my luggage, digging through my purse).

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2009

Stayed two nights while visiting Nashville. The separate bedroom, fully furnished kitchen and living area were perfect. Location says "airport" but it is far away not to be disturbed by overhead planes. Easy access to all major tourist attractions and restaurants and rates are lower than other chain hotels. Full breakfast is included and during the week a full evening meal is available with the price.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We arrived early and was greeted by a very friendly person who was more than happy to find available rooms for us before check in time. The meals were great, and the entire staff was very friendly and accommodating. The rooms were comfortable and clean.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
Saginaw, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2009

I was so very impressed with this hotel. The staff were VERY friendly and professional. The rooms were very nice, with a living area and kitchen and large bedroom separated by a door (not just a living "area". There was a great kitchen with a full-size frig. TV's in living room and bedroom. VERY, VERY CLEAN. Nice big thick towels, very comfortable beds, free wireless, free coffee and popcorn in the room, etc.

Great included breakfast with hot food! Manager walked around breakfast area to greet everyone. Nice smallish fitness room and a very pretty pool!

I travel quite a bit and have stayed at 5-star resorts, complete dumps and everything in between. I was really very impressed!

• Stayed September 2009, traveled solo
SC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2009

It is unfortunate that the Manager lied to me when she told me she would "make things right" regarding an item of clothing that was taken, I believe by mistake, by one of the hotel staff during cleaning of my room. When I attempted to get my item of clothing back, the hotel staff at the front desk did not seem to be too concerned about it. Once I finally spoke with the manager, she told me she would "personally" take care of it. I don't understand how an item can get taken by the cleaning staff and then "not found" the same day it was taken! The Manager told me upon my check-out that she would replace the item that had been taken. I gave her the information for replacement but have yet to have received anything. When I have called the hotel to check on the order status, I am given the managers voice mail, which she conveniently has not returned any of my calls. It is too bad for Homewood Suites because the places are generally nice and clean with a friendly staff. I will not stay at another Homewood Suites again because of the treatment I have received over this whole ordeal; nor will I recommend anyone else stay.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
BNAHW, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2009
Deeply regret communication error. Manager had to leave town unexpectedly and did not have time to follow up originally. We have since replaced the item with no cost to the guest.

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport? Share your experiences!