“Very Nice Facilities, Bad Food” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Romance Package
Ranked #28 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Memphis, United States
“Very Nice Facilities, Bad Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Our primary reason for usually selecting Homewood Suites is the breakfast and evening reception. However, the cooked food and drinks being served at this location seemed particularly sub-par and we discontinued participation after the first day's experiences. While I would not expect to get home-cooked quality, I do expect that the food and drinks would be as good as what you would get in a restaurant. I was also surprised and dismayed that there was not a self-service waffle station at this location. I realize that there is a balance that must be met between cost and quality, but I strongly feel that a very minor increase in the cost of the products being used would result in significantly improved food and drink quality.

330 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We normally stay in the city when we visit Nashville as we like to have easy walking access to everything. Nothing in the city was available for our dates. The affordable rates at this hotel more than compensated for the fact that we needed to rent a car. The drive into town was easy and affordable parking was readily available. We spent most of our time in town, only sleeping and showering in the hotel, so it was completely adequate for our purposes.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

chattanooga, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

1st stay there and the suite was a lot more than I expected. Quiet, comfortable. Just an overall pleasant stay. They allowed a late check out so my wife could stay in the room until I got out of my meeting in downtown Nashville.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

This is a great deal for the price! The room was like a 1 BR apartment. You had a seperate kitchen area with a sofa and TV - then some 'french doors' and your bed/bathroom on the other side along wtih another TV.

My only issue was the fridge was SUPER loud as was the air conditioner...but those things are really not a big issue for me. The bed was comfortable. Breakfast every morning was great - they always had 4 warm options to choose from - usually eggs, some sort of potato, some sort of breakfast meat, etc.

Coffee is available 24/7 and there is free wifi, parking, and the breakfast. For 100$ a night you cannot ask for anything more. A quick 10 minutes from downtown nashville and a cab ride of 15-20$ for 2 people to go downtown.

We would stay here again...for sure!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
East Windsor, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I've stayed at a number of Hilton properties in the Nashville Airport area. Homewood Suites is about on par with them - better in some ways, not necessarily in others. The exterior was in good shape and parking wasn't a problem. The staff I dealt with was pleasant, especially the front desk worker who checked me in.

The room itself was pretty good except for the fact that it was noticeably warm and there was no way to make it any cooler. The thermostat, which was locked or stuck, was set as low as it could go and the windows could not be opened at all. There was a ceiling fan in the bedroom, and that helped a bit. But overall, if I hadn't been wearing shorts and a t-shirt I would've been quite uncomfortable.

Otherwise the room was clean and in generally good repair. The bed was pretty comfortable and the shower was better than the other area Hiltons I've stayed in.

I did not partake of the dinner or breakfast area so I can't comment on that. Nor did I use the pool, as I think it was closed for the season (mid-October).

Overall, this is a decent place to stay and I can't think of any reasons to not recommend it.

Parrish, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

I always stay at this Homewood Suites when traveling to Nashville to work. The grounds are well maintained, rooms are clean and staff is always very helpful and pleasant. I recommend this hotel highly.

Bar Harbor, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

I took my son to Nashville for long weekend vacation in October and this was an amazing hotel to stay at. The rooms were very clean and the beds were comfortable (even the pull out sofa) and the breakfast had a large selection. The staff was extremely helpful with in suggesting restaurants and places to get take out in town as well as giving me directions and very patient with my son and his requests. The location is great, close to Opryland, and not too far from downtown. I've stayed at other hotels in Nashville before this trip, but Homewood will by my new home away from home on my next trip there.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Nashville-Airport? Share your experiences!