“very nice” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #25 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Richmond, Virginia
“very nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I had never stayed at Homewood suites and was pleasantly surprised! They not only had a happy hour they also provided dinner during the week and breakfast every day. They could use another toaster during breakfast, but the food was pretty good.

326 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
HARRISONBURG VA, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

I drove a tour bus for years...so I've been around the block a few times....this place ALL THINGS CONSIDERED...cant be beat.....clean,quiet,great breakfast, close to everything...well lit parking lot..friendly staff...I have stayed here many times..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Centerburg, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

We were very pleased with our stay. We were here for 4 days with our 4 kids and staying at this hotel saved us alot of money because the breakfast and dinner was included. The food on all 4 days was really good. We only heard airplanes when we were out at the pool, which my kids thought was cool that they flew overhead. Staff was great. Clean room. Would def stay there again.

Woodstock, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Had the whole family there in multiple rooms. Very clean, cheerful front desk clerks, pleasant shuttle driver. This is an easy drive over to Vandy and the hotel has free parking. Included dinners/breakfasts were good and the area very clean. The rooms were perfect for visiting, with sofa, kitchen and desk away from bed and bath area. Felt safe. Very affordable compared to the cost of staying by Vanderbilt campus on graduation weekend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
HOBART
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013 via mobile

We booked a 2 bedroom with pull out couch for 5 people and were given 1 king bed and a tiny pullout that has brown stains on it. The sheets look dirty and the kitchen counter is sticky. We were also told the price included dinner and breakfast. When we got here they said they don't have dinner. There are loud people hanging out in the lobby and parking lot and it doesn't feel safe. The biggest complaint it how rude the front desk clerk is. She said she couldn't help me b/c I didn't print my reservation showing 2 beds(we booked it on the phone) and that it showed I asked for 1 King bed. I asked if it was policy for 5 people to sleep in one King bed and she said she books 6 or 7 sometimes. While waiting in line to talk to the front desk I saw the people in front of me ask why they got 1 king when they also booked 2 beds. I also heard peoples phone calls about a playpen they never got in their room at 10pm and she said well there's nothing I can do about it I requested it already. I saw a worker walk by about 5 minutes later and she yelled across the lobby "hey a playpen to 109". She lied to the lady on the phone and said she already requested it earlier. Not a place I would ever stay at again.

• Stayed July 2013
Murray, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We had to ask for a crib and towels 4 times. We didnt get a crib till 1130PM after asking for it. Obviously our child was asleep by this point but we set it up.. only to find it covered in puke. The cabinet doors were falling apart. 4 different doors were separated from the hinges. The staff could have cared less. My inlaws stayed in another room that didnt have a cover on the bathroom light fixture. Will NEVER stay there again.

Plainview, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I will start with the pros: This hotel is located in a great area, Clean rooms and spacious with a full kitchen. Nice pool and good hot breakfast. Staff is friendly but not the southern charm we have received from other hotels in the area. Now the cons. Paid with a debit card but wanted to put the incidental charge on another card to keep them from "holding" extra vacation money. The clerk ended up charging my debit twice for our stay. 3 nights x 2 = alot of money "pending". They were nice enough to comp our entire stay, but i would have rather just paid for my stay and been without this whole frustrating mess. Had I not had money stashed somewhere else till the "pending" money could be released, our vacation would have been a total disaster. The rooms have central air which is nice, but noisy. Ceiling fan in bedroom was noisy and wobbled so it rendered it useless. Black out curtains are good though. I very seldom write reviews that are not complimentary, but frustration overcame me this time. Bad thing is, they have a TripAdvisor framed letter at the front desk. Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Room Tip: Top floor would be your best bet. Walls and floors seem a little thin.