“Barely Okay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Nashville Airport Inn & Suites

Save Saved
You added Nashville Airport Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Nashville Airport Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2425 Atrium Way, Nashville, TN 37214 (Formerly Ramada Inn & Suites Airport North near Opryland)   |
Ranked #121 of 150 hotels in Nashville
Aiken, South Carolina
“Barely Okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We've stayed here the past few years while attending the CMA Fan Festival and this will be the last time. The last 2 days of our stay, no one cleaned our room. This meant no clean towels and no trash emptied, so we did it ourselves. When I called the desk to inquire about cleaning our room after 2 days, they stated no one was there to do it. I can deal with the outdated decor as long as it's clean. The lady in the breakfast area does a good job with what !limited offerings they have. Will definitely be looking for somewhere else for next year.

• Stayed June 2014
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thanks for reviewing us.. and thank you for choosing our hotel these last few years, for the CMA's.
I actually investigated your issue with those days you had now towels, Unfortunately our long term (stay over) housekeeper Kim, that normally does that floor, was actually giving birth to her baby that week of the CMA's and she was on maternity leave.. We higher ed a new member of staff to cover, but she was a lil overwhelmed with the amount of rooms and work that week that she decided to leave and not finish her work of the day.. we were so overworked with so man guests that we didn't even noticed she had left early that day..

My apologies for this mishap, please call the my office ext. #353 and I will at least pre-book you for next years CMA's at a substantial, discounted rate.. though, I'm not taken bookings right now for next year's fest.. I will certainly make the exception for you..

See you Next Year..

Director of Sales

68 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

We came down for the CMA fest. When arriving to the hotel, we were given a room that was not what we reserved. We went to the front desk and the woman was very kind and quickly corrected the error.
We paid $169 a night for a double suite. It had 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, kitchen and living area. It was very clean. We also asked the front desk for things such as cab service and fast food and a gentleman named Daniel was extremely helpful. We also used the shuttle service, and a gentleman named Mickey was more than helpful. He drove us around at all hours for a cheaper rate than the cabs.
We were hesitant about this hotel because if the reviews, but are happy we stayed here. We will be back next year!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you so much for commenting on the great service, that Dan & Mickey gave to you.. I am glad they built re pore with you and made you feel very welcome at our Hotel.
I am glad you liked our 2 Bedroom Suites, they are quite spacious and as you said clean.. with extra room including, the two bathrooms, for just one suite.

It's very thoughtful of you to write this lovely review about our Hotel.. I can fully understand when people are choosing hotels that they do read reviews... we have a situation in the past where I was getting positive reviews from some guests that personally called me to say they had giving us a good review.. however, Trip Advisor seem to to anxious to post my good reviews.

I have called Trip Advisor with regards of this issue but nothing seemed to be rectified, hence why most people do have that feeling of uneasiness when reading reviews about us.. If they could see the other positive reviews that were never posted they may have a change of mind.

My thoughts for all who read this response is :
A book shouldn't be judged by it's cover...
Come experience our Kindness, our Warmth, and beautiful memories relaxing by our gorgeous pool..

People can say hurtful things in Negative reviews... with no consequence of the Financial part of any business.. Reviews do put companies out of business.. which is somewhat sad, in my view..
But all in all.. I can safely say that we have a loaded Housekeeping team that is deep cleaning our rooms once a week.. we may be an older hotel but this hotel has many charming qualities to it.. for example SPACE.. we have lots of space in out suites when makes all the different.. We have VALUE!~ all single studio suites are now ranging at lows of just $59 a night & tax . can't beaut that.. can you? :)

Again Thanks a million, for your kind and honest words and we can't wait to see you back again with us for the CMA's 2015

Respectively,

Director of Sales.
Bowmanville, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

We had booked through trivago.com, the photos showed that it was a Ramada property. When we arrived it was not a Ramada property any more. The carpets had stains, the sheets were stained, towel torn and shampoo was crusted over. Front desk staff was shifty, gave us a bill that was considerably less than what was charged to our card. When we questioned he claimed it wasn't a real bill just a sheet to give me the wifi code. Hmmmm. One bright spot, we contacted the booking site trivago.com to complain about the misleading info, they responded immediately, listened to my concerns and removed the misleading photos from their site. Fantastic customer service, I'll definitely use trivago again!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
If you had so many problems and didn't trust our staff.. why didn't you report all this to Management? Just curious..
Jensen Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stayed here and the reviews made us extremely skeptical. However, it was not at all bad. The breakfast was average, the room was very clean . And it was the least expensive and very close to hopping onto the highways for getting places. We had a 5 night stay. There was coffee always in the lobby. If you needed a computer, it was in the lobby. The desk clerks were very knowledgeable and helpful.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Barbara,

What a lovely review I am reading just now..
forgive me for not responding sooner, I have being so busy, these last few days, at our Hotel in Nashville, that I have finally being able to sit down and have a hot cup of coffee and read the lovely comments you have written about our hotel.

We hired a very large team of new house keepers and I am so please you observed the cleanliness of our rooms.. Indeed so many rooms i show on a daily basis as show rooms to potential weddings and reunions that i do agree our cleanliness on each room is improving daily.. we are by no means there yet, but we are making a head way..

Our Family at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites are so precious and are our most loyal Staff.. These awesome men and women, in my view, are the VERY BEST of Nashville GSR's..
I couldn't ask for a greater team.. Our team of solid, friendly professionals behind the Front desk have worked with us now ,for close to 2 years.. I'm so very proud of them.

"We're Family.". and that is the kind of customer service, we want to portray..
We want every guest to feel like they are part of our Family.. we have a lot of love, integrity, care and service to give.. and we do feel so rewarded, when we wow our guests.. and they send us nice reviews like yours..

Have a great week...

Business is Booming
in this Nashville CMA's week!!!

Director of Sales
Houston, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I arrived in Nashville at 11:30 pm without a room reservation. I surfed the WEB in my car and came across this hotel which was close to the airport. The rate was excellent $70 per night inclusive of tax. The night clerk was very accommodating. When I entered the room I was disappointed. It had an odor as if it had been closed for a while. The carpet was severely stained. The HVAC unit had a pan under it because it had leaked in the past. The carpet in that area was wet. The restroom tile was also stained. I tried both vending machines in the common area to find they were broke.

Not a good experience for a weary traveler.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for your kind remarks on our Night auditor, indeed he is a super employee and we wish we could have more like him.. Thanks also for complimenting us on our value of price in Nashville.
We really appreciate all the feedback we can get.. and I'm am please to let you know, my regular carpet cleaning firm is finally back from vacation from over seas, after just reading your review, I have just come off the phone from and his team of professional carpet cleaners.. and they are scheduled to do the entire hotel tomorrow at 9am. so once again, thank you for bringing this to my attention..
Drexel Hill, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

I booked this room through BJ's membership travel looking to save a substantial amount of money as compared to the room I had booked with my mom and teenage sister at the Marriott. In doing so, I was FULLY aware that we would not be staying in a five star hotel, and was certainly not expecting much. What I was expecting as a paying customer, regardless of the price, was a clean, safe room and respectful staff- these minimal expectations were not close to being met!

To be fair the lobby looked very clean and orderly which had made me hopeful. Once I tried to check-in, I was told that there was no reservation in my name to which I responded by handing the printed out confirmation and reservation# and proof of prepayment I received at the time of booking. I was asked to take a seat while they look into this- no big deal these kind of things happen I certainly wasn't upset just looking for a resolution. About 15 minutes passed and I was called over to say they couldn't find my reservation but they where still getting a room ready and they would handle call the travel club to straighten things out, again no big deal and I appreciated the work that was going into getting us in a room. At some point in the interaction a front desk manager (Bob) intercepted my situation. I have been standing there now going on 30 minutes and I hear this guy who never even looked my way or acknowledged that I was even there, said "license" while staring at the computer screen. Odd, usually if someone is asking you for something they look at you or say "can I have..." etc. especially those in a hospitality management position,so,I didn't answer because I wasn't sure if he was asking me or the employee I had been working with earlier- turns out it was me he was asking. That annoyed me a bit because at this point I had very patiently been there for 30+ minutes for an "issue" that shouldn't have been (as I later found out, my reservation had been in their email all along) and now was dealing with attitude from a front desk manager. Mistakes happen as far as rooms etc HOWEVER, crappy attitudes from staff to customers shouldn't. Doesn't end here...

Got the key to what was our room. We had booked suite with two double beds what we saw was a bedroom not suite (feels funny even referring to these as "Suites") with one king size bed and reeked of cigarette smoke when we had requested a non-smoking room. I wasn't thrilled but not angry, it was a busy tourist weekend and I could tell they were busy and as a nurse, I know how quickly you can get overwhelmed with too many things thrown your way. I went back to the desk told manager Bob the room wasn't the right room was incorrect and needed the one we had booked. Totally annoyed, he took my previous keys didn't say anything to me until a few moments later when he handed the new room key and actually explained where I should park to be close to the room-nice but some professional courtesy and perhaps an "I'm sorry for the mix up" would have been fitting given the situation. Second room was in fact a "suite," still reeked of cigarettes, the couch looked as though it been trash picked and was beyond filthy, the kitchen- unexplainably gross with aluminum foil all over the stove and oven burners, bedroom was the least of our worries but knew we'd be using the sheets and comforters we had brought from home, I never even looked at the bathroom because once I noticed that the latch on the top security lock of the door was missing, I was out. After the hour- hour and a half we had been trying to check in at this point, we had all noticed a few other guests who sadly yet, so obviously were suffering from severe substance abuse problems and made no effort hiding it. Also noticed that the room two doors down a window frame that looked like a glass timer and was detaching from the brick frame - again major safety red flag. Went back explained that I wasn't trying to be a pain in the butt however there was no way we could stay in a room that didn't have a security lock (deadbolt kind of latch lock) now, I had annoyed him and was told how booked they are and now I'll have to wait... well, not my fault that you have now blown an hour and a half of my time giving me first, a room I didn't request, and now a second room with no security lock in the shadiest joint I have ever had the misfortune of booking. FYI no sorry was spoken to me ever. SO, third room keys...directly above previous room (and room with a joke of a window) and the door wont open. I kid you not, all three of us tried and it would not open. I had had it at this point was was on the phone with the travel company to see what I could do to get some sort of refund due to the numerous issues I had experienced but namely the safety concerns. If it were my mom and I, it still would have been difficult to stay but we would have tried BUT there was no way I could/ would sleep at night knowing what we had witnessed thus far and having a 17 year old in the room. My mom knowing how agitated and close to losing my cool with this guy, went back to the desk and explained the door wouldn't open and how frustrating this process has been got the recharged key and went back to try. Again, door wouldn't open and I was done. Doner than done.

The travel company called the front desk who by policy would refund two of three nights. So, I was charged $113.xx for a room I never witnessed as the door wouldn't open- and it was the best money I have ever thrown away. I don't enjoy throwing money away (which is what had got us in this mess in the first place) but for safety in this situation, it wasn't even a question. Again, my mom returned the key and to be fair, this time Bob was very nice and said he had tried to send someone up to help us with the door but we had already left. He said he wished we would stay at least the night we were paying for since it was policy and it would be hard to find a room elsewhere. He at the end of it seemed to have some empathy and while it was too little to late, we did appreciate that. Luckily, we found a Best Western relatively close by that was amazing and delivered cleanliness and safety.

So, after trying to check in for TWO HOURS unsuccessfully, numerous issues along the way, I can wholeheartedly say this was hands down the worst travel experience of my life. The photos on tripadvisor that say "courtesy of hotel manager" look like The Plaza in relation to what we encountered and I wish I had taken my own photos especially of the window frame and lock. I didn't even touch on the lopsided hallways on the second and third floors, but I am honestly surprised this place meets code. The hotel manager's response to the review that said the fence looked dilapidated, is bogus- the fence near the pool looked in very good condition however, the wooden fence behind the dumpsters separating this place from the building behind it was definitely in beyond poor condition. And yes, I had plenty of time to assess these things in my two hours on the property.

Do yourself and those staying with you a favor and book elsewhere. Trust reviews, not the manager's responses on this one. And the review under the name Bob in Nashville- yep, that's the front desk guy I was talking about, next time don't use your real photo when deceptively trying to boast your own rating. I'm not sure what was worse, the fact he posted that or that the manager responded as if she were unaware it was her employee. BEWARE OF THIS PLACE.

Room Tip: book a different hotel!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Thank you for reviewing us...

My goodness, wow, after reading and re-reading your lengthy novel on trip advisor,
I have come to the conclusion.. that three times my manager Bob over and over and over again gave you keys to three different rooms.. and three times, your expectation was not to your standards.. He refunded you your two night, and he did all in his power to appease you but unfortunately there was no pleasing..

We when we are busy.. we at times, can't not please everyone.. we try very very hard, but there are some people that we simply can not satisfied..

Bob, who is a terrific manager, can not always smile at every customer when we are sold out.. by his actions he served the best that was in his ability to and even apologize that he couldn't meed your needs..

Sorry we didn't meet your expectation.. feel free to call me at the office if you wish..
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Was very pleased with this property. Great value for my money, clean rooms, nice pool. I read the reviews on here myself but was very satisfied. Management at front desk was very friendly and helpful throughout my stay. Would stay here again

Room Tip: Corner suites are very nice
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Why, thank you so very much, for reviewing us..

and it is but a breath of fresh air to have some nice reviews share to the world about our lovely hotel..

I am glad you liked our management staff.. I am proud that you had the decency of reviewing us a positive review.. sadly most people forget about the good reviews and focus only on the negative reviews when right reviews..

This is not the case in your case so I think you most sincerely for helping with our ratings..

My Staff and I are very proud of our hotel and feel that is should be the memories of Nashville they should hold and remember in their heart.. as opposed to a door hinge that may not work..

Thanks once again we love to get reviews healthy and positive such as your.. we look forward to your return and please ask for me.. for a special coupon discount of your next stay.. $20 dollars off :)

Been to Nashville Airport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!