“HORRIBLE!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Nashville Airport Inn & Suites

You added Nashville Airport Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Nashville Airport Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   2425 Atrium Way, Nashville, TN 37214 (Formerly Ramada Inn & Suites Airport North near Opryland)   |
Ranked #133 of 151 Hotels in Nashville
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“HORRIBLE!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Booked on a last minute decision to spend the night before catching a flight..bad idea! Cheap, but nasty. Supposed to be a non smoking room, but it smelled of smoke and had an ash tray, so I'm assuming we were put in the wrong room. They were having problems with the system, so couldn't make us a key and therefore we couldn't leave the room without an office attendant coming to let us back in. Breakfast and newspaper was available, but the shuttle to the airport was running late and the guy at the front desk was rude about it..we know when it is last minute to get to airport and when it's not, we travel frequently! Once the shuttle arrives those people were rude as well..but luckily we made it to the airport. I was scared to leave my car at the hotel, but it was still in one piece when I got back so that was a plus.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Dear Traveler..

Firstly, may I say, Thank you for responding to Trip Advisor and leaving your review about our hotel here..
I was reading it and found it to be the perfect combination of how a review should be written.. Something Good with Something negative.. so I commend you on writing a honest, thorough review.. i would like to see more reviews like this when responding to reviews..

Now as for your heading 'HORRIBLE' for some people our hotel is absolutely 'FANTASTIC' it's all how you view a place.. either from a Negative perspective or from a Positive perspective, we have many many friends and guests that we call family that return to our hotel over and over again.. with great & happy experiences from Nashville Airport Inn & Suites.

Actually, dear traveler, some folk feel extremely safe on our Atrium Way.. and tell me again and again how safe and quiet our road is.. where our hotel is situation.. I keep getting so many reviews on third party extra nets, that telling me.. GREAT LOCATION, SAFE, QUIET etc.etc. but again.. different strokes for different folks..

To address your serious concerns.. may i share with you that we use a brilliant shuttle service in Nashville, There called Driving Miss Daisy and they are ranked very high on efficiency and reliability they are usually right there when we call with a max of a 20 minuets wait time..

As for the staff member that was rude.. I have let go of staff that does not put the customer first.. you stayed in March it says, so since then we have new staff with correct training.. I run a tight ship here and my staff I am pleased and proud to say, they all know how to WOW the customer.. in fact, one of my staff just recently has being nominated for the Nashville's CVB Yearly Award for Customer Service for going out of his way for caring to a hotel guest..

In all fairness.. there must have being a confusion in you being displaced into a smoking room. Oviously our NON Smoking rooms we do not place ashtrays in it so I know you were in one of our smoking room, Somehow I wished you came back to the front desk and asked to be moved.. seeing that you saw the ashtray.. We only have 20 rooms for smokers.. personally if I had my way I would make the entire hotel NON SMOKING.. however.. that wouldn't be fair to the smokers that enjoy a cigarette watching HBO..

Because you were displaced, I would dearly like to offer you a comp for a non smoking room for your future return trip with us..

Please call my office on ext #353 and we will talk via phone..

Many thanks for reviewing us..

Trisha Breeden
Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Kodak, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

This place is beyond Horrible. After reading a bad review on line the morning I was leaving to go to Nashville, I decided to ask to see the room before I checked in. Upon entering the lobby it was obvious this place was old and "Dirty". As we were walking to the room with the attendant, we passed the "Broken Ice Machine". The girl had trouble opening the door, which was obviously stuck After getting the door open, we were met by a horrific chemical odor. Just one look inside revealed, filthy dirty carpet, horrible outdated décor which also looked dirty . There is no way I was going to stay here. Who knows what other horrible things lurked beyond the door. This place needs to be Condemned.. It is "horrible" do not stay here. To bad they won't let me express my disgust in all caps for further emphasis.

Room Tip: Do not stay here under any circumstances. It's horrible. The place needs to be torn down.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Here is my response to both of your Reviews.
One with Trip Advisor and the other with Booking.com!~

(Review 2. with Booking.com)

I made a reservation for this hotel through this web site; however, once I got there I was so disappointed I did not stay. The place was FILTHY, I asked to see the room before I checked in as I had read 2 bad reviews the morning I left for Nashville. The room was horrible, the door was hard to open, once it opened there was a horrible chemical smell that hit you in the face. This place needs to be condemned. HORRIBLE
====

Dear Traveler,

In relation to the word "FILTHY" May I ask what part?area? or room type? or space are you referring to? We have a 120 all suite hotel.. sitting on a 2 acre lot... Your word "FILTHY" is too GENERAL a word that I find it a little difficult to respond to this review, in terms of fixing an area that you are pertaining too..Its best to be more specific when writing reviews.

In relation to the "Horrible Chemical" smell that hit you in the face, so you said, This is our air freshener which is an ECO product used mostly all Hotels. It has a PINE Smell to it and it is concentrated so very little needs to be used. There is a possibility that the cleaner may have over sprayed to much before she left her cleaned room . of which I shall get with their housekeeping Inspectors and let them know that they don't have to spay so much in the rooms..

As for the Door jam, certainly Maintenance should have being aware of that.. however if nothing is said about a door being hard to open how can maintenance know which door to fix?
Sometimes it's the weather that causes door to expand or contract.. so having a door that was stuck really should not be a reason why you may not want to stay in our hotel. This is not a 5 star Hotel but even if it was, doors come undone there too.. I must share dear traveller that we are not asking for you to pay $200 plus dollars our low prices range from $50 plus per night which include breakfast, free USA today, free wifi, free parking, free airport shuttle so the value for what you get from our 2 star hotel should at least compensate, or may I say should overlook a few minor details such as our door jam and air freshener smell that was not pleasing to your taste.

I guess, my question to you is.. why if you felt this room, was not in your liking that you didn't let the front desk know that you would like to see another room before you left? May I ask you, why did you not ask to speak to a Manager? To say the hotel that I run, needs to be "Condemned!" is a little harsh of words.. don't you feel? It's my belief, that it is better to choose your words wisely particularly when sharing "Formal" complaints..

We have many very happy people that enjoy our hotel and if you got given a room that had a door jam in the future please let the front desk know first, before you up and leave.. there are many rooms in our hotel that are in great shape.. All you had to do is ask to be moved and we would have gladly did that for you..

I apologize that you were had an unpleasant experience at our hotel, It cost Millions of dollars to update everything in my hotel, I certainly can tell you that this is my plan to update our hotel.. but for not it is one room at a time.. feel free to come back next time your in Nashville I will personal inspect the room for you and I assure you dear traveler, you will be satisfied with my choosing of room..
Olive Branch, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

I was worried about the location since it had 'airport' in the hotel name. I am 22 and I went with 3 of my best friends. The hotel seemed very safe during our stay. They had a good breakfast every morning. This was just what we needed for a quick girl's weekend. The staff was my favorite part though. They were extremely friendly, accomodating, and honest. I left something very expensive in the room and realised this 2 days later. I thought for sure it would have been gone, no matter the hotel. I called and they had the item stored in a safe location and shipped it back to me.

Room Tip: Go with a higher floor. They have less noise. Should we return, we will do that next time.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Dear Traveler,

Thank you so much for your lovely review, it's great to know you felt quiet safe in our hotel and liked our quiet location and I'm trilled you enjoyed breakfast on us.. but above all.. I thank you that you enjoyed the customer service of our staff the best.. we try really hard to make you feel welcome and happy in our hotel.. we want to make you feel like you are part of our extended family.. we have new staff working here right now that do an excellent job on caring for the guest of which I'm well pleased and happy of all new young professional right now..

I must admit Olive, our housekeeping staff just does an excellent job with lost and found items.. they are extremely honest and no matter how trivial or how expensive the item is.. it will always be stored in our housekeeping safe closet and left there for many months til someone calls in.. Isn't it just great to find things that are thought to be lost.. Glad you were well taking care of in our hotel.. we aim to please.. again, thanks for your lovely review, I really enjoyed reading this..
Walkerton, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

I do not often review hotels but I feel an obligation to warn others not to stay here. We were booked in as a group with 2 suites, we ended up with 4 rooms not close together. Called in advance to book a crib, told it was no problem when we arrived told there were no cribs for liability reasons... Had we known there was no crib I would have brought my own. Nothing was done to help us with this matter, except the front desk guy offering to lend us a crib from a buddy, kind but in my opinion not up professional standards. Ended up sleeping terribly as was always a concern little one would roll out of bed. Room was not clean by any stretch of the imagination... Toothpaste on sink and counter, towels stained, hair in tub and on toilet, towel bar broken, toilet paper on the floor when we checked in, kitchen area awful, fridge full of ice, cigarette burns in curtains and linens as well as furniture. All in all an absolutely disgusting hotel in terms of cleanliness and not able to follow through on things like cribs, extra towels, right room configuration and location. Do not stay here nothing good about this place.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Traveler..

This morning I got with my housekeeping inspector and one of my front desk managers and front desk staff with regards to the crib that you had requested.. I was told we had some cots that were in the housekeeping closet available for you.. I'm not sure if the front desk person was aware that they were stacked in the housekeeping closet.. he said he was unaware we had more stored there.. my apologies for his lack of knowledge in knowing where they were.. he now is aware of where they are and this miscommunication will not happen again..

Secondly.. You inspection of your room is to me, quiet alarming.. the words you are describing about having toothpaste on our sinks etc.. I find this to be quiet disturbing.. I can not fathom my housekeepers leaving a room to be of that dismay.. Please reach out to me on ext 353 for I am curious why you didn't asked to be room moved.. we would never want any of our guests to have this kind of experience as you had..

On a brighter note, If and when you do return to Nashville, I would certainly love to have you stay in a room that I personally would inspect for you.. I would be more then happy to comp your next trip.. Let me make it up to you..
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

Trisha in sales is eager to please! I've spoke to her a few times. Three room stay was large. They are trying to please the customer, so any problems she'll take care of. Great deal! Beds were among the best I've slept in at a hotel.

• Stayed February 2013
Awe Michael ,

Thank you so much for your kind words about me.. you have got me blushing ;)

There are times when I read reviews I do investigate all issues and try my hardest to find solutions.There are times when we know, there are some people out there, that just wanna make false accusations in reviewing.... I do know the hotel I operate is for the most part clean and situated in a quiet spot of Nashville, close to the airport.. and no, we never profess it to be a Hyatt , Hilton or Radission but we don't offer those kind of prices either..

Michael, thank you for reviewing us.. and caring about our service.. though I do believe that sometimes, one may not be always able to fix everything.. it is indeed the giving of great customer service makes all the difference... when one gets good service, they look past the spot on the carpet , they remember their stay as one to be more treasured then just an inspection of a room.. it is the memories we take with us... that count the most..

I look forward to your return... make sure you come ask for me when you stay next with us..
Again.. Thanks for making me blush today.. my grin is from ear to ear.. :)
Chula Vista, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Not worth the $110. Door would not shut properly, electrical outlets coming loose from wall & some not working, batteries removed from fire alarm, blood on mirror, some sort of gunk on curtains, carpet not vaccumed -debris on floor, kitchen sink backed up, holes &cigarette burns on bedding. Would like a refund! I have the photos to prove it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Dear Traveler..
I'm sorta perturbed at the content of your review.. it seems to me you must have being accidentally placed.. in possibly one of our, Out of Order rooms.. there is no way, what so ever, we would put someone in a room that had electrical problems.. I am presuming you stayed here on Friday night , which the Marathon of Nashville was the next day.. We were full to capacity.. and I'm sure one of our GSR's were trying to accommodate as many people as they could..with the last rooms left.. I apologize for your inconvenience.. please call my office on ext 353 for a future free comp stay.. at our hotel.. We would be more then happy make it up to you..
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013 via mobile

As a touring musician, I'm used to bad hotels. I only review the ones that try to get away with not providing the bare essentials, like hot water. This place is dirty, stains all over couch and carpet, and the bathroom sink was clogged. Did I mention no hot water, not even warm water?

• Stayed April 2013
Trisha B, Director of Sales at Nashville Airport Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Dear Traveler, our hotel is always busy with many up and coming bands that stay with us, that want to make it big in Nashville, I am glad you did come to visit with us.. and I respect your thoughts and review, i was wondering if you could message me with the room you stayed in as i can assure you, We do have HOT WATER.. in our hotel.. however maybe something was wrong with your room, or faucet, or something?.. so please let me know what you room stayed in and I will have maintenance take a further look at what went wrong in your stay..

I do apologize and would be more then happy for you to call me, when you get some time..

Been to Nashville Airport Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!