“Bathroom Disaster” 3 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Wilmington, Delaware
“Bathroom Disaster”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

First the good: Clean, great people, especially the shuttle driver, decent bed and sitting area, nice breakfast spread. Not so good: no 24 hour coffee (other than in room or k-up at bar) and not hot food on getaway day (not sure if they don't do that on Sat. or they were running late. The bad: the design of the bathroom was ridiculous. If you used the toilet you had to go into the shower to open the door and get out. The shower and toilet were in a room that should have been a closet. The sink was adjacent and if you wanted any privacy, there was none. This was bad design in our view. It was our first trip to Hyatt Place (we normally do Hampton Suites or Holiday Inn Express and if all the bathroom designs are like this one, we are not going back. We were not looking for luxury, just for some reasonable space to take care of basic needs in a comfortable and private way. Our solution was to have one person go to the lobby for coffee while the other person got ready and vice versa....not especially convenient.

Room Tip: Unless you are alone, find out about the bathroom layout, don't know if this hotel or our room w...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

My wife and i stayed here for a week. We had a very pleasant and relaxing stay. Many of the great experiences we had in Nashville were due to recommendations we got from Hyatt staff. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed June 2013
Murrysville, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

My husband and I stay here when we visit our son in Nashville. It's a very nice place, good value, great location. The only negative is the small design of the bathroom. On the plus side, it's a great place for our son to come and sit with us for a visit, since it has a suite-like feel to it. Nice couches with a big ottoman, desk, wet bar, you feel like you can stretch out and relax here. Pleasant, efficient staff, very nice lobby and snack area. We will be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Brick, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Clean and comfortable, room was spacious enough except for the bathroom, can barely close the door from toilet or shower... and I don't like a sink in the bedroom area. Closet was so tiny it was a good thing we only spent 2 nights. The staff is very friendly and helpful, The free breakfast was enjoyable, but seating was spread out all over the lobby. They need a dining area. Plenty of fresh fruit always available in the lobby. It is in an excellent location with many restaurants and Grand Ole Opry nearby. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Higher floors are more to my liking, usually quieter. We had a King room and except for the bathroom...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Cedartown, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had a very satisfactory,albeit short, stay at the Hyatt Place Opryland. All of the hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. I found the breakfast to be satisfying but breakfast area could be larger. I would give an excellent rating if not for the bathroom design; very small and I am not a fan of outside the bathroom vanities. That said, I would not let that stand in the way of a return visit.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Houston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Oh where to start.... Well the room is average at best. The bathroom is smaller than the bathroom in our RV. The staff was terrible and the sad part is it was obvious it wasn't their fault. They were understaffed and under trained. They have one person working as the front desk/room service/ barista. At check in I waited 25 minutes just to check in because of their lack of staff. I asked the front desk agent upon check in about their pet policy and she informed me they had none, I then asked if there was a waiver I had to sign and she responded with a "no" as well. Sunday night we had a neighboring room that had a pipe burst which resulted in a lot of yelling in noise for at least 30 minutes. We had no apology from staff for the noise and inconvenience. After receiving our folio under the door on Monday we saw a $200 pet fee. You can imagine I was a little confused as well as upset. I went down to the front desk on our way out to talk to someone about this random pet fee when I was told there was none and no pet policy (she acted like they openly accepted pets). When I got to the desk there was a couple in front of me in line and it looked like that has already been waiting. Fifteen minutes went by and still no appearance of anyone at the front desk, at this point I decided to leave before my anger got the best of me. A few days after we got home I got a survey which I filled out and I also added a comment about my experience and the unexplained charge. I received a email back from the general manager telling me she would reduce the fee. I thought wow thats really nice, but I hadn't d finished reading the email... She went on to say she had several complaints from rooms around us on Sunday morning because our dogs were barking. The funny thing is I along with my fiance and mother were in the room until noon that day. My mom was not feeling well recovering from her last chemotherapy treatment. So I'm pretty sure if 1. my dogs were barking we would have stopped that. 2. The front desk would have called the room to inform us of the complaints. Neither of these things happened because it was not our dogs. I can not believe the general manger of a hotel would actually accuse a guest without proof of something for no reason at all but to have the last word because she has to refund the fake pet deposit. I have worked in the hotel business for 8 years as a sales manager and I have never heard of a $200 non-refundable pet deposit and I have definitely never dealt with GM as rude as this one. I suggest if you are even considering this place, please stay in a cardboard box on the side of the road first. The staff here was a joke and now having dealt with the GM I see where they get it.

Room Tip: For a $200 non-refundable pet policy forget this place and stay at a Westin or Ritz where pets are e...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here after being at the Gaylord Opryland for a couple of nights, so there was no way that the property was going to be able to compare to that. However, the staff was incredibly helpful and nice. They really made the stay there for us. There are quite a few places to eat within walking distance and it is less than a mile to the Gaylord Opryland if you just wanted to walk over there to see the gardens at that hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Nashville/Opryland? Share your experiences!