“Perfect Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown

You added Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   170 4th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
South Windsor, Connecticut
“Perfect Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

At check-in, we were greeted by a very informative and friendly staff member, She explained that the hotel dates back to 1904 and was once a bank and the city's first skyscraper. (12 floors!) This added to the charm of the building. The hotel is close to all Nashville attractions making it a very convenient choice. Walking distance to Broadway, Ryman Auditorium, Country Music Hall of Fame. Staff is friendly and extremely attentive. We stayed in a King Suite. The room was roomy and clean. The king bed was very comfortable, however, the pull-out sofa mattress was very uncomfortable! Request a roll-away if you are in a room with a pull-out sofa bed. The only other complaint would be the lighting in the room. In particular, the lighting is poor in the bathroom and in the sink area just outside the bathroom. Great choice for easy accessibility to most of the major Nashville attractions.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2014

First off, the location is great, easy walking distance to Broadway, the Hall of Fame, the NHL center and other attractions. Additionally, the service was always helpful and friendly.

However, I was extremely disappointed in the room. We booked through the Hotel's website (as if we booked through a third party I would expect a greater likelihood of a bad room) but our 'King' room was about 10x10' with a short hall way to a bathroom and the best was only slightly larger than a queen at best (did not measure it). I was extremely disappointed in the room and would not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
BNADT, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Hello EricP24,

You indicated in your response that the guest room was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit and that future travelers also do as well.

I am excited to announce that our hotel is scheduled to begin a full room’s renovations project in December. After seeing the plans and the sketches of the rooms, one word comes to mind "WOW". I am sure that even the season traveler, such as you, will be pleased. I also wanted to share a little history too. Our building was once Nashville's first high-rise and the tallest building; in 1904. Well we are no longer the tallest, but I believe maybe the oldest and we are registered with the Historic Society. I say that because although we are in an urban market with an amazing skyline, our views in many rooms are limited or blocked. With that thought, keep in mind that our building was originally build as bank, so we do have 30 different floor plans, conformed office space. So yes all the rooms are slightly laid out differently with the average room size about 530 sq. feet. What we do have is southern hospitality, charm, and location. I really appreciate your comments and bid you safe travels.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future when our renovations are completed in the spring of 2015. If I may be of assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Lebanon, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

Very friendly staff, very clean and comfortable room with nice view of bradway street.
Walking distance to multiple eating and entertainmnet places. A little pricey without a
deal, so plan ahead......

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Beebe, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

We booked this hotel because we wanted to be within walking distance to all the resturants and attractions on broadway. It was perfect for that. Just a short walk. This was a clean hotel and the staff seemed friendly. Comfortable beds were great. I think the price was a little high, but that is the case with all of the downtown hotels. They charge $22 a night for parking which seems like a lot, but once again it's about on par with the area. The valet area seemed under staffed. There are only a few spots in front of the hotel to park for valet and they were full when we arrived. We had to circle the block several times in major traffic before they were able to move a car for us to park. There is not an option for self parking. It also took quite a while (about 15 minutes) for them to get our car when we were ready to leave. Other than the couple small issues with parking, everything was great. We love coming to downtown Nashville and will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel definitely has a great location but the room we were given left much to be desired! I had booked months ahead of time hoping this would ensure a good room but we were assigned to a corner smaller dark room looking out onto a rooftop - not that we spent much time in the room, but a view would have been nice. They also neglect to mention that if you're staying in this hotel, the cover charge for the Wildhorse Saloon is waived and that is definitely a place to visit! Will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Hello Coastallife,

You indicated in your response that the guest room was somewhat unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit and that future travelers also do as well.

I am excited to announce that our hotel is scheduled to begin a full room's renovations project in December. After seeing the plans and the sketches of the rooms, one word comes to mind "WOW". I am sure that even the season traveler, such as you, will be pleased. I also wanted to share a little history too. Our building was once Nashville's first high-rise and the tallest building; in 1904. Well we are no longer the tallest, but I believe maybe the oldest and we are registered with the Historic Society. I say that because although we are in an urban market with an amazing skyline, our views in many rooms are limited or blocked. What we do have is southern hospitality, charm, and location. I really appreciate your comments and bid you safe travels.

You're a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future when our renovations are completed in the spring of 2015. If I may be of assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I took a quick birthday trip and had a wonderful time. I am a platinum member and used points. We were upgraded to a corner suite.

Everything was perfect as I would expect. All staff was prompt and courteous. The location is great if your visiting Nashville. All downtown sites are within walking distance. The exercise facility is bigger and better than most Courtyards.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This hotel is centrally located to all of the local attractions in downtown Nashville. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room decor was dated and not in very good condition. The hotel is an old bank, so our room layout was very awkward.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BNADT, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. I agree we do have a wonderful location just 2 blocks in either direction for dinning or entertainment. I appreciate the complement on our staff, we really do have a hospitality driven team. I wanted to share that our hotel will begin a room’s renovation in December and I must say that it’s breathtaking. I hope if you find your way back, any time after April, to our city of Nashville; stop in and stay in our newly renovated rooms.