“Disappointing” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   170 4th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
GreenLeadersBronze level
Oakville, Canada
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

This hotel definitely has a great location but the room we were given left much to be desired! I had booked months ahead of time hoping this would ensure a good room but we were assigned to a corner smaller dark room looking out onto a rooftop - not that we spent much time in the room, but a view would have been nice. They also neglect to mention that if you're staying in this hotel, the cover charge for the Wildhorse Saloon is waived and that is definitely a place to visit! Will stay somewhere else next time.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
BNADT, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, August 9, 2014
Hello Coastallife,

You indicated in your response that the guest room was somewhat unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest's satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit and that future travelers also do as well.

I am excited to announce that our hotel is scheduled to begin a full room's renovations project in December. After seeing the plans and the sketches of the rooms, one word comes to mind "WOW". I am sure that even the season traveler, such as you, will be pleased. I also wanted to share a little history too. Our building was once Nashville's first high-rise and the tallest building; in 1904. Well we are no longer the tallest, but I believe maybe the oldest and we are registered with the Historic Society. I say that because although we are in an urban market with an amazing skyline, our views in many rooms are limited or blocked. What we do have is southern hospitality, charm, and location. I really appreciate your comments and bid you safe travels.

You're a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future when our renovations are completed in the spring of 2015. If I may be of assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

My wife and I took a quick birthday trip and had a wonderful time. I am a platinum member and used points. We were upgraded to a corner suite.

Everything was perfect as I would expect. All staff was prompt and courteous. The location is great if your visiting Nashville. All downtown sites are within walking distance. The exercise facility is bigger and better than most Courtyards.

Saint Augustine Beach, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

This hotel is centrally located to all of the local attractions in downtown Nashville. The staff was friendly and helpful. The room decor was dated and not in very good condition. The hotel is an old bank, so our room layout was very awkward.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
BNADT, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, August 1, 2014
I am pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us. I agree we do have a wonderful location just 2 blocks in either direction for dinning or entertainment. I appreciate the complement on our staff, we really do have a hospitality driven team. I wanted to share that our hotel will begin a room’s renovation in December and I must say that it’s breathtaking. I hope if you find your way back, any time after April, to our city of Nashville; stop in and stay in our newly renovated rooms.
Bethel, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

Had a great time on our short trip staying at the Marriott. Comfortable beds, great linens, very nice staff members. Our room was great with huge windows on two sides. It was close to so many attractions including walking distance to great bars and restaurants. I loved being able to walk around and hear live music and people watch....Will stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Really enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard in Nashville Downtown! This hotel is in the perfect location, just a short walk from the action, but not close enough to worry about noise. Kind staff and nice on-site dining option. Free wifi is an excellent plus as well! Overall a great stay!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here last weekend. The price seemed good compared to others in the downtown area. The location was great and just a few blocks from most of the downtown attraction areas. The staff were very helpful and accommodating as well.

Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I am a platinum elite member with Marriott. I was traveling via redeye with an early morning arrival so I called ahead to the Courtyard Nashville downtown to see what the best option was to ensure that I would have a room available to me when I arrived. They suggested that I book a room for the night before my arrival. The day of my travel I called to confirm that I would have a room upon my arrival early the next morning and was told that I would and that they had added a note to my confirmation explaining my early arrival.

Upon arrival they couldn't find my reservation. They had cancelled my reservation entirely. Genuis. Reminds me of the old Seinfeld episode about taking but not keeping the reservation.

Good news for the trip is that the very nice gentleman at the front desk was able to get me a room and although the lobby is updated my hotel room was very dated and better forgotten. Don't bother staying here, if you are looking at staying at a Marriott property in downtown Nashville you'll be happier with a stay at the Renaissance.

Room Tip: Elevators are quite fast.