“Great Location and Staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown

You added Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   170 4th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Stay for Breakfast!
Ranked #41 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver, Colorado
“Great Location and Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

Really enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard in Nashville Downtown! This hotel is in the perfect location, just a short walk from the action, but not close enough to worry about noise. Kind staff and nice on-site dining option. Free wifi is an excellent plus as well! Overall a great stay!

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

My husband and I stayed here last weekend. The price seemed good compared to others in the downtown area. The location was great and just a few blocks from most of the downtown attraction areas. The staff were very helpful and accommodating as well.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Utah
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I am a platinum elite member with Marriott. I was traveling via redeye with an early morning arrival so I called ahead to the Courtyard Nashville downtown to see what the best option was to ensure that I would have a room available to me when I arrived. They suggested that I book a room for the night before my arrival. The day of my travel I called to confirm that I would have a room upon my arrival early the next morning and was told that I would and that they had added a note to my confirmation explaining my early arrival.

Upon arrival they couldn't find my reservation. They had cancelled my reservation entirely. Genuis. Reminds me of the old Seinfeld episode about taking but not keeping the reservation.

Good news for the trip is that the very nice gentleman at the front desk was able to get me a room and although the lobby is updated my hotel room was very dated and better forgotten. Don't bother staying here, if you are looking at staying at a Marriott property in downtown Nashville you'll be happier with a stay at the Renaissance.

Room Tip: Elevators are quite fast.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Naperville, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

My husband and I had stayed at the hotel in the past,and were very pleased. Again we were glad we picked the Courtyard as the location is perfect for a weekend of fun. We will back for a Predators game and stay at the Courtyard.

• Stayed July 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I planned a birthday trip to Nashville for my boyfriend. I ordered his favorite dessert from Texas and had it shipped directly to the hotel. Not only did they keep it refrigerated for me, but also, they brought it up to the room after we checked in and it was artfully arranged on a nice cake pedestal.

Room Tip: We had a gorgeous corner suite with large windows. We were near the elevator, and the hotel is very...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Florence, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Why "almost totally excellent"?
Location, front desk, cleanliness, room size/comfort, and valet parking all excellent plus. Couldn't find a better downtown location for short walks to all venues (Broadway Street, Ryman Auditorium, Printers Alley, Riverfront Park, TPAC, etc.) but the price is maybe a little too high for a mid-price hotel especially big occasions. However, it is worth it for convenience. Just be aware & of the $26 per night valet parking but worth it in this downtown location.
We were impressed (maybe should have been concerned ??) that when we returned to the hotel at 11:00 PM after the 4th of July fireworks/riverfront concert with 200,000+ in attendance, that 3 off-duty police officers were on the sidewalk/in lobby to insure that only registered guests entered with no problems in the vicinity.
Would we stay here again? We have now 3 times!

• Stayed July 2014
Dothan, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at the Courtyard by Marriott in downtown Nashville because it was within easy walking distance of the sites we wanted to see. Printers' Alley was half block around the corner. Dunn Bros. coffee shop right across the street. The District with the honky-tonks and shops 1 and 2 blocks down and 3 blocks down was the Cumberland River. It was an easy stroll to Bridgestone Arena, Ryman Auditorium, and the Country Music Hall of Fame.

The nightly rate was very reasonable and the hotel and rooms were very clean. The hotel staff was very helpful and was able to provide several suggestions on our visit to Nashville, a city that is in a re-building endeavor is prides itself on cleanliness.

We will make a return visit and stay at this hotel.

Austin & Lorrie

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Danni W, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, July 2, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide our team your feedback on our hotel in this great city of Nashville. We hope you will return. We will be refreshing our guest rooms beginning in December and there are many more events coming to our great city!
We look forward to your return!
Regards
Danni

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!