“Nice hotel close to Broadway” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   170 4th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #36 of 150 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Virginia
“Nice hotel close to Broadway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

The hotel is in a converted bank building and has some neat architectural features. Lobby are is very nice. Our room was very large, but nothing special. It was clean, quiet, and Broadway is just a 5 minute walk away. Staff was very nice. Would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights in October in a double standard room. The hotel was in a good location about 2 bocks from Broadway (downhill going towards Broadway, uphill going back to the hotel). The hotel is across the street from Printers Alley. The beds in my room were very comfortable. My room had an adjoining door to the room next door and I was told my the staff that all of the double rooms had adjoining rooms. The room décor was OK but nothing too fancy-very plain, but it was fine. I really liked the Starbucks in the lobby and Dunn Brothers across the street had great breakfast sandwiches. I would stay at this hotel again. No complaints from me.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
rimgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback and for choosing our location while in Nashville. We are pleased that our location allowed you to enjoy all that Downtown Nashville offers. We hope to see you again soon.
Mexcio, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Good typical marriott, very clean, but made specially nice because of staff. Very friendly , efficient and well trained esp valet staff but also others e.g. Man vacuuming stopped his machine and spoke as we passed

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
We cannot thank you enough for recongnizing our team. They are truly terrific people and we appreciate you taking the time to recognize them especially our PM Housekeeping aide who does the corridors. They are not often recognized.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We stayed here over Columbus Day weekend, and it was our first time in Nashville. We came with the intent of soaking up as much live music downtown as possible, and the Marriott Courtyard made it possible due to the great location. A 5 min walk to Broadway, and a 2-3 min walk to Starbucks and Puckett's where we got coffee and an amazing breakfast each morning. The hotel itself was nice - not the Ritz by any means but it was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the staff was very friendly. We used the gym while we were there as well (located on the 2nd floor). It was fairly small like most other hotel gyms, but had sufficient and fairly new equipment. Upon check-in (on a busy holiday weekend), they also granted my request for a room on an upper level away from an elevator, which I really appreciated. I would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the upper floor away from the elevator for more quiet
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel is totally mediocre. We checked in on a Friday at nearly midnight after a seven-hour flight delay. Despite our rough day of travel, we were given a room on the second floor overlooking the street (noisy) immediately across from the elevator bank (extremely noisy). We could hear audible "dings" every time the elevator came, and loud conversation on a frequent basis. (What hotel even has rooms across from the elevators?) Aside from that obvious issue, however, we were very disappointed with the room. It had an odd layout (the bed was facing the bathroom) and it seemed dingy and worn. The bed's comforter felt cheap and the mattress was hard.

Positively, the location is centrally located in downtown Nashville (although you're a stone's throw away from the comparatively priced and superior Sheraton or Hermitage), and the lobby has a unique touch screen that displays flight times and flight status. Ultimately, I gave this hotel an average rating because of those qualities, and because of the fact that the valets were extremely friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable - essentially concierges. In general, however, I wouldn't stay again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
rimgr, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We are sorry that you were disappointed with the room location and other aspects of your stay. We are sorry that you arrived already frustrated in the flight experience. Some guests are more sensitive to noises than others. Many of our rooms are near an elevator but the room soundproofing has made this a very rare complaint We respect your opinion but share that other tripadvisor comments will certainly conradict the "Motel" description.
Golden, Colorado, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have to say that I, like many other reviewers have been fooled by the pictures this hotel posts. Myself along with many others in my family stayed here for my sisters wedding and found the hotel to be okay, but definitely not what was promised by the hotel's website.

Pros: The hotel had a great lobby area, the location was very convenient and the valet staff was fantastic and definitely went above and beyond to help their customers. Also, I enjoyed the Paul Mitchell soap products in the bath.

Cons: The size of the rooms were incredible small. My parents were in a ADA accessible room that definitely did not seem accessible. It was so small and a wheelchair would have a hard time maneuvering. Also, the bathroom was incredibly small and someone in a wheelchair would have had to get out of their chair and leave it in the hall in order to use it.

In my room, the bathroom was so small that I had to close the door before I was able to get into the shower and, since there was no vent system in the bathroom, the room became so steamy that I had to open the door which basically took away my privacy. Also, the only sink was outside the bathroom in a very small area and it was very difficult to maneuver two people in this area coming in and out of the bathroom. The rooms were semi different from the pictures online. It seems like they added some linens to the rooms and had to bring in light in order to take the pictures. The room was very dark even with all of the lights turned on. Makeup was difficult to apply until I went right up to the window bringing my own travel mirror..

Although this may sound stuck up in some ways, I was also upset with the toilet paper and tissues. I usually do not notice it but it was basically 1 ply and felt like sand paper. I literally went out and bought my own.

Although the lobby was nice I would not recommend this hotel if you are like me and like to stay in a clean feeling place with small bits of luxury like non-fast food restaurant toilet paper. If you are looking for a last minute 1 night stay it would be fine but anything other than that I take caution... especially with little ones as it did not seem super soundproof.

Room Tip: I stayed in 709 and it had a giant pillar in the center of the room which made it hard to maneuver i...
Green Features: Only saw one flyer about hanging up your towels so they could save water instead of replacing every day.
Honolulu
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013

The rooms are decent size and comfortable and the location is close to just about everything. The bar area downstairs is nice but pricey. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. Would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!