“Great location with comfortable rooms” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown

You added Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   170 4th Avenue North, Nashville, TN 37219 (Downtown Nashville)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #43 of 149 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Plymouth
“Great location with comfortable rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

Stayed 2 nights at the Courtyard during a recent girls' trip to Nashville. The hotel is well-located within walking distance of many of the downtown sites. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms were quiet. Staff was very friendly, including Bruce at the front desk, who helped us locate some restaurants and places to shop. The valets/bellmen were very friendly as well.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Trinidad
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel 6-10 June during the CMA Festival 2013.
Check in was quick and easy but didn't feel friendly or welcoming. The check-in counter girls were giggling while checking us in so had me wondering what was the joke? One of the key cards didn't work so got that fixed when I went down after. Normally at other hotels I stayed at they offer a map and showed you your location and places of intrest etc. This wasn't done here but there are maps available at the check-in counter for you to take.
Had booked months in advance and requested a high floor but was given floor 2. I had a view of the fire escape of the building next door. No big deal, I just kept curtains closed all the time.
The room was clean. Had a small fridge but no safe. The sink is outside the bathroom. The shower pressure is VERY powerful.
The AC is noisy and could be a problem for people who have problems with noise. Bed is comfortable, sheets were not changed for the time we were there in that double room.
Have to be careful when pulling out plugs from the wall plugs because the entire wall plate is very shaky and can come off. On the floor I was on, floor 2, there was a gym, ice machine and guest laundry.
The location was perfect for walking everywhere. There is a convenience store down the side street and many food places all around. I took about 25mins from the Hotel to walk around the Stadium to my seat at LP Field. I walked about at all hours and it felt safe and the area is quiet. To enter late at nights you use your room key card to open the hotel doors.
The cleaning staff comes early like after 9am and leave a paper if they passed by. Because of this the room didn't get cleaned on 2days but they came in and left a lot of extra towels but no shampoo etc.
On the Sunday we left the room early and returned but the room wasn't cleaned. Then around 3pm they passed to clean rooms.
If ever in Nashville again I will stay at this Hotel.

• Stayed June 2013
New South Wales
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2013

If like us, you are first-timers to Nashville, you'll find the location of the Marriott is perfect! You can walk down to Broadway and enjoy all the Bars and foot-tappin' Bluegrass you want, day or night and Nashville is the sort of place you'll feel safe to wander in. We found the staff at the Marriott to be very helpful and courteous, our room was immaculately clean and comfortable and breakfast in the bistro was great. There's also a brilliant bakery/cafe opposite and plenty of other places to eat nearby, and there is easy (and free) access to the hotels business centre computers for airline confirmations etc. So with all that in mind as well as the Marriott's impressive 'Old Bank' interior detail, we loved it and would highly recommend it to our friends. Clean, convenient, affordable and welcoming, it ticks all the boxes and we'd stay there again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Buffalo, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

If you need or want to stay downtown, this hotel is in a good location but that’s about all this hotel has going for it. I am a Marriott Platinum member and travel a lot for work. I always try to stay at a Marriott if I can get the government rate.

The Courtyard chain is my last choice of all the Marriott brand hotels and my stay at this hotel confirmed why it is my last choice.

It is funny to me that the Courtyard brands itself the “business traveler” hotel. The problem is they do not offer (at least this Courtyard did not offer) loyal Marriott Platinum members anything. No concierge lounge, no breakfast, no bottled water, no coupons for food, nothing. For the frequent business traveler who stays loyal to a hotel brand, not providing some small token of appreciation like bottled water and a breakfast is not exactly the way to build a loyal business travel following.

The last time I stayed at a Courtyard was last year in Dallas. They were very good and at least gave me free breakfast every day. This Courtyard would not offer anything, we asked. For those readers that think this review sounds pretentious, I apologize but for those frequent travelers like myself that stay loyal to a hotel brand, you know how hard traveling can be and it is the little extras and special treatment that makes traveling a little easier. This is why we stay loyal to a brand. Not offering your best customers ( Platinum ) so much as a bottle water does not seem like the way to earn my business. Especially given that if I stay at any of the other Marriott brands, I will be given free breakfast , water etc.

The hotel is showing its age. The rooms have not been remodeled although the bed was comfortable and the TV was a flat screen LCD. The bathroom was dingy and small. There was nothing special about the room but also nothing that would necessarily frighten you, it served its purpose. The A/C does make a rather loud noise, typical for an older hotel. I got use to it and it did not keep me awake at night.

The café /restaurant that’s included in the hotel lobby is actually pretty good. They have Starbucks coffee and if you are looking for a light snack, it will suffice.
The hotel staff was okay. They were not extremely helpful or friendly when we checked in but they were not rude or unfriendly.

My first choice if I am staying downtown Nashville would be the Renaissance. Unfortunately, I could not obtain the government rate so I stayed at the Courtyard. Next time, I may decide it is not worth it and if I can’t get in the Renaissance, I think I would pick a different hotel chain.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
rimgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, June 26, 2013
MBA Teacher,

We appreciate you staying with us and we were happy that you recognized that some of the experience was positive. In reviewing this, it seems that your concerns are directed at our brand program (Courtyard) than the property. Our brand has a generous arrival gift for platinum members that I know was fulfilled during your visit as well as with every other platinum member visit. I am sorry that you felt that the platinum bonus was not sufficient recognition.

We value all of our guests and commit to serving with our Marriott spirit. We also commit to be consistent and not deviate from our brand programs.
Burlingame, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel is a great choice if you want to walk to Broadway and check out all the local musicians. The staff was very nice. We arrived at about 10am and thought we would store our luggage and walk around since it was so early but we got to check in. The staff always greeted us with a hello, how are you when we entered the lobby and were very helpful with walking directions, cabs and places to go!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This Courtyard has a little more character than usual since it`s in a former bank building and the lobby has the high vaulted ceilings and plenty of space. It`s true what they say about "location, location, location" and this is a perfect base for all the local attractions. Whether it be 2nd Ave and Broadway for all the music bars or walk across the river to LP Field or seeing the Capitol and Courthouse buildings you only have a 5-10min walk either way. Rooms were large and comfortable, service in the lobby was quick and cheerful and the boys at the front door did a great job with luggage and car valet. My visit to Nashville was so good that I`m now thinking about when I can go back !!

Room Tip: High floor
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Oakville, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Arrived Tuesday and we were immediately given our room. Very nice size for 3 of us and a complimentary roll away bed We loved the hotel, staff and location up until Friday morning when an issue with booking came up. When we initially checked in the older gentleman at the desk said "for 3 nights?" which I said no, til Monday. I thought he was confused because there was 3 of us and said nothing more about it. Come Friday morning I went to tell the maid she did not have to clean our room, I just brought her the garbage and asked for coffee. She seemed confused that we did not want service in our room but I thought it was just a language barrier. Not long after a gentleman knocked at our door to "confirm we were leaving" that day. I told him no, we were booked through our tour company until Monday (CMA Fest package). I found my receipt and went down to the lobby to find out what was going on. The operations manager Beverly told me we were only booked 3 days, I showed her my reciept and told her we were booked 6 days which she confirmed by my reciept. She then stated that we were only booked in 3 nights as if the tour company was at fault. Have used the tour company prior with no issue and the fact they only offer 5 or 6 night packages, i assumed it was a entry error. We always get 6 nights so we do not have to drive back to Canada after the concert Saturday night. I was told they would have booked it thru "central booking and not the hotel itself". We had already stayed 3 nights in another hotel prior to coming here so I told her I would not change rooms due to the fact we were all settled in 3 days already and unpacked. She told me the problem was there was no other rooms. I heard her repeat that I said I would not move to someone on the phone. Her apology was absolutely fake and she would not even look me in the eyes while she apologized. I had my son and his friend with me, both adults, who were not at all impressed (2 of us work in customer service and would never treat a customer like that). Making an effort to look at me and apologize would have made a huge difference in this whole mix up. Once we got that settled and went back to our vacation, we never heard any more about it at all so I assume they figured out where the fault lay in the booking. After the concert that night we got back to find our key cards had been deactivated, sending us once again back to the desk not sure if we still had a room or what was going on. Accidents happen, but this was handled very poorly. All of the other staff were magnificent and our room and location was great. I only gave a 3 star due to the issue and how it was handled.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
rimgr, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Greetings from Music city following the most attended CMA musicfest ever. We apologize for any concern and confusion during this stay. We were pleased to hear that aside from this issue, the service and room met your expectations.

This was our only confusing registration the entire week and we apologize if we appeared a little challenged when handling this. I will admit it was a challenge because we had only 6 rooms departing and arriving that day with each asigned to a particular room type. We were able to strategize and resolve it without any change to you.

Thank you again for the feedback and reinforcing that our location , staff, and rooms served you very well and met your expectations.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Downtown? Share your experiences!